ADVERTISEMENT

A humorous reminder to not lose sleep over recruiting rankings

Maybe now people here will stop saying that Rivals is the recruiting service we should use and not 247

Reactions: RedSpartan
Didn't like his tape. Plays too high with little leverage. However has good feet and seems to have a mean streak. A little bit of a project, but our strength and conditioning program should make him a solid contributer in a couple of years.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Didn't like his tape. Plays too high with little leverage. However has good feet and seems to have a mean streak. A little bit of a project, but our strength and conditioning program should make him a solid contributer in a couple of years.
I'm a little concerned that his relationship with his girlfriend might interfere with his ability to grow as a player.

Reactions: RutgersRockies
Any relation to Blake Carrington? If so maybe we'll get a donation.

Maybe now people here will stop saying that Rivals is the recruiting service we should use and not 247

Honestly both of them seem about the same. I haven’t been impressed with one over the other.

Joe P.

That famous war hero from the Korean Conflict? What a proud heritage!
Yes! Just by random circumstance I saw the episode a couple days ago. What a great episode and example of how things get distorted and construed to be “true.”

sooooooo… real players get downgraded when they commit to us and fake players get upgraded!!!! Awesome!!!

Yes! Just by random circumstance I saw the episode a couple days ago. What a great episode and example of how things get distorted and construed to be “true.”
Well there's a little bit of Tuttle in all of us.

pwHEuA3.jpg

Reactions: cicero grimes
Saw this - loved this. Didn't a recruit (Texas Tech I think) do something similar a couple of years back faking he was a HS linebacker and got a scholarship? These recruiting services are monster shills for the top schools, hyping up commits and draft classes.

My daughter was a college recruit a couple of years ago and I got firsthand exposure to how screwed up the process is.

Reactions: cicero grimes
You just gave ash and Hobbs an idea: sign this fictional kid to a scholarship so our recruiting class looks better . Hobbs has something to tweet about to justify the extension and season ticket sales!

Also high 3 stars get the Bama bump to 4 stars just off the brand.

COnversely, 4 stars get downgraded if they pick a non- blue blood.

Total sham.

All they needed to do to make him totally believable would have been to commit to Rutgers and then decommit following a better fake offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT