ADVERTISEMENT

Ash to NC State as DC?

RUinPinehurst

All American
Aug 27, 2011
NCSU just fired its DC. HC Dave Doeren may just bring in his old buddy Ash. They have a history. Good move for the Wupped Pack?

Both gigs mean working under coaches on the hot seat if they don’t get it done next year. But I guess that’s why you have to demand a multiyear deal as a coordinator.

Reactions: cicero grimes
either way - hopefully there's interest from multiple teams to drive up his contract value... Ash seems to respect and appreciate his time here so hopefully his agent doesn't broker a way below market value contract.

Either way nice to see he is hungry for work and not sitting home licking his woumds

Ash does not okay an aggressive style of Defense or ST. If you have avoid D line that can bring pressure without additional support you will better off. We didn't, so sacks were a rarity.

Disagree. You could be a D co-coordinator at OSU with that talent + he had lost to Flood when he was on the Arky staff.
NC St and UT Austin coaches know what they are doing. I'd defer to them. Also, one could say Schiano underachieved with that talent at Ohio St.

Last edited:
either way - hopefully there's interest from multiple teams to drive up his contract value... Ash seems to respect and appreciate his time here so hopefully his agent doesn't broker a way below market value contract.

I believe it is common place to have the greater of actual or the market rate as the offset so no advantage to broker a lower amount to Ash. To the school who hires him there would be, but then Ash's agent would / should not agree to less than market or his client losses money.

NC St and UT Austin coaches know what they are doing. I'd defer to them. Also, one could say Schiano underachieved with that talent at Ohio St.
They do or are they just friends with Ash? If they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be on the verge of being fired next season.

whatever... who cares.. go get a job somewhere crASH and give us some cash back.. that's all I care about...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT