ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sea Hear Now 2024

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
As you are likely aware, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band are the headliners on Sunday of this two day festival. That made it extraordinarily difficult to get tickets this year.

I had 3 laptops engaged and couldn't get tickets. My initial mistake was that I thought the pages would refresh automatically so I did nothing for about the first two minutes after the sale started. After that, constant refreshing of pages got me nowhere. I do know people that got tickets 30 minutes, 45 minutes, even an hour after the sale started. So if you were persistent and managed the poor web site performance properly, it may have paid off for you.

Needless to say, the prices on the secondary market are crazy. I'm actually seeing Springsteen in Philly a few weeks before the festival so at this point, I'm content to sit it out, although I'll still go if face value tickets fall in my lap at some point.

We went to the festival a couple of years ago and while it was good experience I was not sure about returning. Springsteen in Asbury Park is very attractive but my son went again last year and thought it was way too crowded and generally a poorly run event. I also saw many reviews online with similar complaints. While we had signed up for the pre-sale we decided not to try to get tickets. I hope it goes better this year since it could be a special evening. Maybe we will go over and hang out in Ocean Grove just to listen from a distance.

I tried for one hour. Had tickets in my cart two separate times but system would never process my payment.
Complete waste of a website

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Go on again and try now. Just reading that some other people got tickets within the last half hour.

They are capping attendance again at 35K.

I did get tickets - just lucky I guess

Stumbled on it last year when I was visiting Ocean Grove and my son desperately wanted to see Weezer , so I overpaid resale

Just heard from a cousin who attends SHN every year that she got tickets. Maybe loyal customers got priority in the queue.

I got to the front of the queue at 10:45 but Sunday-only GA tickets were sold out. Other tickets were still available but not of interest to me.

We went to the festival a couple of years ago and while it was good experience I was not sure about returning. Springsteen in Asbury Park is very attractive but my son went again last year and thought it was way too crowded and generally a poorly run event. I also saw many reviews online with similar complaints. While we had signed up for the pre-sale we decided not to try to get tickets. I hope it goes better this year since it could be a special evening. Maybe we will go over and hang out in Ocean Grove just to listen from a distance.
We were on Broadway in OG last year and could clearly hear The Killers.. we walked to see what was going on and that’s how we discovered the festival

Reactions: Scarlet1984
One glitch with an error message. Reloaded page and got tix. I do think they gave priority to past attendees within the pre sale. All the friends and family that i have attended with the past 3 years got their tix. Those that it was their first time did not.

We were on Broadway in OG last year and could clearly hear The Killers.. we walked to see what was going on and that’s how we discovered the festival
+1

Just go to the beach and listen to free.

The closest you’ll get is the south side of Convention Hall. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you might not hear anything but drums. The headliner is always on the “Sand Stage” in front of Asbury Towers on 8th Ave. I’ve worked as a scanner the past few years at the entrance by the Wonder Bar, and can’t usually hear much of anything.

Better option is to get a boat and anchor just offshore.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Love live music, but festivals can be torture. Last festivals I went to were Ozzfest 1999 and Warped Tour in mid 1990s.
The idea of being trapped on the beach for hours waiting for one or two bands I really want to to see has zero appeal. Yeah- bah-humbug.

I'll take an air conditioned arena with seats close to the stage, thank you.

He does folky stuff. Jeez pretty popular right now but surprised he's a headliner.
I'm fairly in tune (no pun) to new music except country, and never heard of the guy.

Just checked him out on YouTube. Not exactly going to get the crowd on the beach rocking:

beavis-and-butt-head-sleeping-xxifcrpdzfuuou4r.gif

They sold out last year without Bruce. What are you talking about? It's always been a limited number of bands because only 2 stages and the area they do it in is limited.

They dont have to find the greatest lineup to pay out the most $$$ since they already are paying Bruce a ton

Ive never heard of Noah Kahan
Funny - my eyes popped upon seeing the contrast from the Saturday headliner to the Sunday headliner. I had to google him and ask for his most popular song which I did recognize upon listening. But if you're over 40 years old, the Saturday lineup isn't great. If you're under 30, you're probably saying the same thing about Sunday.

Funny - my eyes popped upon seeing the contrast from the Saturday headliner to the Sunday headliner. I had to google him and ask for his most popular song which I did recognize upon listening. But if you're over 40 years old, the Saturday lineup isn't great. If you're under 30, you're probably saying the same thing about Sunday.
IDK. Saturday: The Black Crowes, 311, Robert Randoph Band. But you are right, the rest are mostly new names, or lesser-known names. The Hives will be great, and seem like a bat fit.

Sunday? Other than Bruce/ESB and Kool and the Gang, my Beavis/Butt-Head meme above applies. Snoozefest. And for me, that's the problem with these festivals. All filler, one or two killers. But Ozzfest 1999 was on a whole different level:

iu

On a Rutgers football note- convenient that the weekend of the festival is a bye week.

Last year, I only went on Sunday because we had a home game. This year my weekend is wide open and I can't get tickets, lol.

Reactions: Knight Shift
IDK. Saturday: The Black Crowes, 311, Robert Randoph Band. But you are right, the rest are mostly new names, or lesser-known names. The Hives will be great, and seem like a bat fit.

Sunday? Other than Bruce/ESB and Kool and the Gang, my Beavis/Butt-Head meme above applies. Snoozefest. And for me, that's the problem with these festivals. All filler, one or two killers. But Ozzfest 1999 was on a whole different level:

iu

On a Rutgers football note- convenient that the weekend of the festival is a bye week.
I barely survived that Ozzfest!!!

Won front row tickets (behind the GA) on ESPN radio for the Pantera show at the Garden a few weeks ago. Great show!

I barely survived that Ozzfest!!!

Won front row tickets (behind the GA) on ESPN radio for the Pantera show at the Garden a few weeks ago. Great show!
me and @RU_DIO were there in front row of 207. Epic show, except I was not a fan of Lamb of God. That lead singer is quite the screamer. Was surprised how tight Pantera was as a band and how great Phil sounded. Thought Charlie did a great job on drum and Zakk (pride of Jackson NJ) did on guitar. The pit looked pretty good for 2020s.

Reactions: MulletCork
They sold out last year without Bruce. What are you talking about? It's always been a limited number of bands because only 2 stages and the area they do it in is limited.
There are 3 stages, not 2. 2 are on the beach and 1 is in the park across from The Asbury Hotel.

He does folky stuff. He's pretty popular right now but surprised he's a headliner.
Yea had no idea who he was until my 11 year old pointed it out with 1 of his songs that she has played. Can’t see why or how he was headliner over some of the names on the undercard for Saturday.

Am I the only one that landed a ticket?

Bruce, Gaslight, 311 are enough to make it worth it for me

Reactions: BossNJ

If people think Sea Hear Now was too crowded last year, I raise them Coachella which is basically the biggest US music festival there is. Every festival is like that.

He does folky stuff. He's pretty popular right now but surprised he's a headliner.
I saw a quote from him recently that said - the one thing my haters and I have in common is we are both stunned that I'm playing festivals 😊.

The rest of the time I believe he currently lives in Watertown, for all the Boston folks out there.

We should get a group to charter a boat to anchor off the beach. I'm sure the ocean off of Asbury will be crowded on Sunday.
There were about 10-15 smaller boats last year. I bet there will 50 plus. And a bunch of the fishing charters that can accommodate a large number.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I didn’t get tickets but that lineup looks pretty good for both days in my opinion. I don’t know much about Mr Kahan but The Black Crowes, The Revivalists, Grace Potter and Robert Randolph on Sat - that’s good stuff. Also besides Springsteen on Sun, Trey Anastasio , Norah Jones , Kool and The Gang and Larkin Poe- pretty good.

I didn’t get tickets but that lineup looks pretty good for both days in my opinion. I don’t know much about Mr Kahan but The Black Crowes, The Revivalists, Grace Potter and Robert Randolph on Sat - that’s good stuff. Also besides Springsteen on Sun, Trey Anastasio , Norah Jones , Kool and The Gang and Larkin Poe- pretty good.
Kool and the Gang opened for Van Halen on their short-lived reunion tour, think it was 2015. They were fantastic. Better than Van Halen in some ways. DLR was pretty wacky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT