ADVERTISEMENT

2020 wish list

Shell21

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2004
Who would you want for our 2020 class? I think right now we will have 3 open ships. I definitely want Cliff, and Hawkins as two bigs. Cliff is a little raw still, but huge upside and can help on the glass and being a rim protector right away. Can develop into a force if he can develop a jumper and a go to post move. Hawkins seems like a stretch 4 kind of player, which we don't really have any of right now as his size and skill. Not sure who I would take with third ship since we are so deep in the guard department already, but maybe a point guard, another big body, or roll over the ship to next year.

Reactions: Scangg
We have four scholarships (two 2019 empties plus Carter and Yeboah graduating) though it's unlikely we use them all.

My wish list is simply that we get on the board in the next month or so with a top 200 or better prospect.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
It may be a good idea to fill the class out though because like nearly every other team we'll have at least one current player with remaining eligibility leave after the year.

Reactions: bowlgoal
Looks like we have a shot with Cliff. That would be awesome obviously. Would be B1G to land such a highly rated recruit and could help with others considering RU.

Hawkins is the guy I really want as a legit stretch 4 with actual height who has ball skills and can shoot the 3. He is exactly what this team needs the official visit went well so I am hopeful

I wouldn't expect us to fill all spots. Seems you'll just end up losing someone else who sees their role diminishing. It's a delicate balance in this new heavy transfer world

Reactions: NJDOVES
forgot about Carter...my guess is we use 3, then hold one for a grad transfer type if we can't get someone we want..don't want to just settle

I’m guessing Mitchell is a plan B if we don’t get Hawkins , but who knows, maybe we take both with 4 ships remaining

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT