ADVERTISEMENT

Add News12NJ to the ****list

91sn32Q.jpg

Just Stop....... There is no way to spin the NCAA situation in a positive light. Take our lumps and accept it. You people are way too thin skinned for New Jerseyians

Because there are major things happening elsewhere. It's like giving the guy for murder a pass and prosecuting someone for stealing a candy bar.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
When we stop making ourselves such easy targets - naked free-throws, throwing basketballs at players, recruiting violations, coaches contacting professors, PR-disasters for ADs, Jersey Shore stars as commencement speakers, getting blown out by upwards of 70 points, and having very little athletic success in general - then we can start complaining about how the media portrays us.

When we stop making ourselves such easy targets - naked free-throws, throwing basketballs at players, recruiting violations, coaches contacting professors, PR-disasters for ADs, Jersey Shore stars as commencement speakers, getting blown out by upwards of 70 points, and having very little athletic success in general - then we can start complaining about how the media portrays us.
Leadership starts at the top..

Reactions: drewbagel423

Very fair points. It pretty much all stems from cheap hires. Pennywise and pound foolish.

Small correction: Snooki wasn't a commencement speaker but I generally agree with your point.

Boy if you were upset about that I'm so glad that you were listening to the college sports network on Sirius this morning when they crucified us.

Reactions: cicero grimes
The Kean U Women's BB team got a real death penalty a few years ago.
Miami skated on a technicality and so will UNC. Lesser programs get the hammer.

Just Stop....... There is no way to spin the NCAA situation in a positive light. Take our lumps and accept it. You people are way too thin skinned for New Jerseyians
No one is saying the story was wrong or shouldn't be told.. but relying on video from a game at Rutgers stadium and showing only the PSU highlights.. that is a CHOICE and an azzhole move by someone. And no other university in the land would have to deal with that level of jackassery by a channel claiming to serve its state.

No one is saying the story was wrong or shouldn't be told.. but relying on video from a game at Rutgers stadium and showing only the PSU highlights.. that is a CHOICE and an azzhole move by someone. And no other university in the land would have to deal with that level of jackassery by a channel claiming to serve its state.

What was happening in the video that you are so offended by? Was the whole video showing another team celebrating on the field? Highlight reel of our QB getting sacked? You ever consider that maybe its a good thing to show a BACKGROUND video of RU vs. PSU instead of Howard or an AAC powerhouse.

What was happening in the video that you are so offended by? Was the whole video showing another team celebrating on the field? Highlight reel of our QB getting sacked? You ever consider that maybe its a good thing to show a BACKGROUND video of RU vs. PSU instead of Howard or an AAC powerhouse.
Its piling on ans you know it. Every other program's local TV channel would have had file footage of the stadium or practice fields or campus or HIGHLIGHTS from their games. News12 chose to go with a LOWLIGHT REEL that highlighted recruiting -rival PSU. If you cannot see what's wrong with that, there is something wrong with you. No other program in the land would have to put up with that crap from the local TV station.

Its piling on ans you know it. Every other program's local TV channel would have had file footage of the stadium or practice fields or campus or HIGHLIGHTS from their games. News12 chose to go with a LOWLIGHT REEL that highlighted recruiting -rival PSU. If you cannot see what's wrong with that, there is something wrong with you. No other program in the land would have to put up with that crap from the local TV station.

What is the lowlight that you are referring to? The fact we played a game against PSU? Did they show the final score or something? These conspiracy theories are getting ridiculous.

We're a pretty long ways away from being recruiting-rival with PSU, OSU, or Michigan. Now if it was our recruiting rival Sarah or Fredo that would be bad

Boy if you were upset about that I'm so glad that you were listening to the college sports network on Sirius this morning when they crucified us.

Was Kyle Flood the Sirius football color guy on during that segment?

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletDave
Lmao at this paranoid thinking by the OP
You did not see it. Your opinion as to what is paranoid is irrelevant.

Here's a link.. judge for yourself

They chose 2015 highlights from a game we lost.. we beat Indiana and Kansas at home that year. They could have chose either of those games highlights. At least they chose a year where violations under Flood probably occurred. Someone chose what "Rutgers football" video should go in their go-to clip montage for Rutgers football stories. Whoever that was chose Penn State highlights versus Rutgers.

It is not "paranoid" to notice that happened.

As for "what highlights" to use.. any Rutgers Football positive plays. We had a few last year. They exist. The lack of any positive plays in that clip sequence proves it was a CHOICE by someone at News12... just like how someone at The Star-Ledger picks the worst photos to go with Rutgers stories. Famously the S-L had done a story questioning the attendance at Rutgers games and showed an old photo, despite having photographers in their employ who were at the game in question.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
You did not see it. Your opinion as to what is paranoid is irrelevant.

Here's a link.. judge for yourself

Someone chose what "Rutgers football" video should go in their go-to clip montage for Rutgers football stories. Whoever that was chose Penn State highlights versus Rutgers.

It is not "paranoid" to notice that happened.

As for "what highlights" to use.. any Rutgers Football positive plays. We had a few last year. They exist. The lack of any positive plays in that clip sequence proves it was a CHOICE by someone at News12... just like how someone at The Star-Ledger picks the worst photos to go with Rutgers stories. Famously the S-L had done a story questioning the attendance at Rutgers games and showed an old photo, despite having photographers in their employ who were at the game in question.
Good Ole I agree w you. This really is a high stakes game the PR game and Penn State and other schools have been playing it for along time. Rutgers fans have dealt with this forever and are usually quick to pick up on it. Although you wouldn't know it by the responses in this thread.

Reactions: ruready07
OP should have listened to storybooks when he was a kid. He done built his argument with straw and it blew down in the first breeze.

Next time, use bricks and that wall might stay up long enough to protect your thin, ultrasensitive skin next time'round.

Good Ole I agree w you. This really is a high stakes game the PR game and Penn State and other schools have been playing it for along time. Rutgers fans have dealt with this forever and are usually quick to pick up on it. Although you wouldn't know it by the responses in this thread.
That is something I've seen time and again, from the witch hunt against Mulcahy until now. Rutgers never, EVER, gets out ahead of a story. They are always reacting. And even their reactions are piss poor. We are next door to NYC, a huge international media, business and marketing center, where corporate images are rehabilitated after some of the most heinous deeds, yet we bumble through these situations time and again. Is the bureaucracy so entrenched at RU that they can't change this? Is the leadership so clueless or so uncaring that it's just allowed to continue as business as usual? What does it take to change this mindset?

So on "the most despised media" list:

1) coming in at #1..... the Star Ledger..enough said
2) a close second ,or tied for first..cause they are part of of the same corporate family....NJ.Com
3) ESPN....I think they said nice things about us once...back when we beat Louisville in the Thursday night game
4) Phil Mushnick...the guy gets his talking points from Killingsworth
5) Steve Politi...would have been higher but that would be triple counting in view of #'s 1 and 2 above, and that would be just so darned unfair. Also I think he got another beat and has moved on from Rutgers.

Last edited:
The footage they showed consisted of all the good plays State Penn made against us. TDs, interceptions, big hits etc. I couldn't believe my eyes. So biased against the state univ.

The footage they showed consisted of all the good plays State Penn made against us. TDs, interceptions, big hits etc. I couldn't believe my eyes. So biased against the state univ.
That's what I don't understand about the "usual suspects" in this thread. The video they ran was ridiculous for what the story was. The OP doesn't complain about doing the story.. just the choice was what video they ran.

Anyone who defends the use of that video is out of their minds.

Good Ol

I agree with you share the frustration, anger, humiliation and lack of support.

Why not call the program director @ the station, let them know your concerns as NJ resident and remind them of what happened to
Bill O'Reilly when he was castrated on air by having sponsors bail (maybe a boycott of the station, advertisers...or both).

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT