ADVERTISEMENT

7 Games Remaining

Schedule is not as easy as most people care to admit. Expectation is to take care of business but a slip up is more possible than would like it to be.

2 gimmes and a bunch with higher loss probability than comforting.

Watching Michigan and Nebraska we beat both of these teams

Schedule is not as easy as most people care to admit. Expectation is to take care of business but a slip up is more possible than would like it to be.

2 gimmes and a bunch with higher loss probability than comforting.
Yea but we don't have to win them all. The highest probably is winning most of them

We really just need to take care of business at home and beat the last place team on the road

Would like to see us :
1. With double bye
2. Opposite bracket to Purdue
3. Iowa to be in Purdue bracket
4. They will be the 2 most difficult to beat, so it would be great to only have to face one of them in tournament championship.
5. So assuming Purdue is champion and RU and Indiana are 2 and 3 or 3 and 2, that gives us the best setup. I think we can beat Indiana next time.

Reactions: Scangg
Would like to see us :
1. With double bye
2. Opposite bracket to Purdue
3. Iowa to be in Purdue bracket
4. They will be the 2 most difficult to beat, so it would be great to only have to face one of them in tournament championship.
5. So assuming Purdue is champion and RU and Indiana are 2 and 3 or 3 and 2, that gives us the best setup. I think we can beat Indiana next time.
Agreed. Purdue and Iowa I'd like to avoid most

Nebraska Road 2-9, Ws Creighton, Minn
Michigan Road 2-4, Ws Minn, NW
NW Road 5-2, Ws G'Town, MSU, Ind, Neb, Wisc

@ Ill Home 11-2
@ Wisc Home 7-4
@ Penn St Home 11-3
@ Minn Home 5-8

The worst I see is 3-4, most likely 4-3, but 5-2 or 6-1 is doable given those records as of today.

Reactions: goru7 and BillyC80
I expect Illinois to be a loss, that will put RU at 8-6

I think road game at Minny and Nebby home are must wins as is Northwestern at home. I see us getting all 3

then we need to take 2 of 3 vs Michigan, at PSU. at Wisconsin

thats how you get to 13-7

its not the end of the world if we lose 2 of 3 vs Mich/PSU/Wisc. I do think Michigan will be tough. I think we definitely lose one of those road games and I am worried about Michigan

I dont see how RU finishes worse than 11-9
Agree with all of this. Before the Mag injury, I was thinking we'd finish with 13 or 14 B1G wins, but now I'm thinking 12 or 13 with 11 as the worst case, assuming wins over NE, MN and one of MI/NW - still easily in the tourney with 11 wins and our NET and good road wins, IMO, but I'd really love to get 13 wins and have that 5 seed in reach.

Reactions: thegock and Scangg
Watching Michigan and Nebraska we beat both of these teams
Michigan has better shooters than Rutgers but they are mediocre on the road.Both games are must wins for Rutgers if they want to achieve a top four seed in the B1G Ten Tournament.

Reactions: socaldave
I’m hoping for a 5-2 finish (13-7), but I suppose would sign up for 4-3 (12-8).
Looking at Iowa’s remaining B1G schedule sets them up for a 12 and 8 finish (even with a loss tonight v. Purdue) and 13-7 is possible for them. And they have the tiebreaker head to head with us. Hopefully, we can finish top 4.

Last edited:
I think we get Ws against Minnesota, Nebraska, PSU, and NW, finishing 12-8. I could not care less about the Big Ten Tournament or where we are seeded. If we get the double bye, great, fine, but all I care about is getting above the 8/9 line in the tournament. Anything from 4-7 I'll be content.

Or even oddly in the Big Dance it’s better to be the 10 seed IMHO.

I think we get Ws against Minnesota, Nebraska, PSU, and NW, finishing 12-8. I could not care less about the Big Ten Tournament or where we are seeded. If we get the double bye, great, fine, but all I care about is getting above the 8/9 line in the tournament. Anything from 4-7 I'll be content.
It's crazy how unanimous it is across all of college basketball fandom that it's best to avoid the 8/9 line ... I've never met a fan who'd happily "move up" to an 8/9 from a 10/11. As college basketball has added more and more parity each year, I think it has become even more important to avoid the 1-seed. In a year like this, a 3-seed could lose to literally anybody, haha.

Reactions: fatsam98
It's crazy how unanimous it is across all of college basketball fandom that it's best to avoid the 8/9 line ... I've never met a fan who'd happily "move up" to an 8/9 from a 10/11. As college basketball has added more and more parity each year, I think it has become even more important to avoid the 1-seed. In a year like this, a 3-seed could lose to literally anybody, haha.

Yup, once you get the past the 1 seeds, the teams are not all that intimidating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT