ADVERTISEMENT

Best Home Start Stat

Joey Bags

All Conference
Sep 21, 2019
I keep seeing the 16-0 home stat is the best in school history. Wouldn’t this in reality be tied for the best start with our undefeated regular season back in the 70s? What am I missing here?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I keep seeing the 16-0 home stat is the best in school history. Wouldn’t this in reality be tied for the best start with our undefeated regular season back in the 70s? What am I missing here?

15 was the old record compiled over the 1974-75, 1975-76 and first game of the 1976-77 men's basketball seasons.

Interesting. Why were there so many neutral site games that year in the regular season?

The neutral site games were most likely at MSG. Back then Rutgers used to be a big part of college doubleheaders at The Garden along with SJU, Fordham, etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: RUnTeX
15 was the old record compiled over the 1974-75, 1975-76 and first game of the 1976-77 men's basketball seasons.

What was the single season best start home record then? Was it the just the 9-0 in the 75-76 undefeated/final 4 season? No other random season with multiple road losses and even 1 or more home losses after starting the home slate at 10-0 or better?

Without realizing there were so few home games in the 75-76 season, I just figured the previous record was something like the 12 or 13 straight at home (of the 26-0 regular season record).

The Barn was small so we played most of our home games at Madison Square Garden. Little known fact. Hence why the RAC was built a couple years later.

Also can you imagine if we lost to Bryant and started 0-1. Lol this would all have been for nothing

The Barn was small so we played most of our home games at Madison Square Garden. Little known fact. Hence why the RAC was built a couple years later.

Played a lot of pickup games at the Barn. Were like 100 people in attendance in the 70s?

Played a lot of pickup games at the Barn. Were like 100 people in attendance in the 70s?

No ... the barn was packed to the rafters during the final four season. It was incredibly loud - so much so that it was a common occurrence that paint chips would fall from the ceiling during the loudest parts of the games. Haven't seen any paint chips fall from the RAC yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT