ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 4-star PG Dellquan Warren commits

BREAKING: Rutgers has landed its first commit of what could be a monster, program-changing 2024 class. Dellquan Warren, a four-star point guard out of Pennsylvania, announced his pledge to the Scarlet Knights on Facebook (!) on Friday night. He is in attendance at Jersey Mike's Arena for Rutgers' win over Coppin State.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2022/12/rutgers-lands-1st-commit-of-pivotal-2024-class.htmlD

Don't want to be a downer, as I'm so excited, but I am still hoping Schiano can do something like this with the portal and the next recruiting season.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
AnchoredContentBlackbear-size_restricted.gif
Thank you!!!!!

They need to figure out a way to do the interior in two separate off-season phases. Don’t have to worry about the exterior, that doesn’t mean a thing, but if they can do the interior in two separate off-season’s, so we don’t have to lose one there, then that’s how it has to be done in my humble opinion.
Couldn't agree more!

Interesting we are now recruiting shorter guards. Thought Pike would continue snatching bigger ones. Love the pickup though
He's got time to grow more as a junior, unless he stopped early. Lots of guys don't stop growing until they're older. Durant was 6' 3" as a freshman, 6' 8" as junior, 6' 9" as senior, and stopped at 6' 11". Maybe Warren adds another couple of inches.

Regardless, great news! Welcome aboard!

The most rutgers thing ever would be renovating the rac for the 2024-2025 season in fear of jersey ****ing mikes wanting their name off the building. **** em. Do not fvcking touch that place if it means losing a season
Guess you missed the 1975-1976 season. A good team can win anywhere . . . home, away or neutral.

Reactions: NBHPRU and Kbee3
Kyk, still think Pike should have been fired after last season but won't be fired until after 2024?

🤣🤣

It's time to fully admit you're wrong and get on the F'in Pike train!

Leave him out of this please …this is aboht mr Warren

You guys gonna love him …think Jacob young ….but you get to mold him early.

He is a great piece toward a potential bigger program goal

He was reported to for us to be leading on on3 top 100 list for five months , but stayed under the radar here

TJ Thompson get ….

I just was
Interesting we are now recruiting shorter guards. Thought Pike would continue snatching bigger ones. Love the pickup though
thinking this too. Pike has always loved bigger longer guards. Caleb 6’7 Paul 6’6 Geo 6’4 Montez 6’4. The last couple guard commits have been a bit smaller Simpson is 6’3 Miller is 6’2 Davis 6’2 Warren 6’1. Is it coincidence or has Pikes strategy changed?

Interesting thing about backcourt recruiting. We are going from one of tallest and longest back courts to shorter quicker guys.

Now: Mulcahy, McConnell, Spencer

Later: Simpson, Davis, Warren, Miller

Edit: Griffith is a perimeter player.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
I just was

thinking this too. Pike has always loved bigger longer guards. Caleb 6’7 Paul 6’6 Geo 6’4 Montez 6’4. The last couple guard commits have been a bit smaller Simpson is 6’3 Miller is 6’2 Davis 6’2 Warren 6’1. Is it coincidence or has Pikes strategy changed?
I think he has. He wants smaller quicker guard PG and length everywhere else.

Pike adjusts

He also is able to land higher quality recruits now

He's got time to grow more as a junior, unless he stopped early. Lots of guys don't stop growing until they're older. Durant was 6' 3" as a freshman, 6' 8" as junior, 6' 9" as senior, and stopped at 6' 11". Maybe Warren adds another couple of inches.

Regardless, great news! Welcome aboard!
Durant's growth spurt was quite unique.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
holy I love Steve Pikiell
and the players.... I think recruits can see what we see.. and more.. when we watch the team play like a team.. share the ball.. DOMINATE.. have fun. You want to be part of that.. and the weird thing is.. Pike's D demands discipline... it asks a lot of players. Speaks greatly for any recruit that wants to tackle those demands... and seeing the end product reaping benefits has to help a lot.

I wonder how many good coaches with a good plan failed because teh players didn't have the right.. um.. lockerroom culture that would support a demanding approach. This is Pike, his assistants AND the players.. and even the recruit and his family/influencers.

Congrats to them all!

ADVERTISEMENT