ADVERTISEMENT

Are We Sending Any Wrestlers To Midlands?

That's disappointing. It seems like the RS wrestled less this year than previous years.

That's disappointing. It seems like the RS wrestled less this year than previous years.
Remember if your a RS you have to go to these Tournaments on your own dime. Traveling to Chicago and spending 3 nights there would be very expensive and probably why you dont see any of our RS/backups there.

Reactions: Leonard23
Remember if your a RS you have to go to these Tournaments on your own dime. Traveling to Chicago and spending 3 nights there would be very expensive and probably why you dont see any of our RS/backups there.

I know but last year a bunch of guys went (Janzer, MVB, Robinson, etc) so it's obviously doable in the right situation, plus we didn't send anyone to the Wilkes Open in PA this year either. It just appears that these guys are actually wrestling less in actual competitions so far but maybe there is a reason for that.

Looks like Rob is going to the Scuffle unattached which is great to see.

Can't wait to see Brands Jr. get his clocked cleaned from Lujan, if Brands can make it to the finals. :Fist: :FistBump:

Lee MFs out of the Midland semis, I guess he didn't want to face Glory in the finals.

Why would he even enter the tournament if he didn't plan on finishing it?

giphy.gif

Lee MFs out of the Midland semis, I guess he didn't want to face Glory in the finals.

Why would he even enter the tournament if he didn't plan on finishing it?

giphy.gif

Agreed, very strange. Lee won the nationals, why wouldn't he wrestle Glory?

TBH I didn't think Lee was even going to enter at Midlands after the Senior Nationals, so I was surprised he even did so. I'm sure this is just load management, but the optics look poorly and it just seems like he is ducking tough competition which is crazy because he literally just beat much better wrestlers last weekend.

Luckily we have Seth Gross vs. SeaBas to take up slack
and the winner facing Desanto (Most likely)

Lee would favored in the match and wrestling Glory, win/lose, gives Glory information that could be used later on the national stage. It’s strategy, but it’s also annoying. Micic did the same thing to Suriano in the Big 10s last year. How did that work out?

Believe me, I'm NOT a Sqwawker apologist, but how does anyone know that he wasn't injured? Everyone in the arena and online knew that Lee would make the finals, so why would he have entered, if he wasn't injured?

Brands vs Wilkie in 184 pound consi's....
tied 1-1 in 3rd.....Iowa throws a challenge brick in 3rd period?

What the heck, doesn't the team only get so many challenges a tournament.
Why waste it there?

Brands vs Wilkie in 184 pound consi's....
tied 1-1 in 3rd.....Iowa throws a challenge brick in 3rd period?

What the heck, doesn't the team only get so many challenges a tournament.
Why waste it there?
Ironically, no bigger snoozefest than watching a Nelson Brands match. Pretty much wins 2-1, every time.

I don't think any TOP wrestler wants to dodge anyone.
They believe they can beat anyone in front of them.

Their coaches (on the other hand), might decide that they are not to wrestle that day.

Great Match by Gross vs Rivera
In review to determine if SeaBass has the reversal.
Thought Seabass had the better of the wrestling..Gross hit a 6 point move.

Call Reversed...Gross wins 8-7

Reactions: elvis7
3 matches in which 0-5 points were scored
I've watched exactly three of his matches, and these were the three that I watched.

Translation: he "keeps it close," and what I viewed, not perceived, was a boring wrestler who doesn't use much offense, as a typical Brands did.

Last edited:
Glory is fortunate to even make the finals. He had a very tough match in the semi finals. He was losing by a point and got to SV because of borderline full nelson penalty,and then just as his opponent was close to winning in SV, he got hurt and Forfeited out.

Brandon Paetzall also took Glory to SV.

Lee looks tremendous right now, and his performance at Senior Nationals was tremendous as well.

IMO, Lee easily Majors Glory.

Last edited:
I know it's done for "fan effect," but I can never help but wonder how the, in this case, 141 pound finalists feel how people view the importance of their match, when they are selected as the first match of the finals, with the "marquee" being the matches that should have come before the 141 match?

Just comes off as odd to me, given the fact that they are probably pretty proud to be finalists.

That Gross/DeSanto match was full of scrambles. I don't think DeSanto lost and I'm surprised Brands wasn't going crazy over those 2 backs and lack of stalling on Gross.

Lee's MF was ridiculous. After pinning 2 and teching 1, his only illness was ducking Glory. Weak and bad for the sport.

Lee's MF was ridiculous. After pinning 2 and teching 1, his only illness was ducking Glory. Weak and bad for the sport.
Do we know that he wasn't injured or something?

Again, no Sqwawker fan, but I've seen it happen too many times where people claim, "duck," only to learn that there was a legitimate reason for the person to default.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT