ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Wrestling News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids can wrestle in front of 6,000 at the RAC or in front of 600 at Jadwyn Gym.

Have Donny Pritzlaff as the top Assistant or Joe Dubuque (and I think highly of Dubuque)/Sean Gray as the top Assistant.

Wrestle in the top Wrestling Conference or a secondary one .

RU has a LOT of selling points.

It is tough getting kids from Delbarton and Blair who kids see the Ivies where “they belong”. That is just the perception. Princeton sells, “you can wrestle with the NJRTC coaches of Big Ten caliber and get the great Princeton education”. They sell all of the billionaire contacts available from Princeton alumni. Tough to compete against. Sure we can sell a great new facility and 2 NCAA champs. It depends what a 16-17 believes is best for him. Fact.
And, on top of it, most students who get an offer or get accepted into the top Ivy league schools also pay zero to very little tuition, due to their enormous endowment funds.

THAT'S extremely hard to compete with!

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I understand many people would prefer to see only folkstyle matches, but Willie lets the kids choose the style because the event is for them. we're inviting them to compete but they are under absolutely no obligation to participate. we want to make it as enticing as possible for the competitors and one way to do that is allow them to wrestle in either folk or free. and more and more of the elite level wrestlers prefer to wrestle freestyle. that's just how it goes.

appreciate the feedback and am glad so many of you tuned in.

Losing him to Princeton will be a real kick in the...
It's starting to look like Princeton is really cashing in on the New Jersey Regional Training Center. More so than us. They're going to start kicking our asses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
I understand many people would prefer to see only folkstyle matches, but Willie lets the kids choose the style because the event is for them. we're inviting them to compete but they are under absolutely no obligation to participate. we want to make it as enticing as possible for the competitors and one way to do that is allow them to wrestle in either folk or free. and more and more of the elite level wrestlers prefer to wrestle freestyle. that's just how it goes.

appreciate the feedback and am glad so many of you tuned in.
I get it. Just don't like freestyle that much and would prefer to see them wrestle folkstyle.

Van Ness is like Ferrari in that all we can do is make our best pitch.
They know what RU has to offer.
The fact we are considered is great, but we need to win one of these battles soon to help turn the tide.
I would think we have amazing training partners around Van Ness's weight (Ashnault, Vulkah, Aragona, Graff).

I know PU has Glory and Kolo (not very familiar with the wrestlers)

I think Wng should buy a RU fight song CD and have his dad play it in his sons room while he sleeps (Subliminal messages cannot hurt)

FYI :Rider tickets available at their box office site. $15 no fees for sideline. Not sure if RU is getting an allotment. $$$$

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I thought about buying Shayne a car. What do you think?

Bill, Did you go to Football game against MD and were you sitting in section 103 row 38 and leave at halftime? If so, I sat in front of you and we talked for a few minutes.

Husk
I sit in Section 126 Row 34, seat 8,9. I hope the guy was kind, compassionate, friendly and good looking. We walk around to leave behind that area

FYI :Rider tickets available at their box office site. $15 no fees for sideline. Not sure if RU is getting an allotment. $$$$
There's not a bad seat in the house at Alumni Gymnasium. My high school gym was bigger.

There's not a bad seat in the house at Alumni Gymnasium. My high school gym was bigger.
Bet Rutgers fans buy at least half the tickets for the Rider match. I still think we should have strong armed Rider into having the match at Cure Center in Trenton.

Last edited:
just wondering... how much more $$$ it took for NLWC (vs. Ohio RTC) to make this happen. what a coup for NLWC!

I doubt this was about money. Snyder is sponsored by Ohio based/OSU leaning Rudis brand. I think it is about training partners/recent results. He will have Varner/Nickal/Cassar to train with plus Cael and all the internationals they bring in.

I doubt this was about money. Snyder is sponsored by Ohio based/OSU leaning Rudis brand. I think it is about training partners/recent results. He will have Varner/Nickal/Cassar to train with plus Cael and all the internationals they bring in.

I'm sure the additional money helps as well.

After Cassar, what is the next plan for PSU at HW?
The younger Nevills (Spelling?)

I know he was a good HWT, but not the elite like the recent recruits in the HWT division (See OSU's Heavyweight)
Any news on Gable Stevensen? Is he wrestling this year?

After Cassar, what is the next plan for PSU at HW?
The younger Nevills (Spelling?)

I know he was a good HWT, but not the elite like the recent recruits in the HWT division (See OSU's Heavyweight)
Any news on Gable Stevensen? Is he wrestling this year?
Nevills is redshirting this year, and even though Cassar has another available year after this one, few expect him to take it.

Nevills won 4 CA state championships, went 169-1 and was the overall #6 pick, so he's not shabby. But, I agree that he's not as heralded as some of the other recent heavies. Keep in mind also, that he was class of 2018, took a grayshirt, and now a redshirt. He'll be a much different wrestler when he takes the mat next year.

As far as Steveson, in today's hypertensive world, I wonder even if the charges are dropped, whether he'll wrestle.

Reactions: R U Crazy
Nevills is redshirting this year, and even though Cassar has another available year after this one, few expect him to take it.

Nevills won 4 CA state championships, went 169-1 and was the overall #6 pick, so he's not shabby. But, I agree that he's not as heralded as some of the other recent heavies. Keep in mind also, that he was class of 2018, took a grayshirt, and now a redshirt. He'll be a much different wrestler when he takes the mat next year.

As far as Steveson, in today's hypertensive world, I wonder even if the charges are dropped, whether he'll wrestle.
Heard from reliable source last week that no charges will be filed.

Had a nice visit with Shayne Van Ness at the Somerville/Warren Hills football game. He was acknowledged before the game for winning the whose number 1 tournament in Iowa. Had his ear operated on the other day. Great young man.

Had a nice visit with Shayne Van Ness at the Somerville/Warren Hills football game. He was acknowledged before the game for winning the whose number 1 tournament in Iowa. Had his ear operated on the other day. Great young man.

It would definitely be nice to get him.

Kyle Snyder is leaving Ohio RTC to go to NLWC
Hmmm, given how those clowns on their forum dissed him and Ohio State on a continual basis, it should be fun to see how they suddenly change their tune with Snyder and call him a "good guy."

How disingenuine. :flush:

Why, yes, because, after all, the response of a victim of a sexual assault is most certainly a hypertensive response.

You've obviously never had a woman close to you who was sexually assaulted, eh, boy?

Why, yes, because, after all, the response of a victim of a sexual assault is most certainly a hypertensive response.

You've obviously never had a woman close to you who was sexually assaulted, eh, boy?
This is an RU wrestling forum. You are welcome to come here and discuss wrestling in general, and RU wrestling in particular.

Whatever issues you have had with other posters from other forums, they do not belong here. Neither does your response.

This is an RU wrestling forum. You are welcome to come here and discuss wrestling in general, and RU wrestling in particular.

Whatever issues you have had with other posters from other forums, they do not belong here. Neither does your response.
And nor does calling sexual assault victims hypertensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT