ADVERTISEMENT

A Tale of Two Programs

Bleed_Scarlet

Senior
Dec 30, 2008
I know they are two different sports with two different sets of challenges, but..

Does anybody else find it amazing how Pikiell seems to be doing it all right with basketball and Ash seems to be going in the other direction?

I guess 1/2 hires aint bad?

Reactions: tico brown
haha

but even in recruiting Pike has landed some impact players that will allow him to recruit...Ash not so much..yes a few but not enough to make the waves. I cant believe that I am saying this but it will be easier and it will be a quicker progression for hoops than football

Sorry, I don't see it yet. Yeah, Pikiell has shown potential, but it's not as though he's achieved anything yet against a really soft schedule.

It's a little more difficult to turn over a 90 man roster than a 12 man roster. But from the beginning I thought Pikiell was a big time hire.

Basketball doesn't compare to football. A couple recruits can turn a BB team around in a season. You cant do that with football. Especially since Ash inherited a toxic waste site. Anyone who thought RU ball was going to make a big turn this year just doesn't know football very well. People also took last weeks first half too seriously. It was a mirage.

I'm saving my thoughts for later. It's clear that a lot of fans are still stuck in their pro team thinking when they want to fire a coach for 1 bad loss. It was bad but we're two games in and less than two years in. Most of these posts are overreactions.

Reactions: tychicus
In my opinion , the problem Ash. As others have said it takes so much longer to turn around a football program than basketball. The worst thing we could do is not give Ash enough time. I truly believe he can do it....

Basketball and football are completely different builds. It's pretty obvious Pike knows that he is doing though.

Marked and remembered.

I have been waiting for hoops since I was a student in 91 when they last made the NCAA, no other coach at RU has brought in the recruits and also has the coaching chops like Pikiell..some had one but not the other. He is doing it early too which is important, you only get a small window to recruit before it closes

Reactions: RUJMM78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT