ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/6 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS***RUTGERS PROJECTED 11 SEED***

Maryland will slide but who can pass them besides 29 Virginia and 30 Indiana?

31 Michigan State lost
32 Auburn lost
33 Memphis beat weak UCF by 5.
34 Miami lost
35 Illinois didn't play today, done.
36 North Texas lost
37 Oral Roberts season over
38 Rutgers lost
As expected, Maryland falls to 30.

27 Indiana
28 Boise St
29 TCU

Rutgers back to 40, passed by Nevada and Iowa overnight.

why are they underdogs today
I'd be interested in hearing what @fluoxetine has to say, too...but I had FAU as a 1.5 point favorite in that one today. I passed on playing it for now as it sits at +2.5, but if it makes it to 3, I'll be on FAU. I'm really staying away because of the motivation edge for UAB today. Sure, winning a conference title is great, but UAB is playing for their NCAA lives and has been playing well lately (though they almost let it slip away yesterday).

are we really behind boise and utah state? i get if utah state wins we would be. Also miss state too? I guess it’s close

who is utah states best win? boise? they also lost to them by 22. They didn’t play anyone out of conference ? we have like 7 or 8 wins better than their best win. they also lost to a horrible smu team as well. boise at least has beaten a and m on a neutral floor and san diego state at home. Utah state to me is a paper tiger especially if they lose today

Michigan is a NIT team and we lost to Purdue by 5.

Committee isn't going to drill down and look at an improved lineup
They probably aren’t even going to notice Mag’s absence for this reason to be honest. 24 mpg isn’t even necessarily starter minutes. He added a lot of intangibles. You think the committee isn’t going to drill to look at improved line up but will take note of intangibles we lost from a role player paper guy? Not seeing it.

He went out in the first half of the Michigan State game. Can’t ignore that one. He was a role player on the roster from a paper perspective. We didn’t lose a “star”. Teams go through ups and downs all season. We ended with 2 solid showings.

The way we lost Minny got national attention. Mag wasn’t helping us win that game. Everyone and their mother knows that. We were up 12+ most of the game. We turned the ball over and they couldn’t miss from 3 AND Cam missed a critical FT along with I think Caleb. All those things had to happen for us to lose and Mag had nothing to do with any of them. He’s a terrible ball handler. Would not have helped us avoid those stupid turnovers.
you must think highly of Hyatt and Oskar

are we really behind boise and utah state? i get if utah state wins we would be. Also miss state too? I guess it’s close

who is utah states best win? boise? they also lost to them by 22. They didn’t play anyone out of conference ? we have like 7 or 8 wins better than their best win. they also lost to a horrible smu team as well. boise at least has beaten a and m on a neutral floor and san diego state at home. Utah state to me is a paper tiger especially if they lose today
Forget the 4 Q3 losses....

People are forgetting the fact...

We have a whopping 14 losses AND
We had a terrible OOC SOS

Our resume may look good for what the NCAA looks at.

Utah State has 7 losses
Boise State has 9 losses

UAB is better. Jordan "Jelly" Walker was hurt and now is healthy. If Walker wasn't hurt UAB might have FAU's resume.
This might be interesting. It would really suck if an undeserving FAU at large team is the cause of us having to play in Dayton.

Utah State has 7 losses
Boise State has 9 losses
yes but utah state hasn’t beaten anyone and lost to smu who i believe is a Q3 loss at least.

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with a 30 win team going into the tournament and getting to bypass Dayton. Any mid-major should be in with that kind of win record.

As FIG said, we had our chance to control our destiny and we blew it. Time to move on and just hope for the best.

They are 2-5 in Q1. They beat Boise State 2X.

It really comes down how you evaluate their schedule.
imagine your best wins being boise. I believe those and oral roberts are their only wins vs teams projected in the field and that’s it. That is comically bad ; and they have an awful loss to smu to boot. take a look at their non conference ; they’ve played no one.

imagine your best wins being boise. I believe those and oral roberts are their only wins vs teams projected in the field and that’s it. That is comically bad ; and they have an awful loss to smu to boot. take a look at their non conference ; they’ve played no one.
Their non conference SOS absolutely obliterates ours......

A separate question is there a bias to SOS where west coast cupcakes are worse than their ratings and east coast cupckaes better than their ratings.

Their non conference SOS absolutely obliterates ours......

A separate question is there a bias to SOS where west coast cupcakes are worse than their ratings and east coast cupckaes better than their ratings.
because they didn’t play many quad 4 teams which i get but they still didn’t play anyone even as good as wake, seton hall and miami unless you count oral roberts or washingon state as those teams.

Utah State has 7 losses
Boise State has 9 losses
If either of those teams played a Big 10 schedule, their loss totals would probably double.

Reactions: Shell21
because they didn’t play many quad 4 teams which i get but they still didn’t play anyone even as good as wake, seton hall and miami unless you count oral roberts or washingon state as those teams.
I can't help you there comparing Utah Valley, Santa Clara, Bradley, Oral $ex, and Washington State with SHU, WF and Miami.

I can tell you what the NET or Bart says but I don't feel good hiding behind ratings that would support my point....they are just ratings

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with a 30 win team going into the tournament and getting to bypass Dayton. Any mid-major should be in with that kind of win record.

As FIG said, we had our chance to control our destiny and we blew it. Time to move on and just hope for the best.
Yeah uhm….we’re in barring a minor miracle…and likely a “bye.”

i don't want Dayton. I want to be #3 on last BYES to feel good we can stay a BYE after the thieves either make their hesit or be caught.
I don’t think anyone wants Dayton. If/when it happens I’m trying to be logical and say it was a retooling year and we can still say we made the tourney. Hoping that osu game means something here because it really should

Bradley, Santa Clara, and Utah Valley are all better than people realize (and just about as good as, or slighly better than, Wake Forest). They played a solid non-conference schedule...not a lot of marquee teams, but game after game against top 80-120ish squads.

It would be interesting to see
Agree, if even for one season. There really is no fair comparison. What sucks is the committee does have to decide. No matter which way they go SOMEBODY is pissed. It's a no win.

We go through this with football every year. Folks are like"you lost ten games, you suck!" . That's all well and good until you realize we basically play in the NFC Central in college football. The schedule is nearly a ranked team EVERY week. I invite any of the "great" football teams not SEC to jump in the water and see them not lose 5 +.

Forget the cumulative effects of getting hit by a truck every week.

I’d much rather be 20-13 and not be hoping the selection committee throws us a bone.
Well duh, lol. But they know how much that changed our record. We'd be a 9/10 seed right now with that win and don't deserve to be in Dayton because of it. Maybe I have too much faith in the committee, but I feel strongly about this one...

Well duh, lol. But they know how much that changed our record. We'd be a 9/10 seed right now with that win and don't deserve to be in Dayton because of it. Maybe I have too much faith in the committee, but I feel strongly about this one...
I agree. But counting on fairness isn't a good strategy. If it's us or the likes of a Duke? We're out. Can't leave your fate in the hands of an imperfect system.

Win Minny game (or a couple others) was the answer to leave no doubt. We failed. We now wait.

ADVERTISEMENT