ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Rutgers Season Ticket Holder Central (NEW Parking Allocation Procedure)

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Note NEW parking selection platform:

Season parking will no longer be available to be automatically renewed during the season ticket renewal process for the 2022 season. Rutgers Athletics is rolling out a new parking selection platform that will allow the department to annually evaluate parking inventory while accommodating donors with a unique appointment time to choose parking based on their individual needs through the integrated and automated parking selection process.

Fans wishing to take part in the parking selection process for 2022 season parking must be a current season ticket holder and R Fund donor as of April 30, 2022. Fans will be allowed to purchase one (1) parking pass per four (4) season tickets per account holder and each parking lot will have minimum annual gift qualifications based on the desired lot location and the number of parking passes.

Ticket Holder Central:

• Haha
Reactions: RUCensored
If you know people on a budget and on the fence about buying season tickets , no need to pay for parking if you don’t mind walking a bit.

I smell class action suit by all the long-term donors if they move away from the points system.
The way I’m reading it, priority points will still be used…
“The window of time will be decided on priority point ranking as of April 30, 2022.”

Well that kinda means nothing and a serious devaluation for what we were told for literally decades. They have to do a much better job of loyalty to the fans who kept this program alive.

Reeks of another 118 Massacre.

Reactions: bac2therac
That’s part of it. RU giving 30 years season ticket holders two weeks to find new seats is another interpretation. Now it seems RU is implementing another new system.

Call me crazy but this new system seems to seriously devalue the Priority Points system RU pushed/mandated all these years. RU doesn’t appear to value loyalty.

The timing of this is just head scratching. We don't have a winning program. We don't have casual fans knocking down the doors trying to get tickets. We aren't filling the stadium. Yet every year they seem to take strides towards making the whole package more onerous to deal with.

Except for the new platform/system isn't this the same requirements/structure we've had for the past several years? Minimum donation required for each lot and priority points are your place in line. Seems like they are just trying to automate the system as opposed to doing everything manually by taking your lot preferences and doing everything at the end. Though this year and maybe last they didn't bother asking your preference. Not saying it will be implemented well but I just don't understand what is different in terms of the requirements for each lot. It's nothing new so why are people saying priority points are devalued?

Last edited:
Except for the new platform/system isn't this the same requirements/structure we've had for the past several years? Minimum donation required for each lot and priority points are your place in line. Seems like they are just trying to automate the system as opposed to doing everything manually by taking your lot preferences and dung everything at the end. Though this year and maybe last they didn't bother asking your preference. Not saying it will be implemented well but I just don't understand what is different in terms of the requirements for each lot. It's nothing new so why are people saying priority points are devalued?
That is how I read it. Wasn’t understanding the interpretation that priority points didn’t matter.

Reactions: IMARUFAN and TRU2RU
They need money and the demand isn't really there but they are putting in a policy that they want to trick you into thinking there is demand

Reactions: RUaMoose
So again under new system please explain how priority points matter?

So again under new system please explain how priority points matter?
“R Fund donors and football season ticket holders will be assigned a window of time to select their lot via a live parking map. The window of time will be decided on priority point ranking as of April 30, 2022. The easiest way to increase your priority points is through increased annual giving towards Rutgers Athletics or purchasing additional season tickets prior to April 30.”

if I’m reading correctly, you get a spot in line based on how many priority points you have. More points = better spot in line = better lot. So basically the same system and priority points still matter. Yes, it’s overly complicated, but I can’t understand the “priority points no longer matter” argument

Reactions: slyker and TRU2RU
So what has changed besides the process?

If I was eligible for the parking XX in 2021 I assume I will still be eligible for the same parking in 2022 but instead of auto renew, I need to use this new system?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Is there a CliffsNotes version of this?
Only change as far as I can tell is the process to select your parking.

Week of May 23 they'll tell you what your window is to log in and pick your parking. The window timing should be based on your priority points. June 1-15 you log on during your assigned window to pick your parking.

Requirements for what you qualify for are still a minimum donation specific to each lot.

Except for the new platform/system isn't this the same requirements/structure we've had for the past several years? Minimum donation required for each lot and priority points are your place in line. Seems like they are just trying to automate the system as opposed to doing everything manually by taking your lot preferences and doing everything at the end. Though this year and maybe last they didn't bother asking your preference. Not saying it will be implemented well but I just don't understand what is different in terms of the requirements for each lot. It's nothing new so why are people saying priority points are devalued?
Because people love to feel like they are being screwed over so that they can complain about it.

The new system is better IMO. Gives existing STH priority over new STH unless new STH want to pay up. Simply a way to protect those that have stuck with program and increase revenue from bandwagon fans. I like the new system.

So in re-reading this it seems one of the "new" things is that you MUST be an R Fund donor. I do not believe that was a mandatory thing before.

"Fans wishing to take part in the parking selection process for the 2022 season must be a season ticket holder AND an R Fund donor"

So in re-reading this it seems one of the "new" things is that you MUST be an R Fund donor. I do not believe that was a mandatory thing before.

"Fans wishing to take part in the parking selection process for the 2022 season must be a season ticket holder AND an R Fund donor"

I am in favor of whatever requires more people to donate to Rutgers.

Reactions: redking

I'm pretty sure that isn't changing either, they're just counting the donation attached to the ticket price as a donation to the R Fund now instead of whatever scholarship fund or gift or whatever they used to call it. Have any of you people complaining actually called the ticket office to get clarification or are you all just bitching for the sake of bitching? I talked to a ticket rep yesterday and he told me the exact dollar amount I owe, where we can park depending on how much extra we donate, etc. There is no confusion, we're getting the same seats and the same parking lot, absolutely nothing is different, and I can't even come up with a single thing to complain about. The only thing that might be different, and I'm not even sure if it is, is that the parking pass isn't included in the 6-month payment plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpeg and TRU2RU
They should really just turn the entire football program into an NFT.

But seriously, it's kinda weird that they're trying to gin up unrealistic expectations of demand for parking lots that are (in the case of Yellow) at best about 35% sold.

I'm pretty sure that isn't changing either, they're just counting the donation attached to the ticket price as a donation to the R Fund now instead of whatever scholarship fund or gift or whatever they used to call it. Have any of you people complaining actually called the ticket office to get clarification or are you all just bitching for the sake of bitching? I talked to a ticket rep yesterday and he told me the exact dollar amount I owe, where we can park depending on how much extra we donate, etc. There is no confusion, we're getting the same seats and the same parking lot, absolutely nothing is different, and I can't even come up with a single thing to complain about. The only thing that might be different, and I'm not even sure if it is, is that the parking pass isn't included in the 6-month payment plan.
Ha. If nothing has changed then why the new procedures???

Reactions: MrsScrew

1. You quoted me but I was clarifying something that was new, not bitching.
2. You are confusing mandatory seat fees that go to the scholarship fund and fiscal year donation minimums for parking lots that used to be able to go to a variety of things, including purchasing bricks for the Scarlet Walk. It would, unfortunately, seem that bricks are no longer an acceptable means of donating for parking.
3. There are things that are different, specifically the new highest to lowest PP order of picking your parking lot.
4. This post was made Friday afternoon and many of us, myself included, didn't see it or it read it until after 5pm, so no, we didn't have the opportunity to reach out to our ticket reps to clarify & confirm specifics relating to us personally.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Ha. If nothing has changed then why the new procedures???
The procedure changed but you're still going to end up with the same parking lot you've had.

1. You quoted me but I was clarifying something that was new, not bitching.
2. You are confusing mandatory seat fees that go to the scholarship fund and fiscal year donation minimums for parking lots that used to be able to go to a variety of things, including purchasing bricks for the Scarlet Walk. It would, unfortunately, seem that bricks are no longer an acceptable means of donating for parking.
3. There are things that are different, specifically the new highest to lowest PP order of picking your parking lot.
4. This post was made Friday afternoon and many of us, myself included, didn't see it or it read it until after 5pm, so no, we didn't have the opportunity to reach out to our ticket reps to clarify & confirm specifics relating to us personally.
The seat fee counts toward the donation minimum. It doesn't say anywhere that certain donations that counted in the past will no longer count. I think you're jumping to a conclusion and should probably just call the ticket office to get clarification on that. Parking was already determined by priority points, they just took everyone's requests first and then sorted it out, now you just make your pick in order of priority points, so it's six in one and half a dozen in the other. I don't see how anyone gets bumped out of their parking lot this way.

Reactions: TRU2RU
The procedure changed but you're still going to end up with the same parking lot you've had.

The seat fee counts toward the donation minimum. It doesn't say anywhere that certain donations that counted in the past will no longer count. I think you're jumping to a conclusion and should probably just call the ticket office to get clarification on that. Parking was already determined by priority points, they just took everyone's requests first and then sorted it out, now you just make your pick in order of priority points, so it's six in one and half a dozen in the other. I don't see how anyone gets bumped out of their parking lot this way.
You didn't answer my question. If nothing changed the why the new procedures?

You didn't answer my question. If nothing changed the why the new procedures?
I don't know, probably to simplify things on their end, but I also don't know why people are complaining so much when they're going to get the same thing they already have anyway.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Umm there is a flip side to that you know, right?? People say screw it and don't renew because Rutgers is being cheap again and bleeding the most loyal fans.

Or our fans are being cheap. We will continue to have a small time program if it's supported like a small time program. When GS gets us winning again the place will be packed again.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I don't know, probably to simplify things on their end, but I also don't know why people are complaining so much when they're going to get the same thing they already have anyway.
You know why you don't know? Rutgers didn't give an explanation of why there is a change in the procedures. Don't you think that would have been helpful?? With a clear statement that it doesn't affect priority points. That announcement was terribly written.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT