ADVERTISEMENT

An Admission/Confession

It’s because people make shit up and stake the claims on their beliefs. They are mad at losing seasons and not making the tourney and massively blaming it all on Pike. They are also using winning coaches/programs to show how inept he is.
Does he have his flaws? Yes! I think he even realizes if he doesn’t change and win he will get run out of here.
What sh*t did I make up? You like losing seasons and not making the tourney? It’s Pikes ship, he deserves credit when there is success and deserves criticism when there’s not.

Actually I don’t think Hobbs will ever fire Pike or Schiano as long as they maintain mediocrity.

We don’t have any winning tradition to compare their results to and our fans are content with occasional success, in Schiano’s case ‘occasional’ defined as every 20 years,

Reactions: darkcheck
Actually I don’t think Hobbs will ever fire Pike or Schiano as long as they maintain mediocrity.

We don’t have any winning tradition to compare their results to and our fans are content with occasional success, in Schiano’s case ‘occasional’ defined as every 20 years,
It amazes me, in the working world I do something great I’m doing my job, I screw up the hammer gets dropped. But here we’re not even allowed to question the path of a football or basketball coach. As long as they are decent every 20 years or win an ncaa game every 30 they are completely beyond questioning or criticism. I never said I didn’t like Pike, but the crap I take for just making a remotely critical statement from mediocrity lovers is incredible.

Sounds like you need to find a better employer. 🤷

I work at a Fortune 50 company, and doing something great gets celebrated and rewarded.
Self employed now but you’re right I probably could have used some better employers in my past.

Reactions: RUChoppin
What sh*t did I make up? You like losing seasons and not making the tourney? It’s Pikes ship, he deserves credit when there is success and deserves criticism when there’s not.
Wasn’t talking about you specifically.

I hate losing More than anyone. I was pissed about how the end of last season and this season ended up in the toilet. I think Pike needs a lot of work in coaching aspects and I want to hold him to a higher standard.
He deserves criticam but it’s not all on him. The players we had this year were arguably all MAC or mid major type players outside of Cliff. Even with Cliff he is not an offensive juggernaut. We had a top 10 defense with those same players but defense is easier to coach. Swap our team with UConn’s and no one would complain about our offense as balls go through the hoop.

now ask any of my friends and they all know I have major gripes with Pikes coaching. I’m also realistic to understand what tools he has to work with. An optimist that he can change and continue to grow

Reactions: darkcheck
Another reason I can't watch is Cam, and because Uconn is contending for a repeat. I hate how that school has so much more success than we have had in all sports.
UConn is horrible in the sport that matters the most

I didn't watch Selection Sunday
I didn't fill out a bracket
I haven't watch a single NCAA game for longer than 5 minutes
I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of the tournament

I'm 45yo, and I've never been this disengaged with the NCCA tournament in decades. I think it's a combination of things.

1. The 2020-2022 tournament runs gave me the taste of Rutgers in the dance, and I know there were going to be years where Pike's squad wouldn't make it, but I was hoping for more than just 2 straight appearances (call me spoiled)
2. The 2023 collapse and seeing the last veterans of this "dynasty" fall short and then meekly fade away after one NIT game that nobody cared about. Just a lame, disappointing sendoff for them.
3. My dislike for this 2024 team and how the roster was stale with players I didn't care to see any more, and full of younger players who were so damn bad at shooting and finishing at the rim
4. I just want this season to be officially over. I just want to focus on the 2024-2025 team and the hope and excitement it will bring us.

I'm just making this post as a confession, hoping that I'm not alone in this Point of View.
This is a devastating loss for college basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Seen one game, you seen them all. One team wins, one loses. Fans of losing team say highly imaginative things like "Hard to win when it's five against eight"

absolutely, if that’s their preference. they are allowed to but you don’t think they should ? LOL. Egocentric much ?

It’s fine to transfer in to RU, but not out ?

Yes. If you were a Rutgers fan, you would understand this. Fans are fanatics at their core and being a fan often means you have to have a sometimes irrational rooting interest for the team you are affiliated with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT