Here is what I predict for the final 7 games:

At Illinois L
Home vs Nebraska W
At Wisconsin L
Home vs Michigan W
At PSU W
At Minnesota W
Home vs NW W

We finish 5-2 which gives us a regular season record of 21-10/13-7 in B1G play and we end up with the 2 or 3 seed in the B1G Tourney.

In standings and schedule before our game for perspective,

@ Illinois(7-5)
Vs Nebraska(4-9), @Mich, vs Wisc
@ Wisconsin(5-7), @ PSU, @ Neb, vs Mich
Vs Michigan(7-5), vs Neb, vs Ind, @ Wisc, vs Mich St
@ Penn St(5-7), vs Wisc, @ Md, vs Ill, @ Minn, @ OSU
@ Minnesota(1-11), Vs Iowa, @ MSU, vs PSU, @ Md, vs Neb, @ Ill(Cvd)?
Vs NW(7-5), @ OSU, vs Pur, vs Ind, vs Iowa, @ Ill, @ Md, vs PSU

We have 3 of the bottom 5 on the road of our 4 Road games and will be favored in the 3 remaining home games. 5-2 is very attainable with this schedule, 3-0 home and 2-2 road, as it falls out.

At Illinois L
Home vs Nebraska W
At Wisconsin L
Home vs Michigan W
At PSU W
At Minnesota W
Home vs NW W

We finish 5-2 which gives us a regular season record of 21-10/13-7 in B1G play and we end up with the 2 or 3 seed in the B1G Tourney.
Wisconsin struggles offensively. I think we win there and loose at PSU.

Put it this way. We are in very good shape but have to take care of business. If we somehow win at State Farm this weekend, we are in reallllly good shape.

All that said, missing Mag is a big question mark and we will have to find an answer, this is a new team now

I’d love for us to go 4-3 and end up 20-11 prior to big 10 tourney

I’d feel much more confident going 4-3 with Mag playing but it’s still feasible.

Games we have to win are home games vs Nebraska / Michigan and Northwestern and road game at Minnesota. Bit leery on Michigan now given it seems they have hit their stride.

The road games at Penn State and at Wisconsin are possibilities to sneak away with a win and thus hopefully we snag at least 1 of these games as well to maybe go 5-2 over this stretch.

Needless to say , we can expect drama over the last 7 games and hopefully 4-5 more wins at a minimum!

I’d love for us to go 4-3 and end up 20-11 prior to big 10 tourney

I’d feel much more confident going 4-3 with Mag playing but it’s still feasible.

Games we have to win are home games vs Nebraska / Michigan and Northwestern and road game at Minnesota. Bit leery on Michigan now given it seems they have hit their stride.

The road games at Penn State and at Wisconsin are possibilities to sneak away with a win and thus hopefully we snag at least 1 of these games as well to maybe go 5-2 over this stretch.

Needless to say , we can expect drama over the last 7 games and hopefully 4-5 more wins at a minimum!
Re: Michigan

- crushed by PSU
- beat NW (2nd time; bad matchup)
- beat OSU (free-falling)

Next 5
Neb
@IU
Wisc
MSU
@ RU

… I wouldn’t say they’ve “hit their stride” but let’s see what happens the next few games.

OSU looked good against Michigan and Michigan beat them up. Beat a good NW 2x. I think they are turning it on too.
Could they be the UCLA, Iowa or UNC of past two years?

I expect Illinois to be a loss, that will put RU at 8-6

I think road game at Minny and Nebby home are must wins as is Northwestern at home. I see us getting all 3

then we need to take 2 of 3 vs Michigan, at PSU. at Wisconsin

thats how you get to 13-7

its not the end of the world if we lose 2 of 3 vs Mich/PSU/Wisc. I do think Michigan will be tough. I think we definitely lose one of those road games and I am worried about Michigan

I dont see how RU finishes worse than 11-9

I expect Illinois to be a loss, that will put RU at 8-6

I think road game at Minny and Nebby home are must wins as is Northwestern at home. I see us getting all 3

then we need to take 2 of 3 vs Michigan, at PSU. at Wisconsin

thats how you get to 13-7

its not the end of the world if we lose 2 of 3 vs Mich/PSU/Wisc. I do think Michigan will be tough. I think we definitely lose one of those road games and I am worried about Michigan

I dont see how RU finishes worse than 11-9
What kind of seed is RU looking at if we finish 11-9?

will not occur in a vacuum so lots of variables.

say RU beat Nebby, at Minny, NW...we still add a Q2 win

lose at PSU, at Wisky (who probably move into a Q1 road games), at Illinois, Michigan (who probably move to Q2)

That would leave RU at 4-8 in Q1 and 5-3 in Q2 puts us at 9-11 in Q1/2. I would say in this case we probably look headed for the 8/9 game...think 9 seed and it could drop to 10.

the 10-10 scenerio is where you get down to the 11 line and seriously worrying about the bubble

at 12-8 we are probably in that 7 range, could slip to 8 with a Big Ten tourney loss and other Big Ten schools like michigan state or Maryland finishing strong

13-7 and RU is no worse than 6 and possibly 5

14-6 and RU is likely a 5

Getting to a 4 is going to be tough but it would depend on a very strong Big 10 tourney run

I'm pretty sure we beat Minny and Nebby, after that who knows. Could easily lose any of them.

Other than IL, that on paper, looks highly favorable for us. They all tough now tho, especially with Mawot out.

well since caleb stinks, paul stinks, and cliff stinks I don't see how we win another game. Can we enjoy the ride?

At Illinois L
Home vs Nebraska W
At Wisconsin L
Home vs Michigan W
At PSU W
At Minnesota W
Home vs NW W

Only 2-5 on the road. The four road games will be the true test.

More leery of PSU away than Wisconsin.
Will we get Minnesota when there best player is back?
I agree that PSU will be very tough. Thinking about the matchups, McConnell will now have to guard Lundy. That means someone else has to guard Pickett’s post ups.

I agree that PSU will be very tough. Thinking about the matchups, McConnell will now have to guard Lundy. That means someone else has to guard Pickett’s post ups.
Caleb will guard Pickett still. Why would he not?

And someone else can guard Pickett?

Put Hyatt or anyone else on Lundy. Pickett is the key to stopping PSU and Caleb will guard him
Caleb will be on Pickett again, he is the biggest threat on their roster. We just have to do the best we can on the other shooters without Mag. I thought we had Mag on Funk for the most part in round one to totally take him out of his normal routine.

Saturday is a swing game …get a dub, 9-5….makes 13-7 a lot more possible with 3 RAC games and at Minnesota

With the thought of more ….

Reactions: RU MAN
I see us 3-4 or 4-3 rest of the 19-12 or 20 -11 ( plus the osu apology letter lol) That gets us in. Not worried about seeding.

I would sign right now on the dotted line for any 4 victories including the B1G.

I am in total meltdown mode right with respect to my expectations. I went for hoping for a national title to just wanting to make the NCAAs.

It is crazy how good/important Eugene, Myles and Mag became in our program.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
Put it this way. We are in very good shape but have to take care of business. If we somehow win at State Farm this weekend, we are in reallllly good shape.

All that said, missing Mag is a big question mark and we will have to find an answer, this is a new team now
That would be huge.

I would sign right now on the dotted line for any 4 victories including the B1G.

I am in total meltdown mode right with respect to my expectations. I went for hoping for a national title to just wanting to make the NCAAs.

It is crazy how good/important Eugene, Myles and Mag became in our program.

Deep breaths

Pike is a really good coach. We came within a mishandled layup and front end one and one of beating a NCAA 4 seed on their home court in the midst of their best stretch of the season

Reactions: RUPete and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT