ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Alfano wants to play here

Too much risk with this player a former 5* or not. Could still be great player but … many here really only know a small part of his troubles which started back in Colonia. Just hope he’s healthy , working hard and can control his emotions. He wanted nothing to do with Rutgers not once but several other times. It’s all up to Greg Schiano , Rutgers and those who know the latest in this player.

Too much risk with this player a former 5* or not. Could still be great player but … many here really only know a small part of his troubles which started back in Colonia. Just hope he’s healthy , working hard and can control his emotions. He wanted nothing to do with Rutgers not once but several other times. It’s all up to Greg Schiano , Rutgers and those who know the latest in this player.
What is the risk? He comes and if he flames out , cut his ass
I think we may owe Colonia
I trust schiano

Trust me Colonia doesn’t want to cash that chit. He is not something they claim.
Ok . It don’t need to be alfano.
He was from rahway anyway right ? And he kinda actually looks like Antonio garay from the NFL and has the same first name! Kinda cool right?

What is the risk? He comes and if he flames out , cut his ass
I think we may owe Colonia
I trust schiano
No … there are some things which occurred which lead to taking a hard pass. Great player who was not a good team mate in high school at several high schools nor a type of young man we seem to want representing the university. He turned away several times from considering Rutgers. Let him go … hope he has miraculously gotten straightened out but usually after 4-5 seasons that ain’ t happening. Good Luck to him.

No … there are some things which occurred which lead to taking a hard pass. Great player who was not a good team mate in high school at several high schools nor a type of young man we seem to want representing the university. He turned away several times from considering Rutgers. Let him go … hope he has miraculously gotten straightened out but usually after 4-5 seasons that ain’ t happening. Good Luck to him.

People are a lot different at 23 than 18. He played 2 seasons then had health issues.

Ok . It don’t need to be alfano.
He was from rahway anyway right ? And he kinda actually looks like Antonio garay from the NFL and has the same first name! Kinda cool right?
He was in several places. Garay family yes … uncle ? ….all you need to do is research with some former teachers and coaches. Then go ask Nick Saban and I think at Colorado maybe Tucker… we don’t have the luxury nor probably the desire.

When I saw this thread pop up again, I figured for sure the kid must be in jail this time or someone saw him working at the car wash.

Reactions: Morrischiano
People are a lot different at 23 than 18. He played 2 seasons then had health issues.
No nothing probably different under the cover of a JC. He never played at Bama nor Colorado. It’s His past actions which many question.

What years did he play? And where? I’ll wait…
Kid has had issues since high school , into college. It is no fault but his own. His medical condition is one thing .His inability to act civil towards others is where he went wrong. Blame the school systems, teachers , coaches and yes all those who looked the other way when these instances occurred. Why…because he was an elite football/ wrestler.

• Haha
Reactions: redking
What years did he play? And where? I’ll wait…

Wait for what? We all know he was an ass at 18. He’s 23-24 now. I’m pretty sure most of us regret some part of our behavior at 18.

He went to Bama (2019) then Colorado (2020) but did not play due to seizures. Not sure what happened in Kansas but he never played -
Assuming it was still health related. Finally popped up at Lackawanna this year and he’s shown enough to be one of the most sought after JUCOs. Life has a way of humbling you.

Kid has had issues since high school , into college. It is no fault but his own. His medical condition is one thing .His inability to act civil towards others is where he went wrong. Blame the school systems, teachers , coaches and yes all those who looked the other way when these instances occurred. Why…because he was an elite football/ wrestler.

Talking to yourself again?

Reactions: redking
Wait for what? We all know he was an ass at 18. He’s 23-24 now. I’m pretty sure most of us regret some part of our behavior at 18.

He went to Bama (2019) then Colorado (2020) but did not play due to seizures. Not sure what happened in Kansas but he never played -
Assuming it was still health related. Finally popped up at Lackawanna this year and he’s shown enough to be one of the most sought after JUCOs. Life has a way of humbling you.
No stupid … he quit Bama… didn’t go to class… went to Colorado… the claim is he had seizures. Did he have medical seizures at Rahway- then Colonia… that never was mentioned as a reason for his attitude towards fellow teammates. Stop the nonsense … it was more than just a medical problem. He was not accountable for his actions. He’s had many chances … more than what a less athletic prodigy would get in life. Hope he’s good now and enjoys a great career but something just tells me it will be a tough road .

No stupid … he quit Bama… didn’t go to class… went to Colorado… the claim is he had seizures. Did he have medical seizures at Rahway- then Colonia… that never was mentioned as a reason for his attitude towards fellow teammates. Stop the nonsense … it was more than just a medical problem. He was not accountable for his actions. He’s had many chances … more than what a less athletic prodigy would get in life. Hope he’s good now and enjoys a great career but something just tells me it will be a tough road .
Stay Mad GIF

I don’t …..not one iota and most who I went to high school , college and military time don’t .Different times …. Much different thinking and respect for others. Were we perfect no but we knew well and good that certain things would be frowned upon.

I don’t …..not one iota and most who I went to high school , college and military time don’t .Different times …. Much different thinking and respect for others. Were we perfect no but we knew well and good that certain things would be frowned upon.

You already responded to that post.

You claimed he played… actually played live games…,don’t remember that. So again where and against whom did he play. His alleged medical issues came about 2 years post high school maybe more like 3. I would be very surprised if he came here on ship but that’s Schiano’s decision.

You claimed he played… actually played live games…,don’t remember that. So again where and against whom did he play. His alleged medical issues came about 2 years post high school maybe more like 3. I would be very surprised if he came here on ship but that’s Schiano’s decision.
It also sounded that you did not know about his personality issues with others. As said here Alfano was a great physical, talented athlete but lacking in common civil deportment towards others in his life. Has he changed? Time will tell.

Seems dumb that we're not going to take him according to this article. Former five start recruit.

He's worth the risks.

When we recruited him when he was in high school he had no interest in coming here. Now that he's looking for he's 3rd/4th school??? Rutgers looks good to him. 🤣🤣🤣 I'll pass on this one

There is much doubt regarding Antonio coming out of Rahway and Colonia HS . He was a player worthy of his rankings and desirability by colleges coast to coast.A true physically gifted athlete who was destined to be a future NFL guy. Only problem was Antonio also had numerous disciplinary issues which were mentioned on here and well known at Colonia High. The red flags were overlooked by all seeking his commitment. What occurred was a nice start at Alabama to Colorado and ultimately JUCO’s. The epilepsy was brought up when he was at Colorado but the discipline problem and failure going to class / practice etc. forced Nick Saban and Alfonso to part ways.He did occasionally flirt with Rutgers but that was only that …a flirtation ..a tease. The family has been a recognizable athletic dynasty in not only football but wrestling circles of New Jersey for years.Does he deserve a chance ? At this point only Schiano could approve that marriage. It’s tricky, risky , and diametrically opposed to what Schiano expects his recruits and players to behave like. Being a true student / athlete is tough enough. Antonio Alfonso had a few physical skirmishes with fellow teammates in high school. Is it worth it risking the same at Rutgers if he were offered and accepted. Do you take the chance that this would happen here? Right now I don’t expect him to come to RU. The risk reward aspect may not be worth it. We want to compete within our conference and nationally but going this route is probably the reason not to offer him a ship. Offer as a walk on and prove your worth . Plenty of NIL money going around someone will pay this player.
No No No

When we recruited him when he was in high school he had no interest in coming here. Now that he's looking for he's 3rd/4th school??? Rutgers looks good to him. 🤣🤣🤣 I'll pass on this one
I mean he’s going to LSU….if he’s good enough for them , he’s sure the hell good enough for us. Did you watch the Maryland game ??

I mean he’s going to LSU….if he’s good enough for them , he’s sure the hell good enough for us. Did you watch the Maryland game ??
Yeah, yeah I remember the same comments about Duce Chestnut going turn out?

Kid got roasted repeatedly and then booted from the team when he lost playing time. Sometimes your best move is not making one.

Yeah, yeah I remember the same comments about Duce Chestnut going turn out?

Kid got roasted repeatedly and then booted from the team when he lost playing time. Sometimes your best move is not making one.
Chestnut went to Syracuse right ?
Big difference with Brian Kelly and LSU. Kelly knows what he’s doing

Chestnut went to Syracuse right ?
Big difference with Brian Kelly and LSU. Kelly knows what he’s doing
LSU has the depth on his roster to get rid of a locker room cancer. RU does not have that luxury and those types go against the program’s culture.

You just want to chase rankings with no consideration of how it impacts the program.

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT