ADVERTISEMENT

Who leaves

I think Miller and Reiber are gone....Oskar getting more PT at the end of the year may have him staying.....my gut is Paul stays too

Who knows with Hyatt - huge headache - he's a net zero to me and I'd just rather him go

I expect (HOPE) a big jump for Simpson next year and for him to make a lot of noise. I just feel he's just so close to turning the corner, but I've been feeling that since the beginning of the season. You see signs here and there, but just can't get the consistency - he's so right there though.....or maybe that's just the fan in me talking.

Reactions: shields
I think Miller and Reiber are gone....Oskar getting more PT at the end of the year may have him staying.....my gut is Paul stays too

Who knows with Hyatt - huge headache - he's a net zero to me and I'd just rather him go

I expect (HOPE) a big jump for Simpson next year and for him to make a lot of noise. I just feel he's just so close to turning the corner, but I've been feeling that since the beginning of the season. You see signs here and there, but just can't get the consistency - he's so right there though.....or maybe that's just the fan in me talking.
It's hard to imagine Hyatt wanting to come back, knowing when Mag comes back he's a 6th man again. I think either he's done with college or he transfers where he can get more shots (lower level).

Miller and Reiber seem irrelevant at this point. If they come back they don't play any more than this year, probably less.

I don't see how Simpson can be a Point Guard unless it's PG in name only and Cam/Gavin are really the point on offense. Simpson doesn't handle ball pressure well at all, hasn't shot well and seems to love dribble pull ups or off balance floaters/mid range shots, in other words, bad shots. And he shoots a lot given the amount of time he's on the floor. That's kind of his role this year, but I don't see how that works at point guard when the two wings (Cam and Griffiths) are both better/more efficient scorers.

Certainly it is fair to expect Griffiths to be starting by January if he is going to live up to his rating.
Does it matter whether he's starting or coming off the bench as the 6th man? If he's scoring by the bushel that's all that matters.

Gone: Caleb, Hyatt, Miller,
Maybe: Reiber, Oskar
Hopefully: Paul. He’s done his job here, time to move on

Can’t speak for where Paul’s head’s been at these last few games, but physically I think he’s been nursing that shoulder injury all year.

If he decides to come back and he’s healthy, I think we see the better version of him and we’ll be happy to have him.

Personally I hope Hyatt returns. He was much better this year offensively. Another year of improvement and he can continue to shine for 15-23 mins per night.
Come back Aundre!
Agreed, writing him off after one (terrible) play is too much. Just need enough depth and scoring threats to give him the proper role

Geo wasn't a superstar as a freshman, it takes time.. Simpson will get stronger and he's already shown a ton of ability. I expect him to make a huge jump.

Can’t speak for where Paul’s head’s been at these last few games, but physically I think he’s been nursing that shoulder injury all year.

If he decides to come back and he’s healthy, I think we see the better version of him and we’ll be happy to have him.
Only fools would want a guy the ranks in the top 5 in assists for two years running gone.

I agree that the earlier injury is probably a factor right now. Just like Caleb and his back impacting his shooting.

I would imagine minimal turnover.

Famously nobody left last year.
What's changed that players would leave now? They aren't getting less minutes.

Haha wow yea idk how I forgot him. Honestly a pretty good team but still would like a proven scorer
Agreed
Simpson
Cam
Gavin Griffiths
Mag
Cliff
Simpson off the ball getting to the rim and Cliff down low. Simpson doubled on the drive or Cliff doubled in the block kick outs to Cam and Gavin on opposite sides of the floor. Mag banging the glass. Sign me up !!!!
Bring *Paul, Wolfe and insert transfers here off the bench
* I know Pike will go with Paul and understand but just do think it’s the right move.

who will be recognized on senior day? That may be an indicator.
I would hope Paul will stay. and cliff and Hyatt. Unfinished business.
it is worth bringing the band back, key members, and I’m okay with Palmquist now. Had hoped more from Reiber, but I think if he wants more playing time, he should look elsewhere, MAAC level.
miller appears to have been recruited over, and same for him. Not a B1G player at all.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Miller will be gone. It is obvious that he will not be playing no matter how depleted the roster is. At least at a mid major he might get playing time.

Reiber will be gone. He could not get any meaningful playing time this year. Next year even less.

who will be recognized on senior day? That may be an indicator.
I would hope Paul will stay. and cliff and Hyatt. Unfinished business.
it is worth bringing the band back, key members, and I’m okay with Palmquist now. Had hoped more from Reiber, but I think if he wants more playing time, he should look elsewhere, MAAC level.
miller appears to have been recruited over, and same for him. Not a B1G player at all.
Who is recognized is meaningless as multiple players have eligibility and will be back.

Just last year Caleb was recognized and came back. I think Geo also did the same thing.

Agreed, writing him off after one (terrible) play is too much. Just need enough depth and scoring threats to give him the proper role
Not writing Hyatt off just don’t think he’ll want Sixth man role.
At his age he’s going to improve relatively less than a younger player

Personally I hope Hyatt returns. He was much better this year offensively. Another year of improvement and he can continue to shine for 15-23 mins per night.
Come back Aundre!
Very low basketball IQ - probably great playground player, but organized ball is a whole different level and he doesn't get it - players like him drive me nuts. We NEEDED his offense this year - I expect Pike will fix the offense problem enough next year where we don't need to lean on Hyatt.

With McConnell leaving after the season we will have 2 open scholarships to give. But we have 3 recruits coming in so who is going to leave to open up another ship? Will it be Mulcahy, Miller, Palmquist, or Reiber?
Miller I hope!!!

Miller and Rieber will be gone. Hyatt may also leave for his final year. If cliff leaves we should be able to get an upgrade in the portal. It’s a lot easier to recruit for 30 minutes at the 5 than 10 minutes (see Ralph Agee)

Miller and Rieber will be gone. Hyatt may also leave for his final year. If cliff leaves we should be able to get an upgrade in the portal. It’s a lot easier to recruit for 30 minutes at the 5 than 10 minutes (see Ralph Agee)
Upgrade if cliff leaves?

Reactions: OriginalKnight
Yea agree that is what I am curious about right now. As of now next years starting is shaping up to be

Mulcahy
Spencer
Hyatt
Mag
Cliff

Does Pike bring in a go to scorer and push one of these guys to the bench? I hope
I have Gavin starting unless he is useless on defense. If he doesn't start immediately he will start at some point

Since we haven't had a polished 5 star recruit, people aren't expecting him to be as good as he will be as a freshman

Next year …if the main pieces all return …we could be a lot better and deeper IF pike plays the bench

Guard
Paul 25
Cam 27
Derek 22
LeMichael 6

Forward
Mawot 25
Gavin 25
Hyatt 20
Baye 10

Center
Cliff 28
Antoine 12

That’s what we need to strive for …to protect ourselves from season ending injuries

Rememebr …take out the 7 cupcakes …we are 11-12 in big ten , Miami, wake, hall and temple

9-5 no injuries
2-7 injuries

With Our Achilles heal that detailed our season is not having guys 8-10 to be ready to go if someone 1-7 goes down

So …the first order of business will be does everyone return that can. If so, go wirh what we have . If not , hit the portal

I really think Gavin will help the offense immensely

Definitely not an upgrade but a lesser player could contribute more
Fewer highlights dunks and blocks but better screens and passing etc

I know what you mean - a different player that let's others flourish more.

You take a step back at 5 to hopefully get 2 steps forward at other positions.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I would love to have Hyatt back. He has his flaws, but he would be one of the best 6th men in the league. Hard to find a talented player willing to accept his role this season.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I know what you mean - a different player that let's others flourish more.

You take a step back at 5 to hopefully get 2 steps forward at other positions.
Exactly
With Griffiths we won’t need Cliffs usage to be so high. Griffiths will likely
/hopefully be more efficient offensively

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT