ADVERTISEMENT

AND THE ANSWER IS... RU FB Trivia Time - Opponents Who Won The Maxwell Trophy

Source

Heisman Winner
Aug 1, 2001
The Maxwell Football Club has awarded the Maxwell Trophy to the best college player in the nation since 1937. Who are the six players to win the award the same year they played against Rutgers?

Answer Friday. Good luck!

Ken Dorsey is the last one I would guess.

Not sure if Ricky Williams won it the year he played RU

Ken Dorsey, Kerry Collins, Doug Flutie, and Somebody Else.

[In edit: I don't know why I thought the OP asked for four. So I'm only halfway there, not 3/4]

I am sure we had something to do with whoever the winners are .i have no idea so here are my guesses : Ken Dorsey , mike Vick , Larry Fitzgerald, Ricky Williams , Dan Marino ,frank Costa , warren sapp .

Last chance to make a guess before the answer is put up!

I see four of the six listed so far.

Players who won the Maxwell Award in the year they played against Rutgers are: running back Ed Marinaro of Cornell in 1971; quarterback Chuck Fusina of Penn State in 1978; quarterback Doug Flutie of Boston College in 1984; quarterback Don McPherson of Syracuse in 1987; quarterback Kerry Collins of Penn State in 1994 and quarterback Ken Dorsey of Miami in 2001.

Last edited:
Players who won the Heisman Trophy in the year they played against Rutgers are: end Larry Kelley of Yale in 1936 and quarterback Doug Flutie of Boston College in 1984.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT