ADVERTISEMENT

285 - Marcus Estevez, Franklin committed

2-seed this year if I’m not mistaken. Heavyweight bracket was completely busted with upsets. I think Estevez almost dropped the first match of the weekend. Definitely needed a body at heavy though.

Some Much needed depth. Hopefully with a few years in the room he can be A serviceable backup heavyweight for the first semester when Kyonte is still playing football. With Keyonte playing football he will likely not be ready for wrestling until Jan at the earliest. Hopefully we are going to bowls regularly again, but that would push back his wrestling date even more.

Some Much needed depth. Hopefully with a few years in the room he can be A serviceable backup heavyweight for the first semester when Kyonte is still playing football. With Keyonte playing football he will likely not be ready for wrestling until Jan at the earliest. Hopefully we are going to bowls regularly again, but that would push back his wrestling date even more.

Goodale speculated on Friday’s video chat the possibility of wrestling eventually not beginning until January in order to fit the season into one semester. Something about reducing costs for teams to run their programs. I’m not sure if he was referring to the 2020-21 season because of the coronavirus or if it could possibly be a permanent move.

Goodale speculated on Friday’s video chat the possibility of wrestling eventually not beginning until January in order to fit the season into one semester. Something about reducing costs for teams to run their programs. I’m not sure if he was referring to the 2020-21 season because of the coronavirus or if it could possibly be a permanent move.
That’s an interesting thought. As a wrestling fan I want more wrestling, but from a financial/planning standpoint it makes sense. It would be kinda cool to kick off the year with the Scuffle and Midlands.

This! Makes sense on so many levels for now with covid-19 and the future of wrestling. For example, the financial benefits alone PLUS student-athletes having only one full semester to deal with managing education with an active, ongoing sports season. Also, maybe it would alter the time frame for which college wrestling has to compete with HS finals & college basketball. IF the wrestling conference & NCAA championships were moved just a few weeks out instead of overlapping, like it did (would have) this year, that would be great for us dual sports fanatics. Win-win.

Go RU!
Diane

This! Makes sense on so many levels for now with covid-19 and the future of wrestling. For example, the financial benefits alone PLUS student-athletes having only one full semester to deal with managing education with an active, ongoing sports season. Also, maybe it would alter the time frame for which college wrestling has to compete with HS finals & college basketball. IF the wrestling conference & NCAA championships were moved just a few weeks out instead of overlapping, like it did (would have) this year, that would be great for us dual sports fanatics. Win-win.

Go RU!
Diane
As long as the tournaments are finished before May finals, I think it would be a great change.

He also said there are plans for a 32-team dual tournament after the conclusion of the individual tournament starting next season. Would be cool to see if they can keep the level of competition up transitioning from individual to team tournament.

Reactions: rondi and Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT