ADVERTISEMENT

Anemic and Shorthanded

For the Women's team and CVS today was a good one.
Hopefully this type of play ( 22pt win) will continue in the B1G tourney and the RU WBB team and it's HOF coach will be handed an NCAA Dance card.

As for any fire CVS thread, I'm against that type of thinking.
But I feel there are some that wanted her gone and complained about Stringer even when RU was one of the best and there wasn't a valid reason for some so called RU WBB fans to want her replaced.
As for the MBB program and its HC , that is a topic that belongs on the MBB board , but I think I understand your point and why you brought it up.

Agreed.

One post remarked about the lack of a 3 point shooter or shooters and our demise since then. Spot on!
Overall this year, our opponents averaged 5.1 3-pointers per game with a .327 shooting percentage. We averaged 4 per game with a .333 shooting percentage. In conference play, our opponents averaged 5.6 3-pointers per game with a .339 shooting percentage, and we averaged 3.8 per game (.312 %). However, during most of the conference play (all games but 4) we were missing Cynthia Hernandez who was shooting .371 from three.

So you guys want Hobbs to get rid of CVS and EJ in the same year?
On a personal level, CVS is a true role model. Loved her book, life story and her Hall of Fame credentials. But, "you are what your record is" and the last couple of recruiting classes have not been Top 20. I would think a HOF Coach would have to beat-off recruits with a stick, but this is not happening. Does anyone think this will change any time soon? How about CVS wins another WNIT title and retires as the banner is hoisted to the rafters?

On a personal level, CVS is a true role model. Loved her book, life story and her Hall of Fame credentials. But, "you are what your record is" and the last couple of recruiting classes have not been Top 20. I would think a HOF Coach would have to beat-off recruits with a stick, but this is not happening. Does anyone think this will change any time soon? How about CVS wins another WNIT title and retires as the banner is hoisted to the rafters?

C Viv's team was 23-10 last season, and has a winning record this season. Man, get a grip !

Abro, people don't like that we don 't have girls who can shoot the three.

Abro, people don't like that we don 't have girls who can shoot the three.

Yes, definitely RU"s weak spot is outside shooting especially the 3 . RU still went 23-10 last season, and faces Nebraska first game in tourny for it's 18th win . RU beat Nebraska in it's last matchup by 10 at The RAC. Lost to Nebraska at Nebraska earlier in season. RU is 3-0 on Neutral courts this season, and the tourny is at Indiannapolis. RU has a good chance of winning it's 18th game and having a good RPI. Ohio St in next round is tough one, no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT