ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Network Viewing Information

That info (at the linked page) is a little misleading for Optimum cable subscribers. Or at least some of us.

For me, and presumably any other Optimum cable subscriber w/Optimum Premier TV, the ACC Network comes already bundled in, like the Big Ten Network is. ACC Network is on channel 248 in my area (Central NJ), B1G Network is 247. No need to pay for any added packages to get the game.

I've double-checked the schedule and the RU v VT game is listed on channel 248 for Saturday at 3:30.

Having said that, from time to time, the Optimum schedule has been incorrect with respect to which game is broadcast on which channel. So working out a backup plan just in case is always wise. I'll check ESPN or ESPN+ to see if they'll be broadcasting the game as well. It's not listed out that far at the moment, but I'll check tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: idunno271828
On my Spectrum I believe it is 384 or 385. Between 382 and 392 it's all conference sites: B1G 1, 2& 3, ACC 1&2 and SEC.

That info (at the linked page) is a little misleading for Optimum cable subscribers. Or at least some of us.

For me, and presumably any other Optimum cable subscriber w/Optimum Premier TV, the ACC Network comes already bundled in, like the Big Ten Network is. ACC Network is on channel 248 in my area (Central NJ), B1G Network is 247. No need to pay for any added packages to get the game.

I've double-checked the schedule and the RU v VT game is listed on channel 248 for Saturday at 3:30.

Having said that, from time to time, the Optimum schedule has been incorrect with respect to which game is broadcast on which channel. So working out a backup plan just in case is always wise. I'll check ESPN or ESPN+ to see if they'll be broadcasting the game as well. It's not listed out that far at the moment, but I'll check tomorrow.
Yep, 248 for us, and it's listed as on for us. However, after last game's fiasco, where the RU-Akron game wasn't actually on Optimum/Cablevision, despite showing it was on overflow channels, a small part of me will be nervous until the game comes on, especially since I'm down the shore and don't have my usual access (using YouTubeTV down here, which my wife just signed up for - seems to work for ACCN now - will likely only try it for a month, as I'm not fond of it so far). That fiasco didn't affect me, really, since I was at the game, but my DVR recording was of the PSU Game - how did you watch the Akron game?

Yep, 248 for us, and it's listed as on for us. However, after last game's fiasco, where the RU-Akron game wasn't actually on Optimum/Cablevision, despite showing it was on overflow channels, a small part of me will be nervous until the game comes on, especially since I'm down the shore and don't have my usual access (using YouTubeTV down here, which my wife just signed up for - seems to work for ACCN now - will likely only try it for a month, as I'm not fond of it so far). That fiasco didn't affect me, really, since I was at the game, but my DVR recording was of the PSU Game - how did you watch the Akron game?
The Akron game was on Optimum on channel 247 (Big Ten Network channel). Optimum's channel guide got it backwards. The guide said 247 was gonna be the PSU game. But it wasn't, it was the RU game (for us here in CNJ at least). And the PSU game was apparently on the channel the guide said the RU game would be on.

What a mess.

The Akron game was on Optimum on channel 247 (Big Ten Network channel). Optimum's channel guide got it backwards. The guide said 247 was gonna be the PSU game. But it wasn't, it was the RU game (for us here in CNJ at least). And the PSU game was apparently on the channel the guide said the RU game would be on.

What a mess.
Gotcha, thanks - at least it was on. I thought, based on other threads, that it simply wasn't on any B1G channels, which would've been a crime. Being the "home" team in CNJ, it damn well ought to be on the main BTN channel for us, 247. Made me tape the wrong game though, which is mildly annoying.

What a mess.

Both were on, either B1G 1 or B1G 2. I think, but am not sure, I got that game up here in Bergen on B1G 2 and PSU was on B1G 1.

Both were on, either B1G 1 or B1G 2. I think, but am not sure, I got that game up here in Bergen on B1G 2 and PSU was on B1G 1.
You are on Spectrum? Or Optimum?

Would be strange (to me) if Optimum had RU on B1G1 in CNJ, but on BIG2 in NNJ. Strange, but not surprising.

No ACC network in my xfinity/comcast package, this is frustrating, cannot record it,I will be sleeping after doing a night shift so cannot watch it. I was not expecting Rutgers to be competing for the time slot on B10 with Penn State in NJ.

Last edited:
No ACC network in my xfinity/comcast package, this is frustrating, I will be sleeping after doing a night shift so cannot record it. I was not expecting Rutgers to be competing for the time slot on B10 with Penn State in NJ.

I think that with respect to cable channels home team gets the nod, hence ACC network.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
No ACC network in my xfinity/comcast package, this is frustrating, I will be sleeping after doing a night shift so cannot record it. I was not expecting Rutgers to be competing for the time slot on B10 with Penn State in NJ.
You should get it. It's 1325 in HD.

Not sure if it is cool to post the actual link here, but just Google "thetvapp" and you'll get a good link to watch the game if you don't have the ACC Network.

I've used this site for UFC events and during the DirecTV Stream blackout of ESPN networks earlier this month. Have a cheap bare bones Chromebook that I just hook up to the TV.
Works pretty well.

ACCN broadcast is SO bad. The 2021 game at Syracuse was the worst of the bunch - unwatchable/listenable biased, garbage. I may go the radio route as well. 86 and sunny down here in North Florida tomorrow - I may bring Chris, JPO and Fooch to the beach with me.

C'mon bro. just sign up for a free trial of Sling or YouTubeTv and cancel after the game. Don't torture yourself with the radio broadcast.
We just did the YouTubeTV trial since we're on "vacation" (from retirement, lol) in OCNJ and they don't have ACCN. Works fine and will cancel when we're done, since I can't say I'm fond of YTTV so far.

Reactions: CerealNTacos
Also, I dont believe I see the game on the ESPN+ schedule ... before anyone subscribes for it through that.

Have Optimum here in Middlesex ACC but showing Conn at Duke tomorrow... I feel like this always happens?

If someone technical can record the game and send it to me (email?) I would appreciate it, I will then delete the recording.

Rutgers actually sent out a timely email this afternoon on how to watch, which was smart of them and a sign of the times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT