ADVERTISEMENT

2024 O-Line 😎

Big boy stan

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2017
One of our biggest worries a year ago turned out to be a strength as the season and bowl game went. Credit to the players and coaching staff for the development. Hopefully we see some more from some of the other RS sophs.

I took a look at the returning players and their 2023 snap counts (does not include the bowl game). Pretty sure the info below is accurate but let me know if you see any mistakes. We return (as of now) 7 players that had snaps this year

PLAYER2024 ClassSNAP COUNT% of Snaps
Hollin PierceSenior71892%
Gus ZilinskasJunior70591%
Bryan FelterSenior58075%
Curtis Dunlap Jr.Gone53769%
Reggie SuttonGone41553%
Kwabena AsamoahSoph31440%
Kamar MissouriGone21327%
Mike CiaffoniGone11815%
Taj WhiteSoph11515%
Tyler NeedhamJunior9212%
Ireland BrownGone628%
Dantae ChinSoph223%

Needham was a starter who was injured fairly early in the season.

If RU can keep Flats around for a while, and continue to recruit the size and skill of what is being recruited now, OL will not be a position group considered the weak point anymore.
He really must be an outstanding coach. MVC as far as position coaches…
Having an in-shape Pierce as a cornerstone ain’t bad either.

One of our biggest worries a year ago turned out to be a strength as the season and bowl game went. Credit to the players and coaching staff for the development. Hopefully we see some more from some of the other RS sophs.

I took a look at the returning players and their 2023 snap counts (does not include the bowl game). Pretty sure the info below is accurate but let me know if you see any mistakes. We return (as of now) 7 players that had snaps this year

Bryan FelterSenior58075%
Reggie SuttonGone41553%
Kamar MissouriGone21327%
Mike CiaffoniGone11815%
Taj WhiteSoph11515%
Tyler NeedhamJunior9212%
Ireland BrownGone628%
Dantae ChinSoph223%
That’s a great write up, thanks! Any ideas on who is the likely starting 5 or top 6 lineman in September 2024?

Thanks for posting this OP.

Really looking forward to next season, I think we have a very good shot at something special

That’s a great write up, thanks! Any ideas on who is the likely starting 5 or top 6 lineman in September 2024?
LT - Pierce (returning starter)
LG - Felter (took over starting position as season went on)
C - Zilinskas (returning starter)
RG - Asamoah (spelled Dunlap)
RT - Needham/White/Chin (this will be the main battle)

One of the RT losers could slide inside. This will be your top 7 unless a portal pick up.

Is Reggie officially gone? The Star Ledger article said it’s TBD as he’d be a lock for a waiver if he decides to give it another year.

Reactions: koleszar
Is Reggie officially gone? The Star Ledger article said it’s TBD as he’d be a lock for a waiver if he decides to give it another year.
Reggie got much stronger as the year went on. In his first games he looked like he was on one leg but in the bowl he was getting nice push with his base under him. Hope he comes back.

Last edited:
Didn't even think he had any eligibility left. Just went through it and yeah he would get another year on a medical waiver. He qualifies for one.

-2018 he played in 4 games but that was the 1st year of the new redshirt rule.
-2019 played 6 games
-2020 played 9 games Covid Year
-2021 played 3 games injured (qualifies for medical waiver)
-2022 misses' entire year injury
-2023 played 13 games

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
So there are no Jonah Jackson’s and Mike Maietti’s among this group of linemen?

We could also add a starter next weekend. Sounds like that will be the big weekend for transfers. Chin really looked the part in the pinstripe bowl

We could also add a starter next weekend. Sounds like that will be the big weekend for transfers. Chin really looked the part in the pinstripe bowl
His size definitely caught my eye. I had no idea who it was and had to do a quick search. Was only in for a few snaps but didn't get blown up and did his job. Like you said, he looks the part.

Bryan FelterSenior58075%
Reggie SuttonGone41553%
Kamar MissouriGone21327%
Mike CiaffoniGone11815%
Taj WhiteSoph11515%
Tyler NeedhamJunior9212%
Ireland BrownGone628%
Dantae ChinSoph223%

I'm pretty sure I saw that our local kid (Township, not Atlantic City), true freshman John Stone, was in for some plays near the end of your season...

I think it was Taj White who replaced him for some plays when he got hurt in a game this season.
Taj White played some RT when Missouri has his issues. He held his own while he was in there until Sutton returned to the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM94goRU
I'm pretty sure I saw that our local kid (Township, not Atlantic City), true freshman John Stone, was in for some plays near the end of your season...
Backup center.
I don't think our starter...Gus Zilinskas.... missed much time this season.

Last edited:
I've always believed that if your oline is great you will win no matter who is behind center and Coach Flats has RU trending in that direction. I hope he doesn't get worn out by the recruiting grind and go back to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT