ADVERTISEMENT

Athan transferred because he played poorly at Purdue

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
PJ : “There were balls that were a foot off, the balls you throw are a foot behind where it gets knocked out. Ball gets thrown at somebody's feet. I thought Athan made some great throws again tonight.”

“We had 400 yards of offense. I thought Athan did a really good job, at times, of standing in there and delivering really accurate passes. Again, it's just the word consistency. The consistency piece is what we're not very good at right now.”

“As recently as before the Purdue game he was row the boat, Ski-U-Mah, all on board," Wolfson said this week on Skor North's Mackey & Judd show. "So what changed? Well, they got their ass kicked in West Lafayette. Which, Purdue is rock bottom, so when you lose that game you become rock bottom. But there were some public words, I don't know how many people were in the room, but there was a heated conversation, well more so a one-sided conversation, where P.J. was pointing out stuff about Athan in front of others."

His Purdue Stats:
18 of 42 for 292 yards
42.8% Completion Rate

That said, Athan should play much better for Rutgers:
  • Kyle Monangai will make it easier for Athan to be more successful as a strong running game will facilitate the passing game ; Minnesota lacked this last year
  • Minnesota QBs were sacked 26 times whereas Rutgers QBs were sacked 14 times
  • With Miller, Dremel, Brantley, Black, Duff, Long, Toure, Braithwaite, Fletcher, Konopka, and others, Rutgers receiving Corp is deeper and more talented than what Minnesota had last year
  • With a better supporting cast, and Kirk as his OC, he has played well. Against Wisconsin in 2022, he threw for 319 yards and 2 TDs on 19 of 29 passing
  • If he can bottle up that Wisconsin performance, and multiply it by 12 games, we will win all our games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.