ADVERTISEMENT

AP poll - hanging in at 25

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
We benefit from Oklahoma State's bad week, and from Georgia's loss to Mississippi State. The Texas and Georgia losses probably had the biggest impact on the rankings.

Top 5: 1. South Carolina (same as last week, 27 1st place votes, same as last week), 2. Connecticut (same, 8 votes, same), 3. Baylor (same), 4. Louisville (same), 5. Tennessee (up 1)

Big Ten: 7. Maryland (up 1), 16. Nebraska (up 1), 20. Iowa (up 2), 21. Minnesota (up 2), also receiving votes: none

Other RU opponents: 12. North Carolina (same), also receiving votes: LSU (t31, up from nowhere last week, 13 points, up 13 from last week)

65 points this week, down 33 from last week. Western Kentucky, which just joined the rankings, has 80, so they're within striking distance.

1 through 25, plus some others

interesting we hung on.....I think Rutgers is benefitting this year from conference affiliation. I am assuming that there are more writers voting from the Midwest Big 10 country and they seem to stick up for their conferences moreso than over in this part of the northeast. I couldn't imagine there were many AAC beat writers or even BE beat writers. I find the Big 10 coverage and fans actually to be more supportive of fellow conference schools than the BE whose schools generally were at each others throats

Originally posted by bac2therac:

interesting we hung on.....I think Rutgers is benefitting this year from conference affiliation. I am assuming that there are more writers voting from the Midwest Big 10 country and they seem to stick up for their conferences moreso than over in this part of the northeast. I couldn't imagine there were many AAC beat writers or even BE beat writers. I find the Big 10 coverage and fans actually to be more supportive of fellow conference schools than the BE whose schools generally were at each others throats
I think you're right about B1G fans supporting each other - as long as you don't find yourself somewhere between Ann Arbor and Columbus.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I started watching the Big Ten network two years ago, so I became familiar with many of the coaches and players. There are many games being broadcast that I watch besides Rutgers.

The Big East maybe had a game of the week plus a UConn rout, and not much else.

Of course this is off topic but from a fan's point of view, geography aside, this league is easier to follow and has some several good teams. BTN plus is well worth the money; if you can stomach the homer announcers and replays you can enjoy a quality broadcast with a clear picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT