ADVERTISEMENT

4 star RB chooses Pitt over Spartans & Badgers

A ploy for him to get an extension after just one year, which thankfully worked! Probably eased the minds of some recruits too. Pitt's got their guy for the future.
Huhh,,,why would anyone pass on the number 1 spotlight media market to stay almost anywhere not UT,ND or Bama...maybe even a few bluebloods...if you make it here... you can make it anywhere.., its up to you NY,NY...datt dat datta dat...start spreading the news..

Huhh,,,why would anyone pass on the number 1 spotlight media market to stay almost anywhere not UT,ND or Bama...maybe even a few bluebloods...if you make it here... you can make it anywhere.., its up to you NY,NY...datt dat datta dat...start spreading the news..
So you're saying Rutgers is only behind a few schools in the country in terms of it being a coaching destination? What?

So you're saying Rutgers is only behind a few schools in the country in terms of it being a coaching destination? What?
boy are you quick.....yes potentially and exposure wise..... if Narduzzi can do what hes doing in provincial Pitt...you ask why....i ask why not...if you think i'm first....ever hear of Frank Sinatra..

Pitt has every bit the football tradition of Wisconsin or Michigan State - arguably more - but that sort of historical appeal doesn't always resonate with current kids. I'm sure most kids would usually just rather play football in the Big Ten than the ACC. I would. But sometimes you just get a feel about a place, whether it's because of the people or the surroundings - it's so subjective.

I think the B1G story is tOSU losing two primo running back recruits in a matter of two months.

And they have 2 primo recruits coming in. Antonio Williams and Demario McCall. Nothing to see here...

Panthergrowl13 said:
Over 8,000 tickets to date have been sold to Pitt fan going to the Military Bowl.

Pitt officials asked for additional ticket allotments.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Not-for-nothing but the game is 4-hours from campus.

[cheers]

Got to admit Pitt selling out their allotment surprises me.
41.gif

Glad to see Pitt sending fans to Annapolis, Md and with Navy being Pitt's opponent ,
all of Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium's seats should be filled

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Might want to pump the brakes a bit. They are currently ranked #41.

Well aren't you just a hypocrite? You sure haven't smacked down the talk on BWI of CJF being the best coach in the B1G. He is 4th best, at most, in his own division. We haven't seen what Ash and DJ are capable of yet.

We wont even get into the delusions of PSU being a bigger name, let alone program, than Michigan.

The fact you come to a conference board to talk down about other programs is priceless.

Nationally, I don't think the distinction in the quality of the Pitt and Rutgers HC jobs is as great as some of this board may think. WIth regard to recruits there are alot of facts and circumstances that go into a decision and for the short-term, it would certainly seem winning a conference championship is an easier sell at Pitt than here.

Reactions: SanFranRutgers
Serious question, does the average football or sports fan in the city of Pittsburgh & adjacent suburbs root for Pen State or Pitt?

I'm talking about people who did not attend either school.

So much Pitt talk lately. Am i trapped in a time warp or do people not realized we are no longer in the same conference?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Over 8,000 tickets to date have been sold to Pitt fan going to the Military Bowl.

Pitt officials asked for additional ticket allotments.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

That's great if all 8000 PITT fans are going to the game .
Or was there a push for Donations to Military families on tickets from the PITTAdministration ?
Don't get me wrong the concept is great...just curious how you will travel.

That's great if all 8000 PITT fans are going to the game .
Or was there a push for Donations to Military families on tickets from the PITTAdministration ?
Don't get me wrong the concept is great...just curious how you will travel.

No just fans requesting tickets to attend.

Of the 40 Bowl games played this year, USA Today rated the Military Bowl Pitt 8-4 against Navy 10-2 (CFP #21) as the #12 best Bowl for viewing. Additionally, the Washington Post rated the Military Bowl the #7 rated bowl for viewing from the 40 Bowls. Annapolis is a great town. If you have been there before you know. Since Pitt has played Navy many times in the past many Panther fans are familiar with Annapolis and maybe 5 hours from Pittsburgh.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Well aren't you just a hypocrite? You sure haven't smacked down the talk on BWI of CJF being the best coach in the B1G. He is 4th best, at most, in his own division. We haven't seen what Ash and DJ are capable of yet.

We wont even get into the delusions of PSU being a bigger name, let alone program, than Michigan.

The fact you come to a conference board to talk down about other programs is priceless.

First of all, you should know what you are talking about before you run your mouth.

I don't post on the Penn State free board. It's a cesspool. If you knew anything about me or my opinion on CJF, you would know I said prior to the season that the jury was still out on Franklin's ability to coach. I also said his best role would most likely be to be a CEO and surround himself with great Xs and Os guys since he clearly isn't one. There are 100 posters or more on here who could vouch for that. I've called him exactly what he is - a glad hander, good publicity guy and a very good recruiter.

I've never said PSU was a bigger name or program than Michigan so you missed on that one as well.

If you don't have a clue what you are talking about, probably best for you to just shut your mouth instead of opening it and coming across as completely ignorant.

Serious question, does the average football or sports fan in the city of Pittsburgh & adjacent suburbs root for Pen State or Pitt?

I'm talking about people who did not attend either school.

The vast majority root for Pitt... Penn State isn't looked at as a "local" team in Pittsburgh and surrounding suburbs.

Are these the same two PSU Mich guys that got into a battle a few months ago? On a Rutgers board

boy are you quick.....yes potentially and exposure wise..... if Narduzzi can do what hes doing in provincial Pitt...you ask why....i ask why not...if you think i'm first....ever hear of Frank Sinatra..

You're on a whole new level of insanity...[eyeroll]

Insane is thinking that sPitt will stay a better program than Rutgers and sPit supporters spending as much time trolling this board as they are doing now.
Feel lucky sPit fools that this board doesn't ban your mental midget butts for your idiotic delusions of grandeur. [laughing]

Reactions: NickyNewark51
why...you came here and responded to me...who's insane...i'm not insane enough to visit and expect a welcome from your board...or do you even have one,,,,thanks for you're nutty input..''if you think the 80s make you special today''....BTW...i loved Hugh Green,.....those were the days..huh.. the nerve of these clowns
... .where'd those halycon days gone when we passed you....lol

Insane is thinking that sPitt will stay a better program than Rutgers and sPit supporters spending as much time trolling this board as they are doing now.
Feel lucky sPit fools that this board doesn't ban your mental midget butts for your idiotic delusions of grandeur. [laughing]
You've been to like 5 bowls in 150 years of playing football.

Rutgers had about 8 good years in a century and a half. If it was such a prime location and plum job, how come it has never won much of anything in its entire history?

Rutgers had about 8 good years in a century and a half. If it was such a prime location and plum job, how come it has never won much of anything in its entire history?
Are you serious....check out our history and come back...we've had like 12 yrs of bad history out of 150 ''Shea'' era....Graber wasn't bad....you should have said mediocre and i wouldn't disagree....we've been to 9 bowls recently...even turned down a bowl in the 70s..maybe cause were a college with a football team rather than a football team attached to a college is the answer to your last statement...

Last edited:

Football for years wasn't a priority and when RU decided to go big time the program wasn't funded like it should have been.
Rutgers as a major football program history starts in 2001 because that's when RU started to fund its FB program properly.
Pitt has been an OK program since Johnny Majors left the first time, but nothing like the sPit fans try to claim it is and if it was such a great program bragginbg about slling 8,000 seats to a bowl game would not be happening.
It would be something complained about because not enough sPit fans care to go to a bowl 4 hoursway from the school.
Pit as a traditional power is finished, RU is about to build what sPit fans think they once had.
The sleeping giant is about to awake, sPit will stay napping ,
Used to be is sPit's war cry [roll]

I've always found it interesting even from our own fans that not many really know our football history. But anyway...

i've always found Pitt fans on message boards are very strange and aggressive as soon as they win a little.
The good news for them is that they have a coach going on his 2nd year. The bad news is he may not be there a 3rd and if he is, it will be because they had a bad to average year at best.
He tested the waters this year. Was he just doing it to get a raise? Possible and it worked. Or was he seriously looking? I wonder if we offered him what Pitt countered with, would it have become more serious with him? But if he gets 10 wins next year, he knows the market and he is going to be very tempted to leave.

Just an update on an earlier post I made on this OP.

Winfree did committ to Pitt yesterday.

I believe Pitt moved up to #36 on Rivals rankings so far and Pitt is in the running for a number of Top rated Western Pa recruits yet to announce.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I think the B1G story is tOSU losing two primo running back recruits in a matter of two months.
Meh. One wanted to play defense and Ohio State didn't want him on defense. One guy announced an official visit to Ohio State's biggest rival on Oct. 9th, and Ohio State contacted another RB on Oct. 10th. If Walker had committed fully to Ohio State, he'd still have a spot. But he didn't so Ohio State replaced him with the #5 RB in the country.
Frank Sinatra was a football coach?

Pitt is ahead of us in recruiting at the moment because they had the foresight to get rid of their poor coaches, where as we held on to ours for too long and are reaping what we've sown. On the bright side, I'm confident Ash can have this type of success in his first year here, and am looking forward to watching him hit the trail for 2017.
LOL. You do realize that they last coach they willingly got rid of was Wannstadt - who was also the last one to have any real success there right. You should probably stop posting right now. Just save yourself the trouble.

Gotta say first off I am no insider guru or anything close to it, but at this point in time in both of our programs you have to be insane if you believe a Head Coach from Pitt would go to Rutgers or a Head Coach from Rutgers would go to Pitt. You guys put way to much emphasis on being in the Big.

Meh. One wanted to play defense and Ohio State didn't want him on defense. One guy announced an official visit to Ohio State's biggest rival on Oct. 9th, and Ohio State contacted another RB on Oct. 10th. If Walker had committed fully to Ohio State, he'd still have a spot. But he didn't so Ohio State replaced him with the #5 RB in the country.

Frank Sinatra was a football coach?
No just a guy from Hoboken who said if you could make it here you could make it anywhere its up to us NY,NY..I'm pretty sure that skinny little guy understood success.....some of these guys don't realize the juice and moxy it takes to succeed in this media market and what it could do for you if it don't break you.....gimme a HC that's not afraid of the bright lights but embraces it....we ain't in Kansas anymore Todo..lol...

Last edited:
Gotta say first off I am no insider guru or anything close to it, but at this point in time in both of our programs you have to be insane if you believe a Head Coach from Pitt would go to Rutgers or a Head Coach from Rutgers would go to Pitt. You guys put way to much emphasis on being in the Big.
Not so much the B1G as our location...we need to take advantage of ALL our advantages..

Just an update on an earlier post I made on this OP.

Winfree did committ to Pitt yesterday.

I believe Pitt moved up to #36 on Rivals rankings so far and Pitt is in the running for a number of Top rated Western Pa recruits yet to announce.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Geez Panther..thanks for tipping us off on the latest....i woulda never guessed...keep me informed...lol..jk.

No just a guy from Hoboken who said if you could make it here you could make it anywhere its up to us NY,NY..I'm pretty sure that skinny little guy understood success.....some of these guys don't realize the juice and moxy it takes to succeed in this media market and what it could do for you if it don't break you.....gimme a HC that's not afraid of the bright lights but embraces it....we ain't in Kansas anymore Todo..lol...
In show business he may be right. Even more so back in his day. In football, today...not so much. Otherwise Eli and his two Super Bowl rings would be the first person you think of when someone says "Manning". Instead you can't go a commercial break during a football game without seeing Peyton at least twice.

And the guys in Columbus, Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Ann Arbor, Norman, Tallahassee, or Baton Rouge aren't finding it difficult to get air time. NYC is just not a draw for coaches.

LOL. You do realize that they last coach they willingly got rid of was Wannstadt - who was also the last one to have any real success there right. You should probably stop posting right now. Just save yourself the trouble.

Yep, had a brain fart when posting, which several people already pointed out. I'm big enough to admit that, and to not be abrasive to other posters in doing so. I'll be sure to run my posts by you in the future though. You must feel so proud of yourself this morning; thanks for helping keep the community so nice and welcoming. Small wonder there's so much discord on this board when any little thing goes wrong.

In show business he may be right. Even more so back in his day. In football, today...not so much. Otherwise Eli and his two Super Bowl rings would be the first person you think of when someone says "Manning". Instead you can't go a commercial break during a football game without seeing Peyton at least twice.

And the guys in Columbus, Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Ann Arbor, Norman, Tallahassee, or Baton Rouge aren't finding it difficult to get air time. NYC is just not a draw for coaches.
Maybe so...but if you or your wife want to see a Broadway play or go to a great museum or eatery i wouldn't think Tuscaloosa or Norman.....Eli's Eli....not a colorful character but he did discourage SD from signing him so he could come here instead of playing in the best weather most beautiful city in the country...I KNOW....I lived there...LaJolla is amazing...Like most of us you don't seem to appreciate what you have or had...my Dad was from the beautiful Canadian Maratimes ... Prince Edward Island and he loved it but here's where great opportunity lies and ASAP he came back here....what good being a millionaire or star in the middle of nowhere...for those who can deal with it.....lightweights...meh..

Yep, had a brain fart when posting, which several people already pointed out. I'm big enough to admit that, and to not be abrasive to other posters in doing so. I'll be sure to run my posts by you in the future though. You must feel so proud of yourself this morning; thanks for helping keep the community so nice and welcoming. Small wonder there's so much discord on this board when any little thing goes wrong.
nice..

Not so much the B1G as our location...we need to take advantage of ALL our advantages..
Honestly I think your location hurts you, In the past four years I spent alot time in the NYC/NJ area and every time I came home I told my wife I have no idea how anybody could live there. Think where most of the big name football coaches come from I am pretty sure they are not from major metropolitan areas like NYC. Trust me as an outsider from the suburbs NYC/NJ can become overwhelming quickly.

Honestly I think your location hurts you, In the past four years I spent alot time in the NYC/NJ area and every time I came home I told my wife I have no idea how anybody could live there. Think where most of the big name football coaches come from I am pretty sure they are not from major metropolitan areas like NYC. Trust me as an outsider from the suburbs NYC/NJ can become overwhelming quickly.
I know exactly what you mean....my point being its not for everybody...but for some...its just who we want/need.It can be intimidating and even myself had to get used to esp NYC....Believe me growing up in North Newark and greater Newark ''Belleville'' its much safer in Manhatten...things have changed for the better even in Harlem and Hoboken NJ once downtrodden has become chic....I hung out and lived in ''old'' Hells Kitchen when it was like the wild west..now even the name is called ''Clinton''..Old 42nd street to the average Joe was scary..no more..

A lot of Scarletnation posters, including myself, have grown up in the NY metropolitan area, and are fine with the fast-paced and demanding life (or bitch endlessly about it). It's obviously not for everyone, across the spectrum from construction to sales to medicine to college football coaches. But if one perseveres and succeeds here at their chosen task, the acclaim and rewards will be greater than most other places in the world, let alone this country. The college football world received a small taste of this with Rutgers' success in 2006.

And if this area was too stressful and undesirable, then tens of millions of people wouldn't live here, not to mention the many millions who travel here for business, pleasure, opportunity, and the like. I'm actually glad that the demands of living here limit the population to the very large number that it already is; traffic is already bad enough. Call it Jersey Strong, being a New Yorker, etc..

Reactions: BLewis1968
A lot of Scarletnation posters, including myself, have grown up in the NY metropolitan area, and are fine with the fast-paced and demanding life (or bitch endlessly about it). It's obviously not for everyone, across the spectrum from construction to sales to medicine to college football coaches. But if one perseveres and succeeds here at their chosen task, the acclaim and rewards will be greater than most other places in the world, let alone this country. The college football world received a small taste of this with Rutgers' success in 2006.

And if this area was too stressful and undesirable, then tens of millions of people wouldn't live here, not to mention the many millions who travel here for business, pleasure, opportunity, and the like. I'm actually glad that the demands of living here limit the population to the very large number that it already is; traffic is already bad enough. Call it Jersey Strong, being a New Yorker, etc..
Well said...and as far as HC's from our area..just off the top of my head we DO produce them to the country.....Lombardi/Paterno are from the area and brought fame to the smaller regions.....how many are transplanted..who knows but i'm sure there's plenty more we never even suspected..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT