ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you guys seen NJ12

Reactions: JRZEER
It's a sad story but fake news headline---- shame on News12 NJ.

RIP young man.

"Murray and teammate Nyjon Freeman originally committed to walk-on to the football team at Rutgers, but only Freeman wound up spending time on the roster in 2020 and 2021."

I didn’t know what his status was with the team was, but certainly an unfortunate situation

Reactions: Knight Shift
I didn’t know what his status was with the team was, but certainly an unfortunate situation

I dont think it warrants a headline that he was a "former Rutgers Football player"

His football career was short lived: He was only enrolled for the fall 2020 semester. He then returned home to help care for his family, said Hoboken Superintendent of Schools Christine Johnson in a message on Monday.

Reactions: Local Shill
I dont think it warrants a headline that he was a "former Rutgers Football player"

His football career was short lived: He was only enrolled for the fall 2020 semester. He then returned home to help care for his family, said Hoboken Superintendent of Schools Christine Johnson in a message on Monday.
Definitely a strange association to Rutgers football to put in a headline. The anchor for that story is my next door neighbor. The story said the mayor's office confirmed the young man was a Rutgers football player.

Read the link from your post. Sadly, the young man just took the firefighter exam for Hoboken, and he was supposed to go for an interview.

• Sad
Reactions: newell138

It was a high point in his life. This isn't the SL looking for a negative connotation.

A couple of items (Targum article) and forgive post to other site:

"Rutgers added to its tally of preferred walk-ons this week as the staff received a commitment from Hoboken High (Hoboken, N.J.) senior cornerback Damon Murray. The 6-foot, 180-pounder fell under the recruiting radar and that allowed Rutgers to swoop in and nab a commitment on Thursday.
“They started recruiting me March 12th and their message was Rutgers would be a great fit for me,” Murray said.
Just two weeks later, Murray opted to take Rutgers up on the offer to come in as a preferred walk-on and he announced that decision to head coach Greg Schiano.

I told head coach Greg and his reaction was ‘that’s great, can’t wait to have you, welcome aboard,’” Murray said.

Another coach has also been in communication with Murray as hears from secondary coach Fran Brown.

“I talk to the coach Fran and he tells me that he’s going to make me a better man on and off the field,” Murray said."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT