ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Davis Resigns at Wisconsin

FoxRU

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2012
I hope we have Donny P. locked up financially. It would be a big blow to lose him.

Hope Donny stays. Can't blame him if he returns to the school where he won 2 national titles. Donny does not seem to be a guy that is motivated by money. Of course, it would be difficult to turn down a big raise. Don't see Wisconsin spending a lot of money for a wrestling coach.

Donny was a two-time NCAA champ at Wisky and Assistant coach for 7 I think. Wife is from there I think. He left because he thought he was getting the head job and Davis said he was staying as head guy. Tough call here. I know they love it here but who knows.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Donny was a two-time NCAA champ at Wisky and Assistant coach for 7 I think. Wife is from there I think. He left because he thought he was getting the head job and Davis said he was staying as head guy. Tough call here. I know they love it here but who knows.
Well Wednesday they'll get a reminder of what Wisconsin's like 8 months out of the year. It's imperative we keep Donny. A friendly reminder of that fact might be helpful Bill.:)

How much is Donny making here? Anyone know? We need to keep him. If Wisconsin won't pay big, we should pay what we have to. I am astounded at how little these guys make compared to their counterparts in other sports. Especially at the schools where wrestling is making revenue.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
I don't know if he is a candidate or not but if he were a candidate how could he possibly turn down that type of opportunity?

I don't know if he is a candidate or not but if he were a candidate how could he possibly turn down that type of opportunity?

Barry Alvarez isn't the easiest guy to work for, and I think I remember there was a bit of bad feelings when Pritzlaf left Wisconsin .

I will Donny if he stays I will take out his garbage in Westfield for a year!

Living in affluent , high tax Westfield, you both must be doing just fine!

I have to believe Hobbs will find a way to keep him in NJ and at Rutgers. I am sure there are some very good opportunities for ancillary income such as camps or simply a decent raise. The need to keep him here is obvious. A classic example and case for keeping a NJ bred person at home.

Reactions: RU93
Let's keep him here because he is doing a great job. Provincial thinking in hiring and recruiting by Rutgers has killed our athletic programs for decades. Think of it ... decades, not years. Get the best possible coaches and athletes. Limiting ourselves to NJ folks, or focusing on NJ folks first, is self-defeating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT