ADVERTISEMENT

Beningo and Roberts killed us today on WFAN

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
For about 10 minutes . It was harsh, but true . They actually watched the game and broke down the final couple minutes.

Beningo is a joke. A mets fan with the Madoff situation. Would he like the Mets to lose like 20 million in revenue? That is what we have right now. Purdue is getting at least 20 million more than us, and my figures are probably wrong. Jerry Kill was on BTN and his last comment was like I can't wait till we get the money.

Reactions: RU'70
Hire better coaches and kept improving the facilities. That is what I am talking about. 7 OC in seven years. When Ron Prince left we lost our shot at keeping Blacknall.

1. Rutgers football deserves whatever cheap shots it gets. 1-38 is 1-38.

2. Who cares what that clown has to say? He's basically hired to vent about Jets losses. That is funny, although it was better overnight just hours after a debacle. Otherwise, he's useless and not the least bit entertaining.

Who knows maybe EMU is better than people want to admit. They play Kentucky in two weeks

Reactions: tico brown
Who? And the OP is just reveling in the bad news. How many negative posts today? #LoserMentality

I don't know why you follow me around this board and reply to everything I seem to post.
It's not a negative post, I am telling people what happened.

Still funny that good or bad we are still in the conversation...

201405021613575112.jpg

Must drive some people crazy. LOL

You can have a good coach and football team and be in a crappy conference. We were good in 2006 and not in a top conference. Now that we are in a top conference we assume we should walk through any small conference opponent. But we know that's not the case from when WE were on the other side.

I hope we just cut our losses. 2nd straight year ASHE starts the least talented QB. In the games it looks like the guy is in pain. We have more talent to E. Michigan & lose. With 12 seconds left, no timeouts, I begged for them to kick it now. Just knew something was going to go wrong. The guy is so damn conservative in the games & when a conservative call was needed, he runs another play! A really bad game manager. BS he needs to learn. 2 million a year. You either have it or you don't.

I'm surprised they took time out from "Bro, bro, bro, Jets, Jets, Jets. Bro, bro, bro, Mets, Mets, Mets."

Reactions: newell138
I don't listen to any northeast sport writers seriously. They are hired for pro sports and do a little CFB on the side. There are people on this site that know more. Seriously.

Reactions: shields
Still funny that good or bad we are still in the conversation...

201405021613575112.jpg

Must drive some people crazy. LOL
Exactly right. It shows that Rutgers is on the radar of local sports commentators, and when we start playing well the press will instantly turn positive. We are such a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree that when we turn things around--even modestly--the media will root for us.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Purdue is getting at least 20 million more than us, and my figures are probably wrong. Jerry Kill was on BTN and his last comment was like I can't wait till we get the money.
If Kill did indeed say this...I am so disappointed. I sure hope the assertion isn't that we can't beat Eastern Michigan because we aren't getting paid B1G money. I don't know what a MAC school makes, but I'm certain even Big East money trumps that. Not having money to compete in the B1G...I don't agree fully, but I can accept that. Not having enough money to beat a MAC team? You gotta be kidding me.

Reactions: RU31trap
People who are more concerned about the criticism we receive rather than the reason for it just don't get it. You lose to EMU, you get bashed. Simple as that.

No problem with getting criticized by the media for a piss poor performance but not by our own fans who seem to get joy out of tearing down the program. The game is over; time to move on.

I hope we just cut our losses. 2nd straight year ASHE starts the least talented QB. In the games it looks like the guy is in pain. We have more talent to E. Michigan & lose. With 12 seconds left, no timeouts, I begged for them to kick it now. Just knew something was going to go wrong. The guy is so damn conservative in the games & when a conservative call was needed, he runs another play! A really bad game manager. BS he needs to learn. 2 million a year. You either have it or you don't.

At least spell the guy's name correctly. It's not complicated a name unless that is some sort of joke I'm not getting. You have no idea if Lewis is better.

Who knows maybe EMU is better than people want to admit. They play Kentucky in two weeks

Three weeks. They are idle this week, then host Ohio.

EMU actually has a pretty tough schedule for a MAC team. Army OOC is no pushover either. Will be interesting to see how they do, but I'm not expecting them to be last year's Western Mich. When said and done they are probably about 60th - 70th in ranking (perhaps an 8-4 team). Not a great team, not a good loss, but one you can expect from a Rutgers team that I think will be around 50th-60th (a big improvement from 2016 but still not a "good" team) and seems to have been caught in a "let-down" situation.

Saturday
Sep. 16 OFF
Saturday
Sep. 23 Ohio Bobcats
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 2:00pm ET
ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 30 at Kentucky Wildcats
Kroger Field, Lexington, KY Time TBA
TV TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 7 at Toledo Rockets
Glass Bowl, Toledo, OH Noon/3:30pm ET
CBSSN/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 14 at Army Black Knights
Michie Stadium, West Point, NY Noon ET
CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 21 Western Michigan Broncos (HC)
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI Time TBA
TV TBA Buy
Tickets

Thursday
Oct. 26 at Northern Illinois Huskies
Huskie Stadium, Dekalb, IL 7:00pm ET
CBSSN/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Thursday
Nov. 2 Ball State Cardinals
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 6:00pm ET
ESPNU/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Wednesday
Nov. 8 at Central Michigan Chippewas
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI 7/7:30/8pm ET
ESPN2/U/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Wednesday
Nov. 15 at Miami (OH) RedHawks
Yager Stadium, Oxford, OH 7/8pm ET
ESPN2/U/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Tuesday
Nov. 21 Bowling Green Falcons
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 7:00pm ET
ESPNU/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

If Kill did indeed say this...I am so disappointed. I sure hope the assertion isn't that we can't beat Eastern Michigan because we aren't getting paid B1G money. I don't know what a MAC school makes, but I'm certain even Big East money trumps that. Not having money to compete in the B1G...I don't agree fully, but I can accept that. Not having enough money to beat a MAC team? You gotta be kidding me.
He wouldn't have said that merely because we lost to EMU. He's a big-picture kind of guy, and he's looking at a broad array of disadvantages that are allayed with appropriate funds. He probably wasn't even alluding to the EMU game at all when making that comment.

If Kill did indeed say this...I am so disappointed. I sure hope the assertion isn't that we can't beat Eastern Michigan because we aren't getting paid B1G money. I don't know what a MAC school makes, but I'm certain even Big East money trumps that. Not having money to compete in the B1G...I don't agree fully, but I can accept that. Not having enough money to beat a MAC team? You gotta be kidding me.[/QUOTE
He wouldn't have said that merely because we lost to EMU. He's a big-picture kind of guy, and he's looking at a broad array of disadvantages that are allayed with appropriate funds. He probably wasn't even alluding to the EMU game at all when making that comment.

That's the way I'm looking at it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
The interview was three weeks ago not last week RUSK 97. And he was a head coach he should understand what the money can do.

You can have a good coach and football team and be in a crappy conference. We were good in 2006 and not in a top conference. Now that we are in a top conference we assume we should walk through any small conference opponent. But we know that's not the case from when WE were on the other side.

I get the point but 2006 isn't a year to use to state the BE wasn't a top conference. I think we ended up with 3 teams ranked inside the top 15 and all of our bowl teams won...

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

I am not going to criticize Ash two games into season 2.

We should expect to see vast improvement next season. At that time this discussion will be relevant, but not at this time IMO.

We have some real chicken little type fans who like to act up on this board to get attention.

I get the point but 2006 isn't a year to use to state the BE wasn't a top conference. I think we ended up with 3 teams ranked inside the top 15 and all of our bowl teams won...
The Big East conference was looked down upon by the top Conferences fan bases at the time (B1G,SEC,ACC,PAC,Big12). Agreed we played better football than most expected. EMU & MAC could be 2006 version of Big East.

The Big East conference was looked down upon by the top Conferences fan bases at the time (B1G,SEC,ACC,PAC,Big12). Agreed we played better football than most expected. EMU & MAC could be 2006 version of Big East.

:flushed:

Three weeks. They are idle this week, then host Ohio.

EMU actually has a pretty tough schedule for a MAC team. Army OOC is no pushover either. Will be interesting to see how they do, but I'm not expecting them to be last year's Western Mich. When said and done they are probably about 60th - 70th in ranking (perhaps an 8-4 team). Not a great team, not a good loss, but one you can expect from a Rutgers team that I think will be around 50th-60th (a big improvement from 2016 but still not a "good" team) and seems to have been caught in a "let-down" situation.

Saturday
Sep. 16 OFF
Saturday
Sep. 23 Ohio Bobcats
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 2:00pm ET
ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 30 at Kentucky Wildcats
Kroger Field, Lexington, KY Time TBA
TV TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 7 at Toledo Rockets
Glass Bowl, Toledo, OH Noon/3:30pm ET
CBSSN/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 14 at Army Black Knights
Michie Stadium, West Point, NY Noon ET
CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 21 Western Michigan Broncos (HC)
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI Time TBA
TV TBA Buy
Tickets

Thursday
Oct. 26 at Northern Illinois Huskies
Huskie Stadium, Dekalb, IL 7:00pm ET
CBSSN/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Thursday
Nov. 2 Ball State Cardinals
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 6:00pm ET
ESPNU/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Wednesday
Nov. 8 at Central Michigan Chippewas
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI 7/7:30/8pm ET
ESPN2/U/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Wednesday
Nov. 15 at Miami (OH) RedHawks
Yager Stadium, Oxford, OH 7/8pm ET
ESPN2/U/CBSSN Buy
Tickets

Tuesday
Nov. 21 Bowling Green Falcons
Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, MI 7:00pm ET
ESPNU/ESPN3 Buy
Tickets

Army!? Are you kidding me? You didn't even say Navy. None of those teams save for Western Michigan are any good. Eastern Michigan was a mediocre football team. Playing the Ohio Bobcats is not the same as playing Ohio State. We shouldn't have lost period. Stop trying to justify it.

You're delusional. The MAC is NOT the 2006 version of the B1G East. The B1G East was still a P5 conference. West Virginia with Pat White and Steve Slaton was just as good as anyone in the country. Louisville, was good. Matt Groethe and South Florida was doing work. There were some good Pitt teams around that time. You guys are trying too hard to justfy this loss. Saying that the MAC is like the Big East is delusional. Eastern Michigan was mediocre and the MAC is the MAC. This post is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT