ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone who wants Sanders to leave after this season...

Sanders got hacked multiple times and no respect from the refs (again).

No one else on our team can create his own shot.
No one else on our team can drive it like Corey.
No one else on our team is capable for going off for 20+.

Really hope he stays for his senior season.
With 1 more year of coaching by our staff, and more help around him, Corey can have a really solid and more consistent season.

Man, do we need him.
Especially until the younger guys and next year’s frosh have time to develop.

Congrats on tonight, Corey!!!

Last edited:
I didn't realize how bad that missed foul call was in second half on pull-up jumper, guy had all wrist.

That was an egregious no call.
Stevie Wonder could have called that one.
(Is that what Stephen Bardo said? That might have been another call.)

Bardo did say a guy with as much experience as Sanders should get that call.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I think we all want Corey to stay and we do need him badly for next year. I think it’s just the case if he wants to have another year of going to classes or not as hoops is going to be his profession and he’ll make a lot of money most likely overseas. I’m not sure another year will help him with his nba dreams but maybe playing with some better shooters will open things things up. His jump shot has significantly improved. Going to his left is still the one obstacle that NBA players can all do well.

If Corey returns and a couple of other pieces are added, we could be a good team next season. We need another rebounder and PG on this team.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Love Corey. He has been through some serious shit here. He takes all the blameand all the glory in stride. For 3 YEARS. Pike definitely has him trending in the right direction. Makes you wonder how this team would be if we had Pike since Corey got here.

If he can develop a decent 3 ball and a better left, hes a pro. Idc what anyone says. Kids fun to watch when on

What did Carino mean by this - staying or going?
"He (Sanders) added, in perhaps a foreshadowing of his plans for next year, "I'm blessed to be in this position. I'm blessed just to be in college, just to be alive breathing."

I think we all want Corey to stay and we do need him badly for next year. I think it’s just the case if he wants to have another year of going to classes or not as hoops is going to be his profession and he’ll make a lot of money most likely overseas. I’m not sure another year will help him with his nba dreams but maybe playing with some better shooters will open things things up. His jump shot has significantly improved. Going to his left is still the one obstacle that NBA players can all do well.

If Corey returns and a couple of other pieces are added, we could be a good team next season. We need another rebounder and PG on this team.
He’s a great player and he was a warrior last night. I hope he makes the nba but if he doesn’t, he’s still going to be very successful.

We don't win last night without Sanders. But do we beat Michigan State at home without him? (he went 2-15 that game).

It's honestly fascinating. I think I've settled on wanting him back, for both basketball reasons but also the soft factors of having a senior on the team. But I just don't see it as a clear-cut as everybody else.

Reactions: bac2therac
We don't win last night without Sanders. But do we beat Michigan State at home without him? (he went 2-15 that game).

No. Remember that our other guards in that game (Baker/Williams/Thiam/Mensah) went a combined 7-23 for just 19 points in 86 min. Corey also had the 3rd most rebounds that game, and giving them Corey's 34 min would not have magically resulted in a net gain of 11 points.

To say he has been inconsistent is an understatement but I do not believe any of us know why he has been that way. Is it because he is a self motivator and doesn't always come ready to play? Is it because he tries to carry a team that has trouble scoring and as a result he gets outside his game and forces the issue too much? Personally, I think it could be the second. I would like to see him stay and, hopefully with a better team around him with better perimeter shooters he plays within himself and we see a more consistent great player. Who knows?

What did Carino mean by this - staying or going?
"He (Sanders) added, in perhaps a foreshadowing of his plans for next year, "I'm blessed to be in this position. I'm blessed just to be in college, just to be alive breathing."
Hoping Sanders sees next year's team should allow him to develop as a PG distributor with better scorers coming in and Baker and Doucoure returning more seasoned.[thumb2]

Reactions: RC85
Sanders can get his degree and flourish in Europe if the NBA doesnt happen. Make some coin, as many have stated hes a smart kid with a great personality. Going to be sad when he goes. Big personality!

I would love Corey to come back. I think it is mutually beneficial. But one think I don't think is being talked about and is just as important to our offensive woes is scoring by the bigs. We have some good defensive players in front court by opposing teams do not worry about them in respect to scoring. Think what a center/power forward with have the offensive abilities of a Patrick Ewing could do. It would change alot even with the same back court.

Let's see Pikiell's closing skills. Corey might be his biggest recruiting job for next year.

Qunicy Douby regretted not coming back for his Senior year even though he was a 1st round pick. He knew we would've danced that year as well as graduated. I'm not saying we'll dance next year, but next year could be special in that we take another big step with a winning record.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2016/02/rutgers_quincy_douby.html

Corey had 6 rebounds last night. At 4.5 avg he is third on team just behind EO (5.1).
Yes he is playing more minutes but his commitment to getting the boards is clear...something our frosh needs to learn.

It's honestly fascinating. I think I've settled on wanting him back, for both basketball reasons but also the soft factors of having a senior on the team. But I just don't see it as a clear-cut as everybody else.
You must be kidding me .

Are you kidding me? Go root for some other team if you want Corey gone? You point to the first MSU game and Corey’s line but leave out 5 -13; 2-15; 4-12, 2-7, and 0-2 for our other players. If they make one more timely shot , we win but normally they do not. Only when Corey is out of sight, 25-30 a game do we have a chance . You also conveniently leave out the MSU road game where Corey was 9-23 and carried us and if one of our players goes 2-9 instead of 1-9 we likely win. Your statements about being better off without Corey are just idiotic. He is our only and I repeat only Big 10 all league player that has to do everything without a big man that can catch and dunk and without a consistent three point wing that he has fed consistently but almost all the time misses. It is honestly fascinating, no it is not !!

Reactions: shields
I would love Corey to come back. I think it is mutually beneficial. But one think I don't think is being talked about and is just as important to our offensive woes is scoring by the bigs. We have some good defensive players in front court by opposing teams do not worry about them in respect to scoring. Think what a center/power forward with have the offensive abilities of a Patrick Ewing could do. It would change alot even with the same back court.
A Patrick Ewing type player would be a one and done college player right now .

To say he has been inconsistent is an understatement but I do not believe any of us know why he has been that way. Is it because he is a self motivator and doesn't always come ready to play? Is it because he tries to carry a team that has trouble scoring and as a result he gets outside his game and forces the issue too much? Personally, I think it could be the second. I would like to see him stay and, hopefully with a better team around him with better perimeter shooters he plays within himself and we see a more consistent great player. Who knows?
It’s actually simple - he is just a streaky shooter. He doesn’t have a post up game. He doesn’t get respect from the refs so when his jump shot is off he doesn’t look good and the lack of playmakers around him makes it look worse. If he was surrounded by scorers when he is cold he could just play distributer. It has nothing to do with attitude or him being up for the game etc. it is just he happens to be cold some nights. That’s basketball. I just love it when morons come on the board after after Corey has a cold night and think it had something to do with his attitude or him not being “into it” that night. I can’t explain how stupid those comments are.

You must be kidding me .

Are you kidding me? Go root for some other team if you want Corey gone? You point to the first MSU game and Corey’s line but leave out 5 -13; 2-15; 4-12, 2-7, and 0-2 for our other players. If they make one more timely shot , we win but normally they do not. Only when Corey is out of sight, 25-30 a game do we have a chance . You also conveniently leave out the MSU road game where Corey was 9-23 and carried us and if one of our players goes 2-9 instead of 1-9 we likely win. Your statements about being better off without Corey are just idiotic. He is our only and I repeat only Big 10 all league player that has to do everything without a big man that can catch and dunk and without a consistent three point wing that he has fed consistently but almost all the time misses. It is honestly fascinating, no it is not !!
He is not an all league player, and he probably isn't one of the best 6-8 guards in the Big 10. Will we be better record wise without him next year - doubtful, but from things I've heard the program might be better off.

Last edited:
Corey can be inconsistent but he needs more help.

An outside shooter would open up his game big time.

Biggest knock on him is his inability to go left.

He is not an all league player, and he probably isn't one of the best 6-8 guards in the Big 10. Will we be better record wise without him next year - doubtful, but from things I've heard the program might be better off.
Guarantee he makes either team or honorable mention all league. There is not another player close and Geo will likely make the all frosh team. I do not know what you have heard but from actually watching Corey game to game he is doing what coach wants almost every night. If you think he will not make even honorable mention, then it speaks to how he has outplayed multiple teams to get us wins with what you describe as better talent. I will give you Cowan at Maryland, and Carr at Penn State as clearly better but after that no one else is asked to do more for his team.

Reactions: Antnee79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT