ADVERTISEMENT

A Pat Hobbs sold out game

Attendance was fine - And the crowd would have stayed longer if we played well. Like it or not but his is a tough area. Just ask the Mets who did not sell out the final wildcard game.
So much competition for the entertainment dollar.

As for Mr. Seton Hall - Take down those curtains!!!!!!

Incorrect. Not every ticket was sold.

actually, Rutgers gets to call it a sell out when THEY sell/give away every ticket. The fact that scalpers &/or others purchased the tickets to re-sell on the secondary market, or purchased tickets that they couldn't use then tried re-selling on the secondary market, does not mean Rutgers didn't have a sell out. People selling on Stub Hub or anywhere else is private sales.

Now, was it an attendance-out? Hardly. It was less than the Iowa game but certainly more than the Wagner game or any home games last year

"sell out" is not "number of people who attended"

A sell out is not the same as filling the seats. Not too many schools report admission numbers versus reporting sales. Didn't read the article, but it sounds like it was a hatchet job about something most schools that don't pack a butt into every seat do.

Yeah I mean sold out doesn't mean all seats are occupied during kick off. It means all the tickets are sold by Rutgers whether to fans or the secondary market.

Reactions: biker7766
no, those would be the fans who sold to Nebraska fans and the upcoming games with UM and TSFP.

My preferred use of the terms is when used to define the defense and 3rd down.

At first I thought the lower bowl of the visitor's side was just a bunch of Rutgers fans that didn't get the wear black to the game message. Then when Nebraska started winning and I could hear them yelling from across the field I realized that almost the entire visitor section got sold by Rutger's fans

Outkick is led by deranged moron Clay Travis who has a hardon for Rutgers.

Clay pushed for Pruitt over Schiano, made up crap about GS, and then Pruitt sucked.

So he has his outlet lie about us (among other things) to get off.

What exactly is a lie in the article?

Courtesy of our proud Seton Hall Pirate fan poster.

Yer on to something Sport.

Hobbs should bus SHU students, along with WPU, Montclair St, Rider, etc to games to fill the upper deck.

All NJ colleges that don’t have D-1 Football teams.

Then he can announce a sellout without large swaths of empty seats , suspicion , scorn and ridicule.

Hobbs should bus SHU students, along with WPU, Montclair St, Rider, etc to games to fill the upper deck.

Then he can announce a sellout without large swaths of empty seats , suspicion , scorn and ridicule.
Pretty sure RU gave away a lot of tickets for the game. Part of how they sold out of all the tickets.

But giving away tickets (and even providing busing) isn't what will fill the stadium (RU should still do it, though). Just not gonna be a ton of students from other schools dying to go to RU games, free bus ride, free ticket, or not.

Winning, ideally with an exciting to watch O and D, is how RU can fill the stadium. And not much else, if anything, will do it.

Pretty sure RU gave away a lot of tickets for the game. Part of how they sold out of all the tickets.

But giving away tickets (and even providing busing) isn't what will fill the stadium (RU should still do it, though). Just not gonna be a ton of students from other schools dying to go to RU games, free bus ride, free ticket, or not.

Winning, ideally with an exciting to watch O and D, is how RU can fill the stadium. And not much else, if anything, will do it.

Yep. Winning is the key.

Worrying about attendance is Big Least level thinking. We need to upgrade portions of our fanbase.

actually, Rutgers gets to call it a sell out when THEY sell/give away every ticket. The fact that scalpers &/or others purchased the tickets to re-sell on the secondary market, or purchased tickets that they couldn't use then tried re-selling on the secondary market, does not mean Rutgers didn't have a sell out. People selling on Stub Hub or anywhere else is private sales.

Now, was it an attendance-out? Hardly. It was less than the Iowa game but certainly more than the Wagner game or any home games last year

"sell out" is not "number of people who attended"
I was speaking to his use of the word "sold".
As you know Rutgers is very generous with free tickets to groups.
Any announced attendance at any event, any sport these days is purely fantasy.

I was speaking to his use of the word "sold".
As you know Rutgers is very generous with free tickets to groups.
Any announced attendance at any event, any sport these days is purely fantasy.
Nothing wrong with free tickets to groups, especially kids. Only thing is it would be good to win once in a while to create new, young fans.

At first I thought the lower bowl of the visitor's side was just a bunch of Rutgers fans that didn't get the wear black to the game message. Then when Nebraska started winning and I could hear them yelling from across the field I realized that almost the entire visitor section got sold by Rutger's fans
Yes and some knucklehead on this Board kept saying Nebraska was only bringing 3,000 -4000 fans.
Yeah Right !

Nice try. The only suspicion, scorn and ridicule is your anti-RU narrative and poor attempt at such.

Nice judicious use of photos -showing the pregame crowd of course. This is a great example of fake news bias. I was at the game, and while the upper deck was not full, the stadium was pretty packed AFTER the first quarter. I have the images to prove it - See photos below. A Friday night game understandably brings out a later arriving crowd. Also, the students get tickets in the upper deck and squeeze into the student section in the end zone, so that's why our upper deck sometimes looks like it has seats that are empty.

Despite what the Wisconsin alum who wrote the article said, all tickets were actually sold out from Rutgers inventory. The issue is that when people are given freebies, they don't always show up. The game was a sellout and you could not buy tickets from Rutgers the day of the game.

NF2qm7RzxGjFQTR6nEcHSBOVYQzs9wfLva2ugagXnpJPiVOkh-MbPOoyafTc6d8-pNkkaUWLGYDKYGSERZsTAhE8pwcPe6mvrki0H6qE255x5ZZUPCxK9IIec_80rgwWjg=w1280

kDE8GzjsDt3fQQdsSx0rpPVS581HWDg4ee4zMmLiOap2gzVYBntpA8InDmuaC8yWCBMsob9jd3DzavaUyT9D5NRwkfE2JbAmpn7q_FN1690mbYmnCSGNZAxb75McQHzLlQ=w1280

9jyQFWvDKkOcd2t4AVc2OBQUMjpTeaPrqw4tlLbB6nqzljlMkgMbE9WwYpIJnAMyWAdYWcz-NH66udv86sNUyAdZQM2DIwA8UYEYCNG-_ui-OLQcpfq1h3tFHVZxoa_rbw=w1280

Scarlet Jerry

We need a return of the Family Four Pak - 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas for a fixed price.

Too many Comp tickets result in mostly no shows.

Nice judicious use of photos -showing the pregame crowd of course. This is a great example of fake news bias. I was at the game, and while the upper deck was not full, the stadium was pretty packed AFTER the first quarter. I have the images to prove it - See photos below. A Friday night game understandably brings out a later arriving crowd. Also, the students get tickets in the upper deck and squeeze into the student section in the end zone, so that's why our upper deck sometimes looks like it has seats that are empty.

Despite what the Wisconsin alum who wrote the article said, all tickets were actually sold out from Rutgers inventory. The issue is that when people are given freebies, they don't always show up. The game was a sellout and you could not buy tickets from Rutgers the day of the game.

NF2qm7RzxGjFQTR6nEcHSBOVYQzs9wfLva2ugagXnpJPiVOkh-MbPOoyafTc6d8-pNkkaUWLGYDKYGSERZsTAhE8pwcPe6mvrki0H6qE255x5ZZUPCxK9IIec_80rgwWjg=w1280

kDE8GzjsDt3fQQdsSx0rpPVS581HWDg4ee4zMmLiOap2gzVYBntpA8InDmuaC8yWCBMsob9jd3DzavaUyT9D5NRwkfE2JbAmpn7q_FN1690mbYmnCSGNZAxb75McQHzLlQ=w1280

9jyQFWvDKkOcd2t4AVc2OBQUMjpTeaPrqw4tlLbB6nqzljlMkgMbE9WwYpIJnAMyWAdYWcz-NH66udv86sNUyAdZQM2DIwA8UYEYCNG-_ui-OLQcpfq1h3tFHVZxoa_rbw=w1280

Scarlet Jerry
Spot on, not to mention less-engaged fans who seem to hangout within the concourses and concessions. The sellouts are impressive considering the home losing streak. Once this gets turned around with just an average functioning offense, more fans will be in their seats early and until the end.

We need a return of the Family Four Pak - 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas for a fixed price.

Too many Comp tickets result in mostly no shows.
People won't come for free, but they'll come if we charge them for it and make it a great deal?

I'm not sure I'm understanding that logic.

there he is, big tough message board guy

i will make you cry like a little bitch

you in NJ? i will meet you anywhere. anytime. i'll find you eventually, trust me.
Make him cry like a little bitch? 🤣

Been watching those Avenger movies again? I'm hoping that is sarcasm or schtick. Otherwise, you might want to find a nice peaceful outlet for some of that excess testosterone.

Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT