ADVERTISEMENT

BIG Record 9-60

We aren’t in the basement any longer.

Need to keep it that way so we stop hearing that tag line on this board.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say RU will never get to a lifetime .500 record in conference in my lifetime.
we’ll have a .500 or better conference record within the next 4 years but getting to .500 all-time in conference? Forget it.

Probably will never happen . And if it does my grandkids probably won’t see it.
Think about this if rutgers goes 12-6 in conference over the next 10 years then we would finally get to above .500 all time in the BIG. Even Izzo doesnt do that .

Stats don't matter unless they support a fans viewpoint.
Well this viewpoint is idiotic. I'm not sure what Jordans record mixed with pikiell's record represents besides a bunch of bullshit that is meaningless to bring up in the first place.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Well this viewpoint is idiotic. I'm not sure what Jordans record mixed with pikiell's record represents besides a bunch of bullshit that is meaningless to bring up in the first place.

New York giants have won 4 Super Bowls. But I guess it’s no use stating that because it mixes parcels record and coughlin’s record . Idiotic logic!

The OP must not be a motivational speaker. Telling someone over and over again how many times they have failed in any endeavor accomplishes nothing.
It is totally counterproductive and pointless. We all know the "truth",i.e., that Rutgers has done very poorly in the Big Ten. No kidding. But what does dwelling on this achieve? The idea suggested by some that this "truth" should make us demand immediate improvement is infantile. Athletic success at this level can't just be created by magic or ridiculous demands.

If someone has a history of failures or disappointments at work or in relationships or in life in general, reminding the individual about all the times he did not succeed is destructive and helps no one.
People who are clinically depressed often dwell endlessly on their failures rather than figuring out how to make better choices and move forward in their lives. Similarly, as we think about Rutgers athletic history, it is much more productive to focus on what is improving and what can be done realistically to continue to improve rather than perseverating about how awful it has been.

The OP must not be a motivational speaker. Telling someone over and over again how many times they have failed in any endeavor accomplishes nothing.
It is totally counterproductive and pointless. We all know the "truth",i.e., that Rutgers has done very poorly in the Big Ten. No kidding. But what does dwelling on this achieve? The idea suggested by some that this "truth" should make us demand immediate improvement is infantile. Athletic success at this level can't just be created by magic or ridiculous demands.

If someone has a history of failures or disappointments at work or in relationships or in life in general, reminding the individual about all the times he did not succeed is destructive and helps no one.
People who are clinically depressed often dwell endlessly on their failures rather than figuring out how to make better choices and move forward in their lives. Similarly, as we think about Rutgers athletic history, it is much more productive to focus on what is improving and what can be done realistically to continue to improve rather than perseverating about how awful it has been.

GREAT POST

I can’t believe the mods haven’t deleted this thread yet.
Shameful.

This is a Rutgers message board, for crying out loud (not Syracuse Dumpster thread.)

People like the OP who seem to revel in constantly dredging up this record (as if it can change much even after several good seasons) are hill billy trash posters.

Last edited:
Reactions: shields

You are right , I am not a motivational speaker . However, I beg to differ a little bit on your analysis. Some people (not all) when they are told they suck at something they may try to make changes and not suck anymore .
This does not factor into my original post, which was giving a statistic.

You are right , I am not a motivational speaker . However, I beg to differ a little bit on your analysis. Some people (not all) when they are told they suck at something they may try to make changes and not suck anymore .
This does not factor into my original post, which was giving a statistic.
So if I said you suck at posting would that make your future posts better?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT