ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

A win over Lafayette is probably the difference between NET #76 and #46-36, the committee probably knows it too.
Interesting analysis. Heck, even a leap of 25 places with the rest of our resume would put the bad metric concerns to rest.

How many places did Lafayette cost us? There is no way of exactly tracking because it was before the NET was released. 70.2, 84.4, -14.2.

322 St. Francis(NY) won @ 133 St Peters(15-11) 71-69, Dec 8
St Peters 244 to 294(-50), St. Francis 343 to 325, 82.0, 106.6, -24.6

319 C.Michigan won @ 129 Kent St 72-69, Dec 29
C.Mich 341 to 330, Kent St 160 to 218(-58), 88.9, 106.6, -17.7

Kansas City won at home vs Omaha 64-61, OEff 72.5 DEff 87.2 -14.7, Jan 10
KC dropped -18, 201 to 219.

A win over Lafayette is probably the difference between NET #76 and #46-36, the committee probably knows it too.

I do not think its 30 points...but probably we would be somewhere in the 50s now. The NET rating wouldnt matter at all if we hadnt lost to Lafayette, we could be 70 and they would only have one truly bad loss and that UMass.

I do not think its 30 points...but probably we would be somewhere in the 50s now. The NET rating wouldnt matter at all if we hadnt lost to Lafayette, we could be 70 and they would only have one truly bad loss and that UMass.
Are we replacing the loss to Lafayette with a 1 point win, or with a 20 point win like we should have been able to beat them by?

3/9 UPDATE

1 SEEDS
  • GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • BAYLOR
  • KANSAS*

2 SEEDS
  • AUBURN*
  • KENTUCKY
  • DUKE*
  • VILLANOVA

3 SEEDS
  • PURDUE
  • TENNESSEE
  • WISCONSIN
  • TEXAS TECH

4 SEEDS
  • ILLINOIS*
  • PROVIDENCE*
  • UCLA
  • CONNECTICUT

5 SEEDS
  • ARKANSAS
  • TEXAS
  • LSU
  • ALABAMA

6 SEEDS
  • HOUSTON*
  • IOWA
  • OHIO STATE
  • SAINT MARY'S

7 SEEDS
  • COLORADO STATE
  • MICHIGAN STATE
  • MARQUETTE
  • MURRAY STATE

8 SEEDS
  • BOISE STATE
  • SETON HALL
  • USC
  • IOWA STATE

9 SEEDS
  • TCU
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
  • NORTH CAROLINA
  • CREIGHTON

10 SEEDS
  • LOYOLA CHICAGO*
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • DAVIDSON*
  • MICHIGAN

11 SEEDS
  • MEMPHIS
  • NOTRE DAME
  • MIAMI
  • RUTGERS
12 SEEDS
  • NORTH TEXAS*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • XAVIER/INDIANA
  • WYOMING/WAKE FOREST
13 SEEDS
  • CHATTANOOGA*
  • TOLEDO*
  • IONA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
14 SEEDS
  • VERMONT*
  • PRINCETON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
15 SEEDS
  • LONG BEACH STATE"
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*

16 SEEDS
  • JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/ALCORN STATE*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/NICHOLLS STATE*

FINAL 4 BYES

MEMPHIS
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI
RUTGERS (last bye)

LAST 4 IN

INDIANA
WAKE FOREST
WYOMING
XAVIER

LAST 4 OUT

BYU
SMU
VCU
OKLAHOMA

NEXT FOUR OUT

FLORIDA
DAYTON
VIRGINIA
TEXAS A&M

ON THE FRINGES

VIRGINIA TECH
SAINT BONAVENTURE
OREGON
COLORADO

Not many changes, just an update to show the new additions due to conference tourney results. Also slipped San Fran from a 9 to 10 following their loss to Gonzaga. A few schools in action tonight that are important but tomorrow things really begin in earnest

Xavier and Wake are in almost must win situations today

I saw that Oregon will be without their top scorer Will Richardson for their tourney. Not sure that Oregon St has enough to beat them even without him but I would think a loss today sinks any chances of Oregon getting in.
Chance for our old friend Jacob to shine.

I saw that Oregon will be without their top scorer Will Richardson for their tourney. Not sure that Oregon St has enough to beat them even without him but I would think a loss today sinks any chances of Oregon getting in.
Oregon needs to win the autobid to get in.

Oregon State is 3-27. Losing to them would eliminate Oregon, who is currently on the outside looking in.

KC -9.5 Omaha, 64-61 (-6.5)
Kent St -16 CMU, 69-72 (-19)
Rutgers -19 Lafayette, 51-53 (-21)
St Peters -13.0 St Fran(NY), 60-71 (-24)

2/19 Toledo won @ home CMU, 68-66, +2, -20 (-18)
They lost 7 NET spots, Off 90.0, DEff 104.1 (-14.1)

Reactions: goru7
Oregon needs to win the autobid to get in.
I agree.
The bracket actually set up poorly for them. If they were on the other side with the chance for wins against UCLA and USC before the finals maybe they make an argument. Then need to win the PAC12 to get in at this point. One win over AZ does not do it for them.

NDSU-SDSU will be a fun one.

SDSU averages over 87ppg and shoots 45% flat from 3. Their one issue is size and NDSU has a couple of stud 6’10+ guys who can really stroke it
3/9 UPDATE

1 SEEDS
  • GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • BAYLOR
  • KANSAS*

2 SEEDS
  • AUBURN*
  • KENTUCKY
  • DUKE*
  • VILLANOVA

3 SEEDS
  • PURDUE
  • TENNESSEE
  • WISCONSIN
  • TEXAS TECH

4 SEEDS
  • ILLINOIS*
  • PROVIDENCE*
  • UCLA
  • CONNECTICUT

5 SEEDS
  • ARKANSAS
  • TEXAS
  • LSU
  • ALABAMA

6 SEEDS
  • HOUSTON*
  • IOWA
  • OHIO STATE
  • SAINT MARY'S

7 SEEDS
  • COLORADO STATE
  • MICHIGAN STATE
  • MARQUETTE
  • MURRAY STATE

8 SEEDS
  • BOISE STATE
  • SETON HALL
  • USC
  • IOWA STATE

9 SEEDS
  • TCU
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
  • NORTH CAROLINA
  • CREIGHTON

10 SEEDS
  • LOYOLA CHICAGO*
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • DAVIDSON*
  • MICHIGAN

11 SEEDS
  • MEMPHIS
  • NOTRE DAME
  • MIAMI
  • RUTGERS
12 SEEDS
  • NORTH TEXAS*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • XAVIER/INDIANA
  • WYOMING/WAKE FOREST
13 SEEDS
  • CHATTANOOGA*
  • TOLEDO*
  • IONA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
14 SEEDS
  • VERMONT*
  • PRINCETON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
15 SEEDS
  • LONG BEACH STATE"
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*

16 SEEDS
  • JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/ALCORN STATE*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/NICHOLLS STATE*

FINAL 4 BYES

MEMPHIS
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI
RUTGERS (last bye)

LAST 4 IN

INDIANA
WAKE FOREST
WYOMING
XAVIER

LAST 4 OUT

BYU
SMU
VCU
OKLAHOMA

NEXT FOUR OUT

FLORIDA
DAYTON
VIRGINIA
TEXAS A&M

ON THE FRINGES

VIRGINIA TECH
SAINT BONAVENTURE
OREGON
COLORADO

Not many changes, just an update to show the new additions due to conference tourney results. Also slipped San Fran from a 9 to 10 following their loss to Gonzaga. A few schools in action tonight that are important but tomorrow things really begin in earnest

Xavier and Wake are in almost must win situations today

Can see Iowa as higher seed than both Bama and LSU
Would love a rematch at Houston. Really can’t tell if St. Mary’s is good.

Houston with that NET falls to 6?

Seems like a big day for us for some potential NET movement. Bunch of opponents playing 50 / 50 type games.

Do yourselves a favor and skip today's CBS Podcast. Just ridiculous ****ing takes.

Norlander says he's not even sure Rutgers is in with a win over Iowa. This is a WILD take that only a slave to the NET could have and even then it's dumb.

Palm says they need to beat Iowa because it's a win away from home. (Meanwhile Rutgers went 4-6 on the road in the Big Ten. Michigan was 5-5, Indiana was 3-7.)

For some reason they absolutely REFUSE to actually compare Rutgers to a Wake Forest or an SMU or a VCU resume.

Do yourselves a favor and skip today's CBS Podcast. Just ridiculous ****ing takes.

Norlander says he's not even sure Rutgers is in with a win over Iowa.

Palm says they need to beat Iowa because it's a win away from home. (Rutgers went 4-6 on the road in the Big Ten. Michigan was 5-5, Indiana was 3-7.)

For some reason they absolutely REFUSE to actually compare Rutgers to a Wake Forest or an SMU or a VCU resume.
Palm said we're currently the second most annoying fanbase behind UNC. So proud.

Norlander says he's not even sure Rutgers is in with a win over Iowa. This is a WILD take that only a slave to the NET could have and even then it's dumb.

Palm says they need to beat Iowa because it's a win away from home. (Meanwhile Rutgers went 4-6 on the road in the Big Ten. Michigan was 5-5, Indiana was 3-7.)

Palm isn’t part of it. It’s Parrish and Norlander. It’s one of the most followed podcasts and stinks for us the way they changed their view of us mid segment from looking at the damn computer numbers.

Palm isn’t part of it. It’s Parrish and Norlander. It’s one of the most followed podcasts and stinks for us the way they changed their view of us mid segment from looking at the damn computer numbers.
Norlander loves to read off our team sheet metrics but won't actually say "these are the other bubble teams, I will take Team X over Rutgers and here's why." If you're going to say Rutgers is out then you have to tell me who's in over them and why.

And if your answer is Memphis or VCU because they lost games without DeAndre Williams or Ace Baldwin then I want the Lafayette and UMass games stricken from our resume because of Geo getting hurt.

Norlander loves to read off our team sheet metrics but won't actually say "these are the other bubble teams, I will take Team X over Rutgers and here's why." If you're going to say Rutgers is out then you have to tell me who's in over them and why.

And if your answer is Memphis or VCU because they lost games without DeAndre Williams or Ace Baldwin then I want the Lafayette and UMass games stricken from our resume because of Geo getting hurt.
If the selection process eliminates a team like Rutgers based on the sins of the early season, there is no way to regard it as a legitimate "Championship" competition.

Full stop.

This must be a different one if it was today. I’m thinking of the one from Monday. Norlander is another dope but Parrish is respected and often spot on. That guy predicted a top half BIG finish for RU on a December Eye podcast in 2019. Norlander laughed at him.

On the Eye Monday, Parrish takes back his original prediction of us making the field after reviewing our computer numbers.

This must be a different one if it was today. I’m thinking of the one from Monday. Norlander is another dope but Parrish is respected and often spot on. That guy predicted a top half BIG finish for RU on a December Eye podcast in 2019. Norlander laughed at him.

On the Eye Monday, Parrish takes back his original prediction of us making the field after reviewing our computer numbers.
Yeah, they had Palm on today and it was bad.

also keep in mind, CBS has A10, Mountain West and AAC games, its in their best interests to push those schools, seen it all the time. but that he doesnt even do his homework with giving who these teams beat says it all

$MU is alway$ a worry.

AAC is always a worry because it seems like in the past the committee rewards this league...Tulsa back 4-5 years ago didnt deserve it but somehow got it. Last year Wichita with a net of 72 got in because they somehow won the regular season at 11-2 despite missing 5 games.

Best cases is that SMU goes down in the quarters of the AAC. Realistically they only have 2 wins over Memphis and one over Houston,

ok well that means the guy is looking for attention and clicks and he will gain notoriety by discrediting RU

if he actually said not getting in by beating Iowa he is full of shit and I will tell him on twitter

Reactions: biker7766 and cm_13
Buddy Boeheim sneakily punches someone in the stomach and nothing happens. The Cuse worry me as a bid thief in the awful ACC with a lot of their fans there.

Also, kind of funny listening to the ACC shills calling the game in disbelief that Wake is on the bubble.

Yeah, they had Palm on today and it was bad.
Palm’s insights never worry me. The way Parrish reacted to staring down at the numbers on a piece of paper did. He pointed out that if we don’t beat Iowa our metrics in every system will be worse than all the other bubblers. That it’s not just NET.

Before Monday I was mostly focused on bid stealers. Now I’m also rooting for outcomes that will help our NET.

Buddy Boeheim sneakily punches someone in the stomach and nothing happens. The Cuse worry me as a bid thief in the awful ACC with a lot of their fans there.

Also, kind of funny listening to the ACC shills calling the game in disbelief that Wake is on the bubble.
Syracuse emerging means that Wake and Miami went down early and that any win over Duke should be further discounted. I wouldn't want to be the loser of the Wake/Miami game if the winner proceeds to lose to Syracuse in the next round.

ok well that means the guy is looking for attention and clicks and he will gain notoriety by discrediting RU

if he actually said not getting in by beating Iowa he is full of shit and I will tell him on twitter
I’m really surprised to hear he said that. The Monday podcast started off with Parrish and Norlander discussing which of the 3 BIG bubblers would end up getting in. Both of them initially said Rutgers and Michigan. Then later in the podcast when the got to the match ups (it was the BIG tourney preview) they started talking about what a first round loss to Iowa would look like. Norlander pointed out that our Q1/2 record would fall to 9-10. Then they started talking about how our computer numbers would be worse than any other bubbler and went back and revised their original positions (on the basis that Iowa would likely be favored in a game against us).

I find it surprising that he would go from this position to projecting us not in with a win vs. Iowa. They didn’t talk about the posibility of Iowa losing on Thursday.

Im only half paying attention but don't think the FSU player made a big deal of it oddly enough

Go ST!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT