ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 refs f us over and over

Yes, the officiating was very questionable, especially in key moments throughout the game. The biggest culprit I thought was the official named Riley. He called some strange fouls on us at the most inopportune time, especially the 2 fouls on Cliff.

Still with that said, I AM VERY PROUD of the kids and the way they fought today. For the NCAA committee, the EYE TEST should have us in the tourney either in Dayton or alone as an 11 seed. I believe our kids showed the last two games that they have their mojo back.

So tired of it. 3 fouls in 4 seconds. Really? Edey touches ball...whistle.

I defy anyone to argue with a straight face that the refs did not totally fu@k us down the stretch. Neither of Caleb's last two fouls were actually fouls and we would have had the ball on a steal after the first one and a tie up on the 2nd. The charge on Simpson has horseshit too. He should have been shooting two. Unbelievable. The refs tilted the balance of the game for sure.

I defy anyone to argue with a straight face that the refs did not totally fu@k us down the stretch. Neither of Caleb's last two fouls were actually fouls and we would have had the ball on a steal after the first one and a tie up on the 2nd. The charge on Simpson has horseshit too. He should have been shooting two. Unbelievable. The refs tilted the balance of the game for sure.
Edey with the blatant shove of Wolf in the back was a big one too. but lets not complain too much we are losers and pussies lol

Exactly. We didn't lose because of those fouls. They hit 8 points with our guys in their faces, at the buzzer, in the 2nd half. That's the game right there IMHO.

Maybe so. But we should not have to guess whether we would have won with a fair whistle. The reffing down the stretch was one-sided and atrocious!

The 2 key fouls happened around the 8 minutes mark, the 2nd on Simpson on the shot from Jenkins wasn't a foul up 20-16 1st half śpurred a run, and the 3rd and 4thwithin seconds on Cliff in the 2nd half, helped spur the run in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Edey with the blatant shove of Wolf in the back was a big one too. but lets not complain too much we are losers and pussies lol

Forgot about that one. Another huge blown call there late which directly cost us 2 points. .

Reactions: Loyal-Son
You don't think those two fouls on McConnell taking him out of the game were insignificant?

Not blaming the refs but they effected play with that and the two quick ones on cliff.

No doubt not making fouls shots and layups we're critical.

I mean, yeah, I never always agree with every call. My statement was more in terms of the outcome of the game.

I said this in another thread edy is big tens favorite son (when he hung in the rim, yelled in wolfs direction and got no tech)

But it’s pretty telling how the game was officiated when a ref watched edy elbow Paul and swallowed his whistle.
Awful officiating all around.

Reactions: tm_nj and Loyal-Son
The whole game was a calamity.
I’m only upset with the Cliff fouls.
There was some absurd stuff called against Purdue too

The back to back calls on Cliff changed the entire game

B1G refs always insert themselves into the game unnecessarily
AND were out of character with the way the game was being called.
Couldn't they have called the same thing on Edey every time Cliff caught the ball? or 100 times during the game on other plays.

Maybe so. But we should not have to guess whether we would have won with a fair whistle. The reffing down the stretch was one-sided and atrocious!
It was not "one-sided" lol...of the 3 fouls in 4 seconds only 1 was bad call (Caleb's foul was stupid/out of frustration)...com'on man officiating is NOT why we lose this one. Also we missed 10 of 19 layups today. Ooooof.

• Sad
Reactions: NutsWhinesToMods
This thread is crazy. We abused them all first half. It was a great game and they beat us in a close one. That's it.
Sometimes it’s both. Yes Purdue beat us but…. Call the game evenly. Felt like they were protecting the big man and the #1 seed

Reactions: tm_nj and Loyal-Son
Both teams were committing fouls on most possessions .Edey gets refs attention because of his size.
no doubt...and you know he's gonna get away with them, coming in, which is why Pikes doesn't go nuts about him it's not going to change anything (unfortunately).

The 2 calls I didn’t like were the charge against Simpson late. The Purdue player’s feet were off the ground as he was jumping into position… zero chance that he was set. The second was Caleb’s 5th foul… could have easily let them play there. So yes situationally those calls hurt. Otherwise there are a few dozen coulda/shoulda calls/non-calls both sides could point to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT