ADVERTISEMENT

Baker ankle

Carino reported it’s an “ankle injury”. When did he hurt his ankle in practice? Need him back healthy for Syracuse game. 2020- please go away!

Carino reported it’s an “ankle injury”. When did he hurt his ankle in practice? Need him back healthy for Syracuse game. 2020- please go away!

It was in the game. Came down on defenders foot after 3 attempt. Walked off court.

He’s out of the game , because he took a jumper in the corner and his left foot landed in the defender’s ankle. Do you know which ankle he rolled in practice ? Was it the left one?

Back on bench, but with crutches and no shoe on injured ankle. Hope it's nothing too serious

Shaking an ankle injury sucks, been there and hope his is minor.

Pike said bad ankle sprain and they ll know more tomorrow. I guess it’s what I expected. This could be several weeks which is not good given Syracuse comes here in 2 weeks and conference play starts in 3 weeks. Get well soon!

He’s out of the game , because he took a jumper in the corner and his left foot landed in the defender’s ankle. Do you know which ankle he rolled in practice ? Was it the left one?
They said it was the same one he hurt in practice.

Myles Powell had a real bad looking ankle injury against Stony Brook last season and played five days later against Michigan State.

Give him the week off and it should be fine. Rolling an ankle like that, in my personal experience, generally looks worse in the moment then it ends up being.

Myles Powell had a real bad looking ankle injury against Stony Brook last season and played five days later against Michigan State.

Give him the week off and it should be fine. Rolling an ankle like that, in my personal experience, generally looks worse in the moment then it ends up being.
Good point.....was thinking the same about an hour ago...let's hope Geo's good to go vs Syracuse on 12/8 and thus gives him about 2 weeks to fully heal.

The fact he was able to walk off the court, sit on the sideline for a few mins and walk to the locker room at half, all with no help make me think is it not a terrible sprain. Shouldn't need him until Syracuse based on how the team played today.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Hopefully since the initial indication was just tape it up...no streets clothes, etc it’s not seriously concerning. These things linger though. No McConnell hurts now, but would love to see what PM has running the show for a week with Young

Anyone else surprised that they were not icing/elevating the ankle after he came out to watch the second half? Has something changed on treating sprained ankles? Am I getting old??

Reactions: winfield102
Anyone else surprised that they were not icing/elevating the ankle after he came out to watch the second half? Has something changed on treating sprained ankles? Am I getting old??

That should tell you it’s likely not much to worry about.

Pretty sure he was wearing some sort of device that was forcing it to flex every few seconds, perhaps to stimulate blood flow and keep swelling down? Either that or he was flinching/flexing it on his own and timing it perfectly, ha.

Icing/wrapping is the absolute worst thing to do for a sprain like that.
"R.I.C.E" actually delays recovery.

Pretty sure he was wearing some sort of device that was forcing it to flex every few seconds, perhaps to stimulate blood flow and keep swelling down? Either that or he was flinching/flexing it on his own and timing it perfectly, ha.

This is best action.
Movement and blood flow allows the body to effectively heal itself.

It's great the med staff is using this course of action.

i am sure we should hear something tomorrow. I am thinking there is no chance he will play tomorrow or Sunday. I hope it is not too serious and Geo will be back for Syracuse.

Per Pike “Geo ain’t playing anytime soon”. On broadcast, they said he’s out indefinitely with goal for him to be back when conference play starts vs Maryland on December 14. Ugh. Though Pike was very pessimistic when Geo got hurt last year

Reactions: gregkoko
Per Pike “Geo ain’t playing anytime soon”. On broadcast, they said he’s out indefinitely with goal for him to be back when conference play starts vs Maryland on December 14. Ugh. Though Pike was very pessimistic when Geo got hurt last year
My comment in the game thread was that I hope he'll be ready for the MD game - the Cuse game might be a little soon and I'd rather be 100% on him being healthy for the B1G schedule - let's hope it doesn't take longer than that.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
My comment in the game thread was that I hope he'll be ready for the MD game - the Cuse game might be a little soon and I'd rather be 100% on him being healthy for the B1G schedule - let's hope it doesn't take longer than that.
Geo needs to come back when he’s 100%. Can’t risk re injuring the ankle. He’s still limping quite badly. Such a bummer but if a positive is to come out of this is the offensive growth / leadership of Harper; Jacob and Montez.

Reactions: bac2therac
Cuse didnt look too good today. We are still better than them even without Geo
They practiced only one time after their 14 day shutdown so don’t put much stock into what happened in their game vs. Bryant.

I desperately want to beat Boeheim but anyone who thinks that game won’t be very difficult is kidding themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT