ADVERTISEMENT

Bac's First NCAA tourney analysis

New analysis with first pecking order will be up sometime tomorrow

recapping tonight

Virginia Tech punched their ticket by beating Duke in a great comeback late

Texas meanwhile bounced their way out of the tourney for now after racking up their 13th loss of the season at Kansas

Reactions: RocktheRac
there will be plenty of those schools in as 12s, 13s, and 14s that can win games

Not if they don’t win their tourney like ummmm Monmouth. Smaller schools have far less quadrant 1 opportunities and teams like Texas are still considered on the bubble with a dozen losses.

Bruce Rasmussen, the AD at Creighton, and the head of the selection committee, was just on local radio. He attended the NU/PSU game Sunday and he has been to 2 other NU home games in the last month.

He said "the quadrant and metrics is a very small piece to the entire puzzle". He said that if they were going to go by the numbers then there wouldn't be a committee, they would plug in the numbers and the best by the numbers after the auto bids would be put in and it's done. Data is surface level metrics without viewing what really happened. He said there has to be balance between teams metrics and what they show on the court.

At the end he also stated that his wife could do a better job than Lunardi. Haha

they say that but he is talking out of his butt...they spin things all the time, the rpi/.quadrant stuff is heavily used..one thing is clear, these things are important

1. body of work
2. non conference SOS
3. non conference wins
4. road wins

the eye test can certainly be used at some point and will come into play with Nebraska but in the biggest catagories Nebraska has fallen short except for road wins.,

they say that but he is talking out of his butt...they spin things all the time, the rpi/.quadrant stuff is heavily used..one thing is clear, these things are important

1. body of work
2. non conference SOS
3. non conference wins
4. road wins

the eye test can certainly be used at some point and will come into play with Nebraska but in the biggest catagories Nebraska has fallen short except for road wins.,

Rasmussen is not an NU “liker”. We are his direct competitor for getting donations.

I posted what I did for a FYI only. I don’t think NU gets in without getting he auto bid and it isn’t hard to tell why.

I also think NU loses the first game they play in the tourney. I really don’t care how they pick who goes and doesn’t. I follow the hoops team because it’s an NU sport and I go to a few games every year(PSU and Kansas this year) but really don’t matter to me what happens with them. My season tickets to hoops all get used so it fine however it goes.

I think if they beat Michigan and play a close game vs Michigan State in a loss they will get in. The schools that are the last 4 in have weak profiles from the Pac 12. Nebby with a good showing will clean up in the eye test over those schools that do not have great wins themselves

I think if they beat Michigan and play a close game vs Michigan State in a loss they will get in. The schools that are the last 4 in have weak profiles from the Pac 12. Nebby with a good showing will clean up in the eye test over those schools that do not have great wins themselves

NU won't be able to shoot with both hands wrapped around their necks. Ha This is a spot that Nebraska hoops typically fails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT