ADVERTISEMENT

Another minor update I heard

IL Lusciato

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2011
Newark, NJ
Interviews have started. At least one person, a name we have all heard as a potential candidate, not Greg, has interviewed as of this week. I hear that either an official announcement, or more likely, news breaking/leaking of who the choice is could come as early as 2 weeks from now. I do not get the sense the person who interviewed that I'm referencing is the choice, but I was not told that directly.

That's solid info as of now. Now my take fwiw:

I get the sense that some of these interviews are due diligence...if the 2 week timeline is true, and currently employed coaches can't interview than either A) they are going to go with someone not currently employed and are just going through the motions w interviews (we know who) B) one of these couple guys will get it and they legitimately don't know which one. I go with A . . You can't just hire a guy without interviewing other legit candidates, at least as a formality. If it was still a toss-up or someone hadn't been zeroed in on, I don't think 2 weeks would make sense, as they'd want to interview guys currently employed along with the available candidates.

If the search drags too far into December I'd think it's an indication that the top choice fell through or is being difficult and thus the search has expanded. As of now, that's not the plan.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News