ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Alfano wants to play here

We have a very positive culture within the program of high level kids being held accountable as members of our school and NJ community.
Lol . So does the parish council at my church and our local Girl Scout troop.
None of that matters in semipro football

We have a very positive culture within the program of high level kids being held accountable as members of our school and NJ community.
There's always that one a$$hat in every crowd that wants to take pot shots because it makes them feel good about themselves. I wouldn't even bother responding in the future, say more about him than anything else.

Since he hasn’t played a down of cfb, how many years of eligibility does he have left? With the season 6 months away does he see the field at Lackawanna?
Good question. Has his five year clock even started? He hasn't played a single down. Hell, the kid hasn't even made it an entire year at one school yet.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
I took it hook, line and sinker. 😂
His career does seem to be at a fork.

Lackawanna%20Sign%20-%20Copy.jpg

I definitely fell for it and then said to myself “wait…what?”. Thanks for saving me the trouble of fact-checking.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Good question. Has his five year clock even started? He hasn't played a single down. Hell, the kid hasn't even made it an entire year at one school yet.

He picked up one year for Covid (makes it six) and I assume he gets a medical redshirt for 2020. Because he was on the team and on scholarship at Alabama I assume that started the clock.

I’d bet he has two or three years of eligibility left.

Reactions: Knight Shift
There's always that one a$$hat in every crowd that wants to take pot shots because it makes them feel good about themselves. I wouldn't even bother responding in the future, say more about him than anything else.
Oh thanks for the insult . You’re so much better insulting other posters.

I took it hook, line and sinker. 😂
His career does seem to be at a fork.

Lackawanna%20Sign%20-%20Copy.jpg

I definitely fell for it and then said to myself “wait…what?”. Thanks for saving me the trouble of fact-checking.
You guys…😝

And we all know what @zappaa ‘s dad said about that fork in the road. So there’s that too.🙂

Also, when @gef21 says something, I listen.

I tend to agree with you.
I was thinking he would have to accept he would be redshirted his first year , to prove he has the right attitude, but reading how he thought it strange Rutgers asked about his medical history makes me feel he has a little more changing to do if he doesn't think his epilepsy and treatment for it wouldn't be raised by RU .
I don't know if he has changed or putting up a good front in order to get another shot .
Guess if he's doing well , not the minimum requirement , academically that might give a strong hint on how much he has changed.
Redshirted, how many yrs of eligibility does he has left. Why would you waste a year if he came here

Redshirted, how many yrs of eligibility does he has left. Why would you waste a year if he came here
walk on is key word and that was what I was agreeing with.
Walking on without a schollie to prove himself worthy of being put on scholarship the next year if he has eligibility left.
One year or even 2 would be worth it if Alfano finally got his $#1t together and used the talent he's supposed to have to help make the RU FB team improve

It matters to some in creating an environment to create successful young people past college.
Anyone who roots for Rutgers and has a "just win" mentality needs to find another school to root for.
There are plenty out there.

Reactions: zebnatto
It matters to some in creating an environment to create successful young people past college.
Not many lol . Very few people pay to go to a semipro football game because the “young people playing “ (you mean adults) may be successful past college or semipro football. But cool take man

Is Lackawanna a pipeline or proving spot for Pitt and Penn State?
Rutgers QB Mike Dare transferred to Lackawanna before going to Sam Houston State to play for HC KC Keeler and OC Phil Longo. He got injured and his career ended.

Some NFL and former NFL players who started at Lackawanna (2 from NJ)-none went to Penn State:

I’m thinking that it might be 50-50 for this kid to be on the game day roster at Lackawanna this Fall. A leopard generally doesn’t change his spots.

And this kid has a lot of spots.

...for the posters that keep saying we 'need' to take him in order to win, what exactly are you basing that off of?...and for those talking about a potential PSU offer, is that the same PSU who reportedly wouldn't accept the kid's commitment in HS due to the concerns that have been mentioned in this thread?

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Rutgers QB Mike Dare transferred to Lackawanna before going to Sam Houston State to play for HC KC Keeler and OC Phil Longo. He got injured and his career ended.

Some NFL and former NFL players who started at Lackawanna (2 from NJ)-none went to Penn State:

I thought years ago there was a big OL we wanted from Lackawanna CC but in the end he picked Miami.

I thought years ago there was a big OL we wanted from Lackawanna CC but in the end he picked Miami.
Could be. There seems to be a moderate track record of success for players that go there for a year or two. Hope the young man can figure it out. Not everybody's path is linear. He had a lot of problems and family issues early in life. Some young people take longer to grow up and deal with issues.

}
Bryant McKinnie. If my memory is not failing me my oldest son played in the NJ North South All-Star game and McKinnie was on the opposing team.
This exactly
I think we are in the final running for Bryant but in the end he chose Miami.
And thanks to Knight Shift for posting the link.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT