ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling AJ Ferrari using OV to RU next weekend

I don't think anyone here is truly advocating for RU to break any rules in regards to recruiting. I took the post as tongue in cheek, but I could be wrong.

AJ's choice will be a personal/family choice and no reflection on either teams (OSU or RU) desire to have him. RU has done all they could to get him to commit.

Harbaugh hired her as glorified team mom, which was an official open position,a there is no rule against a university hiring a players parent, at least in football. So, that's an apples and oranges comparison.
STFU.( In case anyone else is thinking the same thing lol)

I don't think anyone here is truly advocating for RU to break any rules in regards to recruiting. I took the post as tongue in cheek, but I could be wrong.

AJ's choice will be a personal/family choice and no reflection on either teams (OSU or RU) desire to have him. RU has done all they could to get him to commit.
Perhaps you're right. But I didn't see any tongue in that cheek.

if you read the definitions of what a booster is in the document that I linked, you'll find that the mere act of offering low priced housing makes you a booster. "
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families."

Let's just say, however, that you did find someone who has never spent a dime on Rutgers or Rutgers Athletics. up until now they haven't found a good enough reason to support the University. Now, all of a sudden, they're going to be willing to suffer a financial loss in order to help out a Rutgers athlete?

Its amazing that you are such a pedant, and you don't see the error in what you are saying. All anyone said was to offer cheap/affordable housing. It is not against the rules to offer cheap or affordable housing. It is against the rules to offer housing for below its market rental rate. He never said that.

I agree that OK St. has a leg up on RU for AJ since the Ferrari family is moving back for Allen, TX, which is only a 4-hr drive to Stillwater. I also agree that John Smith is no longer a man of integrity. His gamesmanship during the two Suriano vs. Fix matches was bad for wrestling. Fortunately, the NCAA rules oversight committee has proposed two changes that will send John Smith back to the drawing board: 1. Hands to the face will be changed from an unnecessary roughness violation to an illegal hold and 2. an unsuccessful coach’s video review challenge will result in a stalling warning for that coach’s wrestler.

I hope I am wrong and AJ sees RU as a great way to further his career. Our top 10 finish at NCAAs, two national champions, top five home attendance, and the new performance center should help!

Just because you are allowed to do something in the rules doesn't mean you should. You could try to win by being better.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT