ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

Duke blew out Syracuse twice. Especially after the UNC loss they're gonna be locked in, I'm not that worried about them handling the Orange tomorrow.

I half expect Syracuse to beat Duke, win the semifinal and then lose in the final, and then make the tournament as an at-large at 18-17 and avoid Dayton based on how they've been treated by the committee in recent seasons (they seriously should have made the NCAA like two times since 2014).

9-10 vs Q1/2 is not bad, have you seen the rest of the bubbles

they are trying to get clicks
No the one I watched wasn’t about clicks. Rutgers wasn’t singled out the way you
are thinking. Wasn’t like that. The Eye did separate short preview podcasts on Monday of each major conference tourney. The overall commentary on Rutgers in the BIG preview was very positive. Parrish said he was looking most forward to the BIG tourney of all the major tournies and mainly because of what a great story RU is this year. Just all of a sudden they got to the Iowa vs RU game and started talking about what our metrics would be with a loss. Hearing them put it the way they did really worried me. I think we all expected 4-3 to have us 10 spots higher in the NET than we are and now if a loss pushed us into the 80s it would be historic territory (albeit a short history).

No the one I watched wasn’t about clicks. Rutgers wasn’t singled out the way you
are thinking. Wasn’t like that. The Eye did separate short preview podcasts on Monday of each major conference tourney. The overall commentary on Rutgers in the BIG preview was very positive. Parrish said he was looking most forward to the BIG tourney of all the major tournies and mainly because of what a great story RU is this year. Just all of a sudden they got to the Iowa vs RU game and started talking about what our metrics would be with a loss. Hearing them put it the way they did really worried me. I think we all expected 4-3 to have us 10 spots higher in the NET than we are and now if a loss pushed us into the 80s it would be historic territory (albeit a short history).

The problem with some of the talking heads is they're focused just on the Q1 label as if all Q1 wins are the same.

Sorry, they're not, and I think this is why a lot of these ACC teams are in trouble. Beating Purdue isn't the same as beating Virginia Tech on the road and the committee isn't dumb. They're not going to weigh them the same.

The problem with some of the talking heads is they're focused just on the Q1 label as if all Q1 wins are the same.

Sorry, they're not, and I think this is why a lot of these ACC teams are in trouble. Beating Purdue isn't the same as beating Virginia Tech on the road and the committee isn't dumb. They're not going to weigh them the same.
Oh I don’t think they are the same. Also - it’s annoying that NET has no transparency - no raw score like RPI had. For all we know there are 10 schools tied with 0.0001 point ahead of us right now.

But that Southland commissioner had said in his podcast the committee is out there listening and absorbing perspectives. Can’t assume the committee won’t focus on the numbers more than they should.

Reactions: biker7766 and Zak57

we are not falling to 80 by losing to Iowa unless its by 30 points. They are now up to 15 in the NET....we figure to move up substantially by beating them on a neutral court..maybe 8-10 spots

Oh I don’t think they are the same. Also - it’s annoying that NET has no transparency - no raw score like RPI had. For all we know there are 10 schools tied with 0.0001 point ahead of us right now.

But that Southland commissioner had said in his podcast the committee is out there listening and absorbing perspectives. Can’t assume the committee won’t focus on the numbers more than they should.

the committee is also watching games not memorizing metric rankings

The one good point Palm made is that when the committee looks like a team that they determine to be good and see that the metrics are bad their reaction isn't "I must be wrong," it's "the metrics must be wrong."

I'm still of the mind that we are 100% in if we lose to Iowa. Absent just a massive number of bid stealers. Common sense prevails.

Virginia Tech, 1-5 vs Quad 1. Net 37. Only Quad 1 win, Miami. That is ugly. How does that make you feel that they will win in the NCAA tournament? Strong net but not a team that will challenge. They went 11-9 in the ACC. That tells me that the ACC was really weak.

Quad 1

Record: 1-5

L61-69Neutral(35)Memphis
L58-59Neutral(36)Xavier
L57-62Away(52)Dayton
L65-76Away(9)Duke
L68-78Away(33)North Carolina
W71-70Away(59)Miami (FL)

They don’t need to memorize anything. Just like the talking heads aren’t. They will be pulled up side by side on the deliberation board.

Will it be a focus point that ours is lower than the other bubblers? I would hope that wins against the field is more relevant when comparing teams who have had ample opportunities to beat good teams. But who knows.

Hey Bac, I know you don't like the Hall's chances of moving above the 8/9 line but would a loss to Georgetown drop them below it? Not that I want to lose, but I can think of worse things than falling to, say, the first 11 seed.

Good news is the ACC game should end quickly and the next one won't get pushed back too far.

Hey Bac, I know you don't like the Hall's chances of moving above the 8/9 line but would a loss to Georgetown drop them below it? Not that I want to lose, but I can think of worse things than falling to, say, the first 11 seed.

be tough for them to fall below the 9....again still a shot at moving to 7, Murray State could be an 8 and Marquette could slip to 8 too. Beat UConn

we are not falling to 80 by losing to Iowa unless its by 30 points. They are now up to 15 in the NET....we figure to move up substantially by beating them on a neutral court..maybe 8-10 spots looks to be a big movement day in the NET for us.

We wouldn’t be falling to 80 because of losing to Iowa. We probably don’t move much at all with a loss. But today is a big day for us in the NET with potential movement in either direction.

Lots of opponents playing on neutral floors. If they win - we move up. If they lose, they don’t play again so it means less opportunity for upward movement without us winning too. Right now I think we ought to be less concerned about DePaul and Clemson stealing bids. We could really use for them to win and Seton Hall to DePaul especially would be huge with St Johns sitting at 72.

Also lots of teams close to us in the NET playing today. If WVU wins a close one, KState and WVU could both be ahead of us tomorrow AM. Vandy and VA could pass us with a win too.

We wouldn’t be falling to 80 because of losing to Iowa. We probably don’t move much at all with a loss. But today is a big day for us in the NET with potential movement in either direction.

Lots of opponents playing on neutral floors. If they win - we move up. If they lose, they don’t play again so it means less opportunity for upward movement without us winning too. Right now I think we ought to be less concerned about DePaul and Clemson stealing bids. We could really use for them to win and Seton Hall to DePaul especially would be huge with St Johns sitting at 72.

Also lots of teams close to us in the NET playing today. If WVU wins a close one, KState and WVU could both be ahead of us tomorrow AM. Vandy and VA could pass us with a win too.

and they will fall with losses in their next game,

we are not falling to 80 by losing to Iowa unless its by 30 points. They are now up to 15 in the NET....we figure to move up substantially by beating them on a neutral court..maybe 8-10 spots
And if we lose by 10 or less; what would you guess the NET is?

and they will fall with losses in their next game,
No - they may not. For the same reason we won’t fall to Iowa . Look at the teams we are talking about. St Johns, for example, would be playing Villanova….

That’s why after hearing Parrish I started thinking maybe we have to be more worried about the stupid NET than I originally thought. 80+ would be a big problem.

I'm still of the mind that we are 100% in if we lose to Iowa. Absent just a massive number of bid stealers. Common sense prevails.

Virginia Tech, 1-5 vs Quad 1. Net 37. Only Quad 1 win, Miami. That is ugly. How does that make you feel that they will win in the NCAA tournament? Strong net but not a team that will challenge. They went 11-9 in the ACC. That tells me that the ACC was really weak.

Quad 1

Record: 1-5

L61-69Neutral(35)Memphis
L58-59Neutral(36)Xavier
L57-62Away(52)Dayton
L65-76Away(9)Duke
L68-78Away(33)North Carolina
W71-70Away(59)Miami (FL)

Rutgers = lock.

No - they may not. For the same reason we won’t fall to Iowa . Look at the teams we are talking about. St Johns, for example, would be playing Villanova….

That’s why after hearing Parrish I started thinking maybe we have to be more worried about the stupid NET than I originally thought. 80+ would be a big problem.

They either like this or they don't..the NET being 72 rather than 78 will not change that

Not necessarily because they don't exist it a vacuum but its pretty damging.

Remember they still are 23-9 with a decene NET even if the nitty gritty shows little

I can't see them in with a loss here. 1 Q1 win over a team that's not in the field and a SOS over 338 in the non-conference?

They'll be in the NIT. I think they're headed there anyway.

Boy these teams are bad

Wake doesn't pass the eye test
Their ACC POTY hasn't done anything. They kinda messed around like this against NC State in their last game and ended up winning by 25. I suspect they'll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT