ADVERTISEMENT

2025 NBA Mock Draft

Looking at mock drafts from Bleacher report/ SB Nation, ESPN, and USA today from right after the NBA draft last year. These are the guys that appeared in the top five then and where they ended up this year. A wide range of how their draft status stuck over the year.

Ron Holland went 1 or 2 in all of them - ended up #5
Matas Buzelis went 1 or 2 in all of them - ended up #11
Justin Edwards went 1, 3, 5, and 7 in them - #10 on best available going into 2nd round
Isiah Collier went 5, 3, 4, 3 - ended up #29
Risacher went 4,4,3,4 - ended up # 1
DJ Wagner went 6,5,7,6 - had to stay in school
Izan Almansa went 18 and 5 - dropped out of draft, thought of as possible 2nd rounder

Looking at mock drafts from Bleacher report/ SB Nation, ESPN, and USA today from right after the NBA draft last year. These are the guys that appeared in the top five then and where they ended up this year. A wide range of how their draft status stuck over the year.

Ron Holland went 1 or 2 in all of them - ended up #5
Matas Buzelis went 1 or 2 in all of them - ended up #11
Justin Edwards went 1, 3, 5, and 7 in them - #10 on best available going into 2nd round
Isiah Collier went 5, 3, 4, 3 - ended up #29
Risacher went 4,4,3,4 - ended up # 1
DJ Wagner went 6,5,7,6 - had to stay in school
Izan Almansa went 18 and 5 - dropped out of draft, thought of as possible 2nd rounder
As the article states, this class has been known to be very weak for years. There were no stand out players and no real separation, and everyone is doing poorly because so many foreign players are being taken.

Reactions: NickRU714
As the article states, this class has been known to be very weak for years. There were no stand out players and no real separation, and everyone is doing poorly because so many foreign players are being taken.
Foreign players aren't going anywhere. Flagg is #1 right now, and I think he's a better college prospect than pro. There were guys saying Holland was still their #1 prospect after putting up #'s similar to Jalen Green in the g league, but he didn't go til 5. Collier had a year I'd love to see out of Harper and he still dropped from a year early projections. Lots of things will change over the year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Foreign players aren't going anywhere. Flagg is #1 right now, and I think he's a better college prospect than pro. There were guys saying Holland was still their #1 prospect after putting up #'s similar to Jalen Green in the g league, but he didn't go til 5. Collier had a year I'd love to see out of Harper and he still dropped from a year early projections. Lots of things will change over the year.
Foreign payers a aren’t going anywhere, but there is no Wemby or Doncic here, in a normal year this years crop of foreign players would be going far lower, but the US players are historically weak.

Foreign payers a aren’t going anywhere, but there is no Wemby or Doncic here, in a normal year this years crop of foreign players would be going far lower, but the US players are historically weak.
A Wemby or Doncic are going high no matter how good the US class is, and Wemby was a once a generation guy.

Even this year, I think it may have been Hollinger, who just yesterday had the kid who went #1 as his 13th best prospect in this draft. Different teams are looking for different things. There were mock drafts from yesterday that were off by more than 10 spots for multiple guys. We have no idea what foreign kids will put up decent numbers against adults in pro leagues next year to hop over kids than may be just OK in college. Also, would I be shocked to see a VJ Edgecome jump over guys. Nope. What happens if somehow the NBA drops the year of college requirement (not being being talked about, but I'm sure some lawsuit is just around the corner) Then AJ Dybantsa becomes my #1 next year. Things can change, no one is a sure thing.

Saw this on the Nets Reddit page.
Safe to say we are going to get a ton of local fan interest now that the Nets have their own pick back.

“I don’t to imagine a world where we walk away from this season without a Flagg, Bailey, or Harper.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT