ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

It was uncanny, from the go ahead layup for Furman, dribbling down the court with no timeout, beating the defense and heaving up the three....just a little closer but otherwise deja vu

I'm not saying Gonzaga isn't a great team, they obviously are...but isn't it kind of easy psychologically when you literally never have to worry about losing once conference play starts.
They’re definitely great, if Holmgren’s knees stay in tact he’ll be All-NBA.

I’m just confused why in the world they’re almost unanimously ranked #1. Arizona has a far more impressive resume to me, Baylor probably does too honestly.

Does a huge blowout loss by SF drop them?
San Fran Dons may be wind up being the highest rated by NET to ever get snubbed if they don’t get an at large bid. Their NET will wind up in the 20’s no matter how badly they get beaten tonight.

San Fran Dons may be wind up being the highest rated by NET to ever get snubbed if they don’t get an at large bid. Their NET will wind up in the 20’s no matter how badly they get beaten tonight.
Another NET indictment - they should honestly get snubbed (but won’t). 9 losses and they beat…Davidson?

Hopefully they play IU or Michigan in the play-in and get smoked.

Maybe we play houston again this year in the first round and get our revenge

Also San Fran was missing a key player tonight. They will be a tough out for a Michigan St. Hope they dont get matched with Murray or a MWC school

Last edited:
Also San Fran was missing a key player tonight. They will be a tough out for a Michigan St. Hope they dont get matched with Murray or a WAC school
There is no chance San Francisco will get matched with a WAC school. Murray, MWC, A-10 possibly.

Bac ..okay let’s have some fun

Give me your big ten tourney take for Rutgers based on most outcomes

my take

Rutgers 12-8/18-12 heading into big ten tourney

Quarter final scanairos
-Lose to northwestern or Nebraska ….we are really sweating …50/50 to make it and definetly in Dayton if we get it . It would a nerve wracking 50 hours

-Lose to Iowa …we are still Sweating but a little better shape and in as 12 seed in first four in Dayton

-beat northwestern orNebraska and lose to Illinois-11 seed and avoid Dayton

-beat Iowa and lose to Illinois -10 seed

-Beat Iowa and Illinois and lose to Purdue in the finals ….8 seed

-win big ten championship by beating Iowa (7 seed), Illinois (4 seed) and Purdue (3 seed )
……6 seed

It’s kinda a shame the committee doesn’t put the weight on your finish like they used ro, as I kinda look at what Maryland did in 2003…going from bubble to 4 seed by winning the acc tourney over three high seeded ncaa teams

We won’t get that bump with the criteria change …but I think 15-8/21-12….sneaks us in the 6 line

The final doesn’t matter at all. Played way too late.

Reactions: bac2therac
St Marys wins! It almost feels as if the NET is rigged. Towson clogs in at 73 conveniently making the cut to keep the SF win in Q1 and keep RU at Q3 for BIG schools.

Quiet day today from a Rutgers perspective with none of today's games impacting the bubble/our seeding.

Of interest, Bryant plays in the NEC championship game tonight at 7 against Wagner. Winner will likely be in Dayton as one of the bottom 4 automatic qualifiers.

Reactions: bac2therac
Quiet day today from a Rutgers perspective with none of today's games impacting the bubble/our seeding.

Of interest, Bryant plays in the NEC championship game tonight at 7 against Wagner. Winner will likely be in Dayton as one of the bottom 4 automatic qualifiers.
Brain fart. Need coffee.

Last edited:
Wow, so if we somehow end up in Dayton, dare I say a rematch with Bryant (they missed a buzzer-beater at the RAC two years ago to beat us) but this time they have a one Peter "Shirtless" Kiss?! Would be an interesting side story for sure, the media would eat that up. Pete would be fired up to go against us even though you can tell from that recent article that he doesn't appear to have any bad feelings towards us and seems to have really liked Pike and staff and his teammates while here.
Huh? We would not be lined up to play Bryant.

Reactions: DirtyRU and RU23
Wow, so if we somehow end up in Dayton, dare I say a rematch with Bryant (they missed a buzzer-beater at the RAC two years ago to beat us) but this time they have a one Peter "Shirtless" Kiss?! Would be an interesting side story for sure, the media would eat that up. Pete would be fired up to go against us even though you can tell from that recent article that he doesn't appear to have any bad feelings towards us and seems to have really liked Pike and staff and his teammates while here.
We wouldn't play them. They'd play another mid-major conference tourney winner.

• Sad
Reactions: DirtyRU
The guys on CBS Eye on College BB podcast (Parrish and Norlander) said we probably need to beat Iowa due to our metrics.

• Angry
Reactions: DirtyRU

There are 2 games that matter for us today.

1) We’re obviously Clemson fans from here on in. We want them going as far as possible - starting today.

2) We want NDSU to beat SDSU. I hate seeing 5 loss mid-majors not get in, but without knowing how focused on the metrics the committee will be, best to root against all teams sitting ahead of us in the NET 60s /70s.

Reactions: cicero grimes
By the way - the theory that it’s not possible to move much in the NET unless you play a good teams was debunked yesterday. SDSU went from 72 to 64 by beating the NET 192 team.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

1) We’re obviously Clemson fans from here on in. We want them going as far as possible - starting today.

2) We want NDSU to beat SDSU. I hate seeing 5 loss mid-majors not get in, but without knowing how focused on the metrics the committee will be, best to root against all teams sitting ahead of us in the NET 60s /70s.
NDSU-SDSU will be a fun one.

SDSU averages over 87ppg and shoots 45% flat from 3. Their one issue is size and NDSU has a couple of stud 6’10+ guys who can really stroke it from 3.

Yes as to Clemson. No we want South Dakota State , who is the AQ, to eliminate a long shot bid stealer. BAC has them as a 12 seed.

Yes as to Clemson. No we want South Dakota State , who is the AQ, to eliminate a long shot bid stealer. BAC has them as a 12 seed.
They won’t be a long shot if they pick up a loss to the 192 team. There’s zero chance for them getting At Large.

Have a listen to the CBS podcast preview of the BIG tourney from Monday. Clearly there are plenty of experts that think the metrics could keep us out.

Another thing they point out on there is if we were to lose to Iowa we’d have a losing record vs. Q1 and Q2 on top of the crap computer numbers. That tells me we’re Nebraska fans tomorrow. A win could move them up a quad.

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766 and RU23
Bac says no chance SDSU gets at large

They won’t be a long shot if they pick up a lose to the 192 team. There’s zero chance for them getting At Large.

Have a listen to the CBS podcast preview of the BIG tourney from Monday. Clearly there are plenty of experts that think the metrics could keep us out.

Another thing they point out on there is if we were to lose to Iowa we’d have a losing record vs. Q1 and Q2 on top of the crap computer numbers. That tells me we’re Nebraska fans tomorrow. A win could move them up a quad.
They are 29-4 and 68 in Kenpom so those are borderline metrics. I agree they are a long shot and I usually agree with BAC on bracketology but it is not impossible. Why would you ever root for N. Dakota State who is 146 in Kenpom and is 23-9 and was not the 1 seed like So. Dakota Dtate ?

I know “conference standing doesn’t matter” but I hope this sentiment from The Athletic is common:

“Rutgers held on, though, which means it stays in place along the cut line — in the bracket, in our opinion, powered by all of those quality Big Ten wins down the stretch. This is the four seed in a pretty good Big Ten, which should tell you about the way this team’s season started, the ugly losses it picked up, and the job it has done to get itself (and keep itself) back in contention less than a week from Selection Sunday.”

They are 29-4 and 68 in Kenpom so those are borderline metrics. I agree they are a long shot and I usually agree with BAC on bracketology but it is not impossible. Why would you ever root for N. Dakota State who is 146 in Kenpom and is 23-9 and was not the 1 seed like So. Dakota Dtate ?
Because as dumb as it sounds, every spot we could move up in the NET might matter. We just don’t know how much relative weight the committee will place on it.

They won’t be a long shot if they pick up a loss to the 192 team. There’s zero chance for them getting At Large.

You have them mixed up with South Dakota. They were 72 in the NET and moved up to 64 today. You root for them to win to avoid being a bid stealer. Bracketology 101. A long shot yes but possible

Can anyone explain to me what the **** Joe Lunardi is doing?

Sunday night be publishes a list with Rutgers as one of the Last Four In. (link: )

Monday morning he publishes a seed list with Rutgers at #41, which is the top 11 seed (link: )

Tuesday morning he publishes a bracket with Rutgers back to being one of the Last Four In (link: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology)
image.png

So he's consistent from Sunday night to Tuesday morning, but Monday he had us an 11 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT