ADVERTISEMENT

About time for another Exit 109 roll call...

I know a bunch of us here go way back to the Exit 109 days. Back when we were discussing OO, imagine if someone would have told us we would not hear our name called until 2021?
Crazy.

Dial up. Holy crap. Everything was so slow.

And thank you, Steve Pikiell!

Reactions: 17Q66
Lurked there a bit but was mainly on the nj.com college hoops board before it went to hell. There were actually good RU and SHU posters there as well as good recruiting info.

I moved to Georgia after graduating, that site was a lifeline for RU sports info.

Present. Exit109 was also the name of an ISP. I had an exit109 domain email address at one time.

I used to read Exit109 first thing in the morning when I was a student. I still remember seeing the post about Josh Moore coming to Rutgers in that white text on black background.
Ha! I remember that. Was the top center in the country allegedly.

Reactions: nitinm
was this the website before the mike and the big dog site? I remember going on that site for the first time around 2000 when I was a student at Rutgers.

was this the website before the mike and the big dog site? I remember going on that site for the first time around 2000 when I was a student at Rutgers.
I actually resided in Maryland back then. Leaping Lou got the first Exit 109 tailgate organized in the Yellow Lot, Richmond game to open the 1998 season.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how many of us are still around. I seems we all truly are fans.

I know a bunch of us here go way back to the Exit 109 days. Back when we were discussing OO, imagine if someone would have told us we would not hear our name called until 2021?
Crazy.

Yup. It's been a long haul. I now have a junior at RU who was just a twinkle in my eye at the time.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Not an Exit 109 alum but have been around since The Big Dog and the Mike Fasano days.

And I remember the rugtersfan.com tailgates in the Yellow Lot.

I used the screen name RU Ready to Rumble in those days. I had to truncate it somewhere along the line when transferring to one of the new boards. I would frequently post in the early years. Not so much anymore.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I was there too. Anyone remember the weekly (at least I think it was) paper "Rutgers Insider" newsletter? I think it was run by a Temple guy, last name Pastor. I re-upped for 2 years about a month before it went belly up.

Started as an Exit109 reader....man that black background was tough on the eyes. It was my lifeline to get some RU sports info in the late 90s when I was out in CA.

I was there - think remember predicting that Fred Gruninger would not be able to close the Tom Penders deal - didn't have to be a genius to predict that

I also miss the days of those detailed football practice reports by RingoesJim, back before GS shut them down.

Reactions: RUPete
I also miss the days of those detailed football practice reports by RingoesJim, back before GS shut them down.
And the guy from Las Vegas or Long Valley. Never knew which place he was from. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT