ADVERTISEMENT

#14 RU vs #17 Iowa Game Thread 1/23/19

Good game ... can’t win them all ... still shows RU is a good team ... and still in 1st!!!!!

Are people just trying a reverse jinx when it's a three point margin with two minutes to play?

seem liked Iowa trying to stall a bit and run clock has hurt their offense

need a great look here and a stop the other end

RU trails 66-62, has the ball, only 30 seconds left. Tough situation.

4-24 from 3 is brutal.....RU was 23-35 on regular shots

cannot be that bad from the perimeter and expect to win but way too many attempts for this team

Game decided at the free throw line. Tina Napier was the nail in the coffin before the first tip-off. Not sure Iowa will lose another game with giant girl inside who is allowed to hug people with no penalty

RU loses 72-66

IMO, the biggest issue besides giving Gustafsen too many easy layups was just being cold outside, RU only shot 16 percent on 26 shots. Hit just a few more of those and RU wins even w giving up all those layups. Although Iowa shot 19-25 free throws vs 8-12 for RU. Most of the RU fouls were deserved IMO. RU plays that attack defense every game, which leads to a lot of fouls.

Still a great effort on the road against a terrific team. Need to come right back and win at Penn St this Sunday.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=242366

Game decided at the free throw line. Tina Napier was the nail in the coffin before the first tip-off. Not sure Iowa will lose another game with giant girl inside who is allowed to hug people with no penalty

they can be beat...Michigan State and Purdue already beat them. However their schedule is easier than RU and they get all the tougher teams at home and Maryland only once which is home

That sideline reporter is the most typical Iowa airhead I’ve ever seen. That was a worse television production than even the worst SNY game back in the day. I think if I filmed from the stands on my iPhone and announced the game at the same time it would have won a Grammy compared to that. I might call BTN and ask for a full refund of my $10

the refs didnt factor in the last quarter
I didn't watch the game, but we had 26 fouls and they had 12 and that was a major problem. We only lost by 6, but they had 11 more points from free throws and shot more than twice as many as we did.

The foul discrepancy is appalling. I don't care what anyone say: 26-12? Really? Let that sink in. We foul that much more compared to Iowa? Really Napier?

Even with the $hitty officiating, we couldn't hit any threes. We shot 4-25 or 16%. That's not going to get it done. If we had shot like they did (29%) we would have won this game by 6 points. They shot 23 fouls shots to our 11. You CANNOT tell me there isn't bias in the way officials officiate this game.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
That sideline reporter is the most typical Iowa airhead I’ve ever seen. That was a worse television production than even the worst SNY game back in the day. I think if I filmed from the stands on my iPhone and announced the game at the same time it would have won a Grammy compared to that. I might call BTN and ask for a full refund of my $10

The production was fine but the Iowa Student courtside reporter was awful. Luckily she wasn't on too much.

Any way to quickly see the last 20 games she reffed against RU to see what the foul differential is?
I don't know. But it seems as if anytime she officiates our games, she mucks it up.

I didn't watch the game, but we had 26 fouls and they had 12 and that was a major problem. We only lost by 6, but they had 11 more points from free throws and shot more than twice as many as we did.

in the last quarter fouling wasnt the issue, its that we couldnt make a shot when it counted or make that needed stop...RU had it to 63-62 and Iowa got an easy layup on the next possession.

in the last quarter fouling wasnt the issue, its that we couldnt make a shot when it counted or make that needed stop...RU had it to 63-62 and Iowa got an easy layup on the next possession.
Bac, it was both. The foul discrepancy was appalling. But we also only shot 16% from 3 point land. If we had equaled Iowa's 29% we still win this game by 6.

4 of 25 on three point attempts Guirantes 0 for 7
amazing that we were in it til the end
we made 8 of 12 free throws and they made 19 of 25.
Although many of their free throws were at the end
the lead/margin they had in made free throws was the separation
for most of the game.

3 of 25 from beyond the arc says it all
Typical negative response lol.
Seriously though...that's a tough stat. With that you either have to make more or take less. (#captain obvious...not you. Just obvious)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT