ADVERTISEMENT

Any Blacksheer contact?

Blackshear may be a fluid situation. If the 4 star RB decides to sign with RU, we would have 3 decent RBs with Blackshear.

My guess is he still goes to a place where he will have a chance to be the lead RB. Splitting carries with Pacheco doesn't highlight his game enough if he wants to go to the NFL.

I would take him back if Schiano and the team were okay with it. I’m thinking they are not though.

If he transfers, a sit out year is a possibility. Not sure why he would want to risk that.

While we can use him, it would make sense for him to drop down a level and showcase his skills in the AAC. He will be the feature back and the defensive talent level is not as high as in the BIG. It would also have to be okay with the other players for him to stay.

I think that he’s done. He was visiting Temple over the weekend.
probably a good place for him if he wants a chance to be the lead back. Competition is a step down in the AAC vs the B10 so he may have more chances for breakaway runs and big yardage numbers.

If Schiano is feeling good about Berger, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't pursue Blackshear.

This.
Need Jalen to reignite the NJ Recruiting.
Build a wall around New Jersey’s

Nunzio is on the staff still.

I think he is the deciding factor if we allow him to stay (if he wanted to)

My guess is Nunzio doesn't think he's worth it for what he did as a captain of the team. Captains don't abandon ships in chaos.

We already have 3 experienced, good RB's who played. If we can land Berger, there's a chance that Blackshear doesn't get time at all.

Nunzio is on the staff still.

I think he is the deciding factor if we allow him to stay (if he wanted to)

My guess is Nunzio doesn't think he's worth it for what he did as a captain of the team. Captains don't abandon ships in chaos.

Gotta agree. Nunzio probably got blindsided by Blackshear as he timed his decision rather late in the week, while Sit's scenario was a bit expected (i.e. Nunz wanted option QB, & Sit was expecting to RS prior to season).

Did GS meet with Raheem Blackshear? Can he flip him to stay?
He's got to go.

He was captain of this team.
Captains don't abandon a sinking ship.

Blackshear put on his speedo, put on his swim cap and goggles, and said "See Ya" and dove off the ship before anyone else boarded the lifeboat.

That is not a guy Schiano will want back. Not a guy I would want back as a coach.

Reactions: Soulcitywalker
Blackshear doesn't deserve to come back and Schiano shouldn't even try to see if he
wants to. The timing of Raheem's decision to redshirt makes it impossible for me to even think he deserves to be part of Schiano's team. Being one of the Captains makes his timing unacceptable .

Artur, on the other hand, might have quit on the program , but not his teammates.
He did offer to burn his redshirt year if he was needed. That might not been something that would really happen, but was a nice gesture anyway.

Both went into the portal and only Sit deserves to be let out of it in my opinion.

Hey all, can you describe Blackshear's game/strengths? I see he was a captain on this year's squad. We certainly could use a backup RB/slot with a few guys graduating and/or heading to the draft.

Hey all, can you describe Blackshear's game/strengths? I see he was a captain on this year's squad. We certainly could use a backup RB/slot with a few guys graduating and/or heading to the draft.
A good comparable player would be former 'cat and Eagle Brian Westbrook.

Edit: he's not a backup. He's a starter.

Last edited:
If he goes to Temple he likely will be in a tough battle for playing time, they have a very good true freshman RB, Re'Mahn Davis, who gained 900 yards, 7 TDs, and averaged over 5 yards per carry.
They’re different kinds of backs. I think they can be on the field together.

In any case, from everything I can gather, it sounds like the disinterest in a Rutgers reunion is mutual between the program and the player.

I don't care what was going on with the team. When you are a captain, and during warmups you decide to quit on your team, you are a culture killer. This program will not be built with people like that. Call it the generation, call it NFL aspirations, call it whatever the hell you want, but in a team sport, that is a throwing a bad apple in with the good bunch.

Let him walk, go recruit talent that understands team concepts. They are definitely out there.

I don't care what was going on with the team. When you are a captain, and during warmups you decide to quit on your team, you are a culture killer. This program will not be built with people like that. Call it the generation, call it NFL aspirations, call it whatever the hell you want, but in a team sport, that is a throwing a bad apple in with the good bunch.

Let him walk, go recruit talent that understands team concepts. They are definitely out there.

If RB was a seldom-used player, I can understand it. But as a Captain (yep, I know he's still a young man), the standard is, and should be higher.

If you listened today how can you think he is the kind of person Schiano wants in the locker room? No equity. Zero!

If you listened today how can you think he is the kind of person Schiano wants in the locker room? No equity. Zero!

I did listen, and I agree with you. Greg also took the time to really explain FAMILY and the Chop. Probably a level set for newer folks, but still important. I don't think RB will meet the requirements to be part of the FAMILY. Isaih Pacheco does for sure.

Reactions: RU1977
If you were Blackshear,.. well, how many schools do you think want him?

I'd guess he has a lot of options. And whether that means brand name academics like Stanford or a top running game like Wisconsin (Taylor's done, right?) or a playoff favorite.. I think he can get interest.

on the other hand, if he loves the school.. and his friends here.. and having family come to games easily.. there is reason to stay. Things WILL be different.

Last edited:
Blackshear may be a fluid situation. If the 4 star RB decides to sign with RU, we would have 3 decent RBs with Blackshear.

My guess is he still goes to a place where he will have a chance to be the lead RB. Splitting carries with Pacheco doesn't highlight his game enough if he wants to go to the NFL.

That’s just wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT