ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament Thread

Poz doesn't look right. Have to wonder if that concussion is still lingering. He was wobbly and out of it at times.
He’s been off ever since that great freshman year. He’s a small 197 so he’s gonna struggle with the better guys, just like Soldano.

Reactions: mikemessner
He’s been off ever since that great freshman year. He’s a small 197 so he’s gonna struggle with the better guys, just like Soldano.
Don’t forget that season there were a lot of guys missing nationals because of Olympic redshirts and Ivy’s not competing. He’s probably always been a top 10-20 wrestler including right now but we probably set our expectations high because he took 4th in a weird year.

Don’t forget that season there were a lot of guys missing nationals because of Olympic redshirts and Ivy’s not competing. He’s probably always been a top 10-20 wrestler including right now but we probably set our expectations high because he took 4th in a weird year.
I agree he seems to struggle with the bigger 197s ie Geog, Joles. I thought even from Match 1 he looked a little off but then he looked great against Smith. Not sure what to make of it. Qualify tomorrow and get 2 more weeks to get if together.

White loses his 3rd match of the night and finishes the tournament 13/14th
Pretty sure he’s scored 0 offensive points in three matches. He’s been absolutely brutal.

White loses his 3rd match of the night and finishes the tournament 13/14th
Really fell far this year. Sounds like a great and smart kid but just not good enough to compete af this level. Thought after RS he would be good but has gone downhill. He really has zero offense besides a straight on shot. He has no turns, cant really ride and can’t scramble. Onward and Upward.

Could call up Sammy Alvarez and ask him if he wants to wrestle 165
Magic Johnson GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Kerkvliet is a monster
Me and a couple buddies are watching, one guy walks in the room as the match is about to start and says, "What in the fvck is that? The guys like a foot and a half taller than the Rutgers kid. It looks like Andrea the Giant's kid?"

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Attendance seems kinda light for the semis at MD. I remember Rutgers being pretty full in 2020. Also, not a fan of our black and white shorts singlets look. Bring back the good singlets from the Ashnault and Suriano championship season.
We were just talking about the year we hosted the tournament earlier. Packed house for all rounds just as the COVID outbreak hit. A week later the world was shut down.

We were just talking about the year we hosted the tournament earlier. Packed house for all rounds just as the COVID outbreak hit. A week later the world was shut down.
Yeah that was a great time. Nice lunch break at Rutgers Club to watch basketball game.
12k+ there apparently. Their building sits like 18k
Yeah no chance even close to that. Place has looked very empty all day.
I’m curious about the team scores, but I can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know a link to that, or have the information?
Team Scores
Functions
Printed on 03/09/2024 09:06 p.m.

Team Scores
Penn State​
136.0​
Michigan​
105.5​
Nebraska​
89.0​
Iowa​
88.5​
Ohio State​
78.5​
Rutgers​
71.5​
Minnesota​
66.0​
Wisconsin​
43.0​
Purdue​
36.0​
Maryland​
31.0​
Indiana​
29.0​
Illinois​
28.0​
Michigan State​
19.5​
Northwestern​
14.5​

Hopefully we hit the portal hard for 165 and see Harer at 157 or RS.
I'd go after Askey at Appy State, as he'll probably graduate this year with 1 year left, and see if you can level him up, but I doubt he's interested in transferring. Doubt we have $ for anyone higher.

Yeah that was a great time. Nice lunch break at Rutgers Club to watch basketball game.

Yeah no chance even close to that. Place has looked very empty all day.

Team Scores
Functions
Printed on 03/09/2024 09:06 p.m.

Team Scores
Penn State​
136.0​
Michigan​
105.5​
Nebraska​
89.0​
Iowa​
88.5​
Ohio State​
78.5​
Rutgers​
71.5​
Minnesota​
66.0​
Wisconsin​
43.0​
Purdue​
36.0​
Maryland​
31.0​
Indiana​
29.0​
Illinois​
28.0​
Michigan State​
19.5​
Northwestern​
14.5​
Were you there?

I'd go after Askey at Appy State, as he'll probably graduate this year with 1 year left, and see if you can level him up, but I doubt he's interested in transferring. Doubt we have $ for anyone higher.
Did his brother wrestle at Virginia

I hate Penn State as much or more than anyone. But if he is really done due to injury that would really suck for the kid.
Starocci is a troll. I don’t think he would travel to Maryland just to put 2 losses on his record and then say he’s done for the year two weeks before the tournament even begins.

Starocci is a troll. I don’t think he would travel to Maryland just to put 2 losses on his record and then say he’s done for the year two weeks before the tournament even begins.
That's why I said "IF"...

And posting from State College. Gets upsets and leaves his team behind. PSU fans rationalizing his behavior is hilarious. At any other team “this would never happen at Penn State”…..

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT