ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sea Hear Now 2024

Kool and the Gang opened for Van Halen on their short-lived reunion tour, think it was 2015. They were fantastic. Better than Van Halen in some ways. DLR was pretty wacky.
Love VH and went to those shows. DLR was simply awful. Game show host

Reactions: Knight Shift
We should get a group to charter a boat to anchor off the beach. I'm sure the ocean off of Asbury will be crowded on Sunday.
The headliners in 2022 were Stevie Nicks and Green Day. It was a beautiful weekend weather wise (compared to 2023), and the ocean was packed with boats. I'd say at least 50 boats offshore.

Keep in mind, access to the beach is blocked from the ocean, so don't think you'll be able to swim to shore and get in with the crowd on the beach. Some people try every year and have to swim back to their boat.

me and @RU_DIO were there in front row of 207. Epic show, except I was not a fan of Lamb of God. That lead singer is quite the screamer. Was surprised how tight Pantera was as a band and how great Phil sounded. Thought Charlie did a great job on drum and Zakk (pride of Jackson NJ) did on guitar. The pit looked pretty good for 2020s.

Lamb of God is good.

One glitch with an error message. Reloaded page and got tix. I do think they gave priority to past attendees within the pre sale. All the friends and family that i have attended with the past 3 years got their tix. Those that it was their first time did not.
The sale was complete BS. We had six devices between four people. The closest was one person getting tickets into a basket and then it quickly "timed out". Some of us refreshed, others didnt. No bueno. It didnt matter whether you bought tickets last year for not. Resale tickets were available before the sale happened and quickly after it was sold out in 45ish minutes. Money grab and f#*k the general population as usual. There uproar is already there, a legislator or two will jump on it and promise to change the system and the same BS will always continue to happen. Sound familiar to anyone??
They sold out last year without Bruce. What are you talking about? It's always been a limited number of bands because only 2 stages and the area they do it in is limited.
Three as already mentioned. And limited number of bands? There were 30 scheduled acts last year.
They sell out every year and the lineups aren't always great.
Last year: Foo Fighters, Wheezer, The Killers, Beach Boys, Nathaniel Raitliff, Tash Sultana (unheard of by me last year but super talented and entertainjng), Sheryl Crow, Living Colour, Greta Van Fleet, The Breeders, etc. Was an awesome lineup and knocked off a bunch of first timers in two days. Yes it was crowded, but we did it right and saw a ton of good music. We had a blast.
YWe should get a group to charter a boat to anchor off the beach. I'm sure the ocean off of Asbury will be crowded on Sunday.
I'm in. But I bet it gets regulated/restricted by the Coast Guard or marine police this year.

The sale was complete BS. We had six devices between four people. The closest was one person getting tickets into a basket and then it quickly "timed out". Some of us refreshed, others didnt. No bueno. It didnt matter whether you bought tickets last year for not. Resale tickets were available before the sale happened and quickly after it was sold out in 45ish minutes. Money grab and f#*k the general population as usual. There uproar is already there, a legislator or two will jump on it and promise to change the system and the same BS will always continue to happen. Sound familiar to anyone??

Three as already mentioned. And limited number of bands? There were 30 scheduled acts last year.

Last year: Foo Fighters, Wheezer, The Killers, Beach Boys, Nathaniel Raitliff, Tash Sultana (unheard of by me last year but super talented and entertainjng), Sheryl Crow, Living Colour, Greta Van Fleet, The Breeders, etc. Was an awesome lineup and knocked off a bunch of first timers in two days. Yes it was crowded, but we did it right and saw a ton of good music. We had a blast.

I'm in. But I bet it gets regulated/restricted by the Coast Guard or marine police this year.
I agree that ticket sales in general are complete BS. It is not specifically sea hear now. Ticketmaster that didn’t run this sale is the absolute worst. Those shows are sold out prior to release half the time.

My opinion what effected this sale is the “local” line up for Sunday. And the fact that people were more aware of the line up than past years. Can’t tell you how many people reached out to me and my wife that are casual music fans that were trying to sunday tix because some idiot put the concert and pre sale information on social media.

Trey would have easily sold out Saturday as a sole headliner on his own. You all are underestimating Phish's following. It was foolish to have him and Bruce on the same day.

Reactions: okieKnight908
Trey would have easily sold out Saturday as a sole headliner on his own. You all are underestimating Phish's following. It was foolish to have him and Bruce on the same day.
Was surprised he was not headliner on Saturday. Phish fans are more accustomed to festival atmosphere.

Reactions: hrdcorhays
Many artists have noticed, and don't like it. Maynard James Keenan from Tool asks the fans to put away their f*cking phones.

The fabulous band Living Colour recently noted:

Pretty funny:

And this- if someone did this to me, I would ask them if they were Zapruder.

I think it’s going to be difficult to control the issues of phones and recording at concerts. It’s a consequence of the technology available to the masses now. I go to concerts to hear music, I don’t particularly like people constantly talking while the music is being played. It happens much more these days . There is not much I can do about it.

You’ve probably heard this song —- @bac2therac

I didn’t think he was that popular until I tried to get tickets for my daughter. They’re freaking outrageous!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT