ADVERTISEMENT

Anything brewing on the last scholarship?

Dpgru

All Conference
Jan 17, 2015
Since Hyatt did not use up our last ship I have neither seen nor heard of any possible recruit or transfer using it. Classes start in two/three weeks. One would think if we are going to use it something should happen soon. Or, are we putting it in our pocket for next year? Any rumors or scuttlebutt out there?

Leave that kind of roster management to the Big Boys. We need players who contribute during games, not just practices. There has to be a graduate transfer out there who can contribute in a serious way. Is there a website that tracks available graduate transfers so that we can get a consensus here on one that could fill out the roster? ;-)

Last edited:
It will go to a walk on and be the one open ship for 2019 unless someone comes out of nowhere which could happen, I guess? We were holding it for Hyatt so it's kinda late. I'm not worried about it at all. No point in wasting it on a JUCO for two years when 2019 is loaded with great kids.

Barring injury, the current Top-11 on the roster is pretty well set out to get all of our new players time and experience. I wanted a grad-transfer too, but this way minutes are left to get McConnell experience backing up Baker at the point, Harper backing up Thiam at the 3. If we dont get anyone else, I'm excited to see these young guys get thrown out there and develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT