ADVERTISEMENT

BIG Record 9-60

If you're a recruit is that what you are looking at? Or are you looking at the current staff, the near tern record, potential playing time, the facilities, the school, the fan base, the donor base etc?

The record is what it is....but to harp on it serves no useful purpose except to try and change out the staff or create even more negativity around the program.

It certainly is frustrating....but those who cannot see the improvement under Pikes seem to have conveniently forgotten the 50 and 70 point losses and how bad we really were just a couple years ago.

PS.....the OP is obviously trolling similar to what he does on the football board.

Great post here, and by Hawk.

Everyone else who comes on here to cry and whine and woe is us is just making the rebuild even more difficult.

Go talk to Dr. Phil if you need a basketball hug.

Incessantly bitching on the board about how bad we have been (and are) is fine if you are fed up with the status quo and are trying to stir up lots of negativty to push out the current staff.

Doing it at this time with this staff in place, and what we have coming down the road (better recruits and a more complete roster, new practice facility, and bigger share of B1G $ pie) is just dumb and counter productive and troll worthy.

If you're a recruit is that what you are looking at? Or are you looking at the current staff, the near tern record, potential playing time, the facilities, the school, the fan base, the donor base etc?

The record is what it is....but to harp on it serves no useful purpose except to try and change out the staff or create even more negativity around the program.

It certainly is frustrating....but those who cannot see the improvement under Pikes seem to have conveniently forgotten the 50 and 70 point losses and how bad we really were just a couple years ago.

PS.....the OP is obviously trolling similar to what he does on the football board.
I'd argue it's definitely one among a bunch of things you're looking at. Can't see it as a non-factor.

Great post here, and by Hawk.

Everyone else who comes on here to cry and whine and woe is us is just making the rebuild even more difficult.

Go talk to Dr. Phil if you need a basketball hug.

Incessantly bitching on the board about how bad we have been (and are) is fine if you are fed up with the status quo and are trying to stir up lots of negativty to push out the current staff.

Doing it at this time with this staff in place, and what we have coming down the road (better recruits and a more complete roster, new practice facility, and bigger share of B1G $ pie) is just dumb and counter productive and troll worthy.

Brain, you are entitled to your opinion, But your comment ("Dr. Phil, "incessantly bitching," "dumb," "troll worth") is way over the top relative to what anyone has said on this board. If you think comments above are "counter productive" but the reality of 8-60 doesn't matter, well, we disagree.

Brain, you are entitled to your opinion, But your comment ("Dr. Phil, "incessantly bitching," "dumb," "troll worth") is way over the top relative to what anyone has said on this board. If you think comments above are "counter productive" but the reality of 8-60 doesn't matter, well, we disagree.

We sure do disagree.

whatever the case, 8-60 most certainly counts when you are fighting perception as a bottom feeder in the Big 10. Does not take posting or not posting on a message board for a kid to know this or to other schools using this to recruit against us. It is what it is.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Just to make sure, you think the comments in this thread ("comments above") are more relevant to recruitment than 8-60?

8-60 is much worse than any 1 comment.

But why pile on and make it more difficult for a recruit to choose RU?

If 95% (pulling a # out of u know where) of the fans on a message board are negative, and 95% of students and “fans” of a school’s team are negative, as a recruit, would you want to attend that school?

Again, why take the easy road and lament past history?
WHAT WILL THAT ACCOMPLISH????

8-60 is much worse than any 1 comment.

But why pile on and make it more difficult for a recruit to choose RU?

If 95% (pulling a # out of u know where) of the fans on a message board are negative, and 95% of students and “fans” of a school’s team are negative, as a recruit, would you want to attend that school?

Again, why take the easy road and lament past history?
WHAT WILL THAT ACCOMPLISH????

You’re adding stuff that had nothing to do with this thread. Read what you said, read what I said.

You’re adding stuff that had nothing to do with this thread. Read what you said, read what I said.

Okay

Reset...

Why do we need to keep a running scoreboard of our all time B1G record after each game?

What purpose does that serve?

Reactions: BOGDANOVICH
whatever the case, 8-60 most certainly counts when you are fighting perception as a bottom feeder in the Big 10. Does not take posting or not posting on a message board for a kid to know this or to other schools using this to recruit against us. It is what it is.
It is what it is has been happening for decades and it is unacceptable for any team competing in a power conference to allow the status quo to continue for so long.

Reactions: bac2therac
Update 8-60
Your premise for starting the thread and making people aware just how awful we've been was kind of not needed. As everyone knows how bad we've been since we've entered the B1G and even before it. As we haven't had a winning season in 12 years. You are after all posting this on the Basketball forum, people here know this stuff already. Your not enlightening anyone just inciting. But now with the count down it's just become flat out idiotic.

Of course there's no real need to post our record after every game. But you know what? We suck, have sucked and unless you're paying very close attention have no reason to believe we won't continue to suck. Luckily, we can see that IF recruiting improves we have coaches who can work with that.

But that doesn't change why other teams' fans and the national sports media look at us the way they do. We are so quick to get all indignant when someone makes some insulting remark, but the record is why they do. We are an object of scorn in the only sports most people care about. And it's going to take a hell of a lot more than beating Seton Hall and playing some ranked teams close to make anyone think otherwise. (Anyone else remember a poster saying we should be ranked after the Seton Hall game? Reading that horrible Big Ten record at least has validity.)

Sure, it sounds like a drumbeat of negativity we don't need. But guess what? It's pretty much the only drumbeat we've had for a long, long time. And while I don't see the point of posting it, I'm sure not going to pretend it's not real, a very large albatross hanging about our necks, and something that we don't have staring us in the face every single day.

Of course there's no real need to post our record after every game. But you know what? We suck, have sucked and unless you're paying very close attention have no reason to believe we won't continue to suck. Luckily, we can see that IF recruiting improves we have coaches who can work with that.

Really?

For the negatoids on the board, take your frustration out and go to scarlet knights.com.

Scroll to the R Fund and as Manhattan says...give to the R Fund.

In particular the R Build Fund. Nothing like cranes building our new athletic facilities.

That is a winner.

I now see the light.....!!!!.....I had no idea that all it took for a Power 5 program around the country to tell the truth and demanded an end to the process!!!....that will make the process magically happen and while we are at it, let's restrict the better programs from recruiting anyone into their program for 2 or 3 years, so everyone else can catch up!!

I mean, why didn't much wealthier programs like Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State, Nebraska do this 15-20 years ago as well????.....I'm sure their fan bases are no different than RU's over the years.....I mean that's all it takes to beat Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue and others in basketball.....just demand excellence, while we sit on our couches....that works in a lot of other Pro sports as well....The Met fans need to demand excellence, forget spending any money or investing in the farm system....go beat the Yankees and others that build things over time to catch up....instead, let's make it happen yesterday!!!

Still also waiting for the explanation on the countless other programs who are just now investing money into facilities like Northwestern etc, who buried and pocketed DECADES of B1G revenue, never investing a nickel into their facilities until someone finally said enough is enough!!!....that will launch Northwestern right to the top of the B1G...!!!

Also still waiting for someone to post

Penn State's all time B1G record.....
Penn States all time B1G road record...
Nebraska's all time B1G and Big 12/Big 8 record
Northwestern's all time B1G record in league games
Northwesterns all time B1G road record in league games....

I don't believe it's as east as fans think and it actually takes work to get there...and I know someone will say the last 20-30 years have involved "building that process", when in actual terms very little has been done over those "decades of futility".

There is a lengthy and no short cuts process in building facilities, coaching staffs, recruiting the right players, and everything else that comes with it....If this hard work isn't for you, probably best to find something else to do....if you actually enjoy watching the process evolve from not winning to respectable, to "good", to "on the map" and will respect the coaches and players pushing that process forward, then enjoy the rebuild.
State Penn, Northwestern and Nebraska have all made an NCAA appearance this decade. Our situation isn’t even remotely comparable. Stop the nonsense.

I now see the light.....!!!!.....I had no idea that all it took for a Power 5 program around the country to tell the truth and demanded an end to the process!!!....that will make the process magically happen and while we are at it, let's restrict the better programs from recruiting anyone into their program for 2 or 3 years, so everyone else can catch up!!

I mean, why didn't much wealthier programs like Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State, Nebraska do this 15-20 years ago as well????.....I'm sure their fan bases are no different than RU's over the years.....I mean that's all it takes to beat Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue and others in basketball.....just demand excellence, while we sit on our couches....that works in a lot of other Pro sports as well....The Met fans need to demand excellence, forget spending any money or investing in the farm system....go beat the Yankees and others that build things over time to catch up....instead, let's make it happen yesterday!!!

Still also waiting for the explanation on the countless other programs who are just now investing money into facilities like Northwestern etc, who buried and pocketed DECADES of B1G revenue, never investing a nickel into their facilities until someone finally said enough is enough!!!....that will launch Northwestern right to the top of the B1G...!!!

Also still waiting for someone to post

Penn State's all time B1G record.....
Penn States all time B1G road record...
Nebraska's all time B1G and Big 12/Big 8 record
Northwestern's all time B1G record in league games
Northwesterns all time B1G road record in league games....

I don't believe it's as east as fans think and it actually takes work to get there...and I know someone will say the last 20-30 years have involved "building that process", when in actual terms very little has been done over those "decades of futility".

There is a lengthy and no short cuts process in building facilities, coaching staffs, recruiting the right players, and everything else that comes with it....If this hard work isn't for you, probably best to find something else to do....if you actually enjoy watching the process evolve from not winning to respectable, to "good", to "on the map" and will respect the coaches and players pushing that process forward, then enjoy the rebuild.

I can't speak for the other schools you mentioned but I know NU and Lincoln spent $240mil to try and get hoops jump started. If you look at NU's history, what success they have had has been when the University actually spent money on hoops. NU has made a conscious effect now to try and keep elevating the program.

Also: this all started before joining the Big 10.

Your premise for starting the thread and making people aware just how awful we've been was kind of not needed. As everyone knows how bad we've been since we've entered the B1G and even before it. As we haven't had a winning season in 12 years. You are after all posting this on the Basketball forum, people here know this stuff already. Your not enlightening anyone just inciting. But now with the count down it's just become flat out idiotic.

I don’t think people knew just how awful we have been . I had to look up the season records and add the wins and losses up. Seeing the actual numbers puts in perspective . If we were 60-8 I would post that too. It works both ways

I don’t think people knew just how awful we have been . I had to look up the season records and add the wins and losses up. Seeing the actual numbers puts in perspective . If we were 60-8 I would post that too. It works both ways
OK, is the count down really necessary? If like you say, you enlightened us with your original post, aren't you now just inciting with the constant updates? Your intentions are not matching up with your actions.

Reactions: RUpop and RUonBrain

You have got to be kidding me, you didn’t think people didn’t know the record.

We all knew we sucked.

Guess you are proud for detailing exactly how bad, and continuing to remind us after every game as if that will help us get better.

This thread reminds me of the Syracuse board thread Rutgers is a dumpster fire.
Except this one is on a Rutgers board.

What a tool.

Reactions: BOGDANOVICH
OK, is the count down really necessary? If like you say, you enlightened us with your original post, aren't you now just inciting with the constant updates? Your intentions are not matching up with your actions.

Nothing posted on these boards is really necessary.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress

But that doesn't change why other teams' fans and the national sports media look at us the way they do. We are so quick to get all indignant when someone makes some insulting remark, but the record is why they do. We are an object of scorn in the only sports most people care about. And it's going to take a hell of a lot more than beating Seton Hall and playing some ranked teams close to make anyone think otherwise. (Anyone else remember a poster saying we should be ranked after the Seton Hall game? Reading that horrible Big Ten record at least has validity.)

Sure, it sounds like a drumbeat of negativity we don't need. But guess what? It's pretty much the only drumbeat we've had for a long, long time. And while I don't see the point of posting it, I'm sure not going to pretend it's not real, a very large albatross hanging about our necks, and something that we don't have staring us in the face every single day.

this...and this thread needs to be revived when RU fans act pissed off or shocked that they are not giving this program any respect when it will be a unanimous selection for 14th place in league next year.

this...and this thread needs to be revived when RU fans act pissed off or shocked that they are not giving this program any respect when it will be a unanimous selection for 14th place in league next year.

Still lost at why we are still whining....you say 5 year rebuild and then complain about how the recent rebuild is hurting perception and continuing the cycle....everyone understands the program despite being in a power conference, hasn't conducted itself as one.....so we keep seeing the same process that shows you need 8 to 9 Top 200 kids over a 3-4 year recruiting cycle and RU actually has just started that process now.

The key is the staff, not the nonsense people post here....if fans believe reputation of a program wins games, ask Pittsburgh how that works itself out....or a number of other programs that are improving rapidly, yet don't see immediate results and are in Year 4 of that process (Wake Forest, Oregon State)....they both squeaked in an NCAA recently, but are still in rebuild/recruit mode in a very elite/tough league, like RU.

And to the fans that say you can't look at other rebuilds or don't care to look at Nebraska, Penn State, Northwestern as examples on how to get there, would be ignorant to the process....

Reactions: shields
I am speaking to how our fans think we are further along up the Big 10 rankings than we are...we are last, we have been last...there is a very good chance we will be last next year...hope to make the progress from 2 wins to 4 and maybe get 13th. I think thats how slow the process is. Our fans the past two years have watched RU beat a bunch of Bumblebee States and then extrapolate that into many Big 10 wins. We have some fans here who think that RU is headed to post season next year even the NCAA. Its a tough slog for Pikiell because 2019 is going to be a huge recruiting year that could make or break RU getting to the NCAA in his year 5 or 6...and it could even be 7. Thats how tough of a rebuild it is..just because no one wants to mention 8-60 does not mean 8-60 matters alot in recruiting..its very tough to overcome..and until we start landing top 100 players and getting over 500 and winning more than 8 games in our last 68, then its going to dog this program

Reactions: RUJMM78
I am speaking to how our fans think we are further along up the Big 10 rankings than we are...we are last, we have been last...there is a very good chance we will be last next year...hope to make the progress from 2 wins to 4 and maybe get 13th. I think thats how slow the process is. Our fans the past two years have watched RU beat a bunch of Bumblebee States and then extrapolate that into many Big 10 wins. We have some fans here who think that RU is headed to post season next year even the NCAA. Its a tough slog for Pikiell because 2019 is going to be a huge recruiting year that could make or break RU getting to the NCAA in his year 5 or 6...and it could even be 7. Thats how tough of a rebuild it is..just because no one wants to mention 8-60 does not mean 8-60 matters alot in recruiting..its very tough to overcome..and until we start landing top 100 players and getting over 500 and winning more than 8 games in our last 68, then its going to dog this program

HEY, GUESS WHAT???!!!

We are 8-60!!!!

Truth Teller!!!!

I think I get it now!

HEY, GUESS WHAT???!!!

We are 8-60!!!!

Truth Teller!!!!

You have got to be kidding me, you didn’t think people didn’t know the record.

We all knew we sucked.

Guess you are proud for detailing exactly how bad, and continuing to remind us after every game as if that will help us get better.

This thread reminds me of the Syracuse board thread Rutgers is a dumpster fire.
Except this one is on a Rutgers board.

What a tool.
The discussion back and forth on this message board doesn't really matter.What matters is that the media picks Rutgers to come in last preseason and that is where they end up at the end of the season.Recruits have choices and negative recruiting continues to be used against Rutgers citing all the stats that fans don't want mentioned.

Bottom line its up to the coaching staff to recruit higher level talent that can shoot/score .League rivals aren't waiting for Rutgers to catch up in coaching ability and talent.Setting time tables for rebuilds hasn't worked with previous coaching staffs because recruits chose other schools and Rutgers was left with complementary type players who are non scorers.

Okay

Reset...

Why do we need to keep a running scoreboard of our all time B1G record after each game?

What purpose does that serve?
While we're at it, let's petition the B1G to stop keeping score during the game, stop tabulating standings every day, and to erase standings for every previous year other than this one.

Shhh . . . quiet . . . and no one will notice our B1G performance.

While we're at it, let's petition the B1G to stop keeping score during the game, stop tabulating standings every day, and to erase standings for every previous year other than this one.

Shhh . . . quiet . . . and no one will notice our B1G performance.
Winning matters in recruiting and so does stats .Not discussing stats and league standings has gotten Rutgers nowhere in the B1G and in previous conference affiliations.The end result has been status quo futility which is unacceptable.

Winning matters in recruiting and so does stats .Not discussing stats and league standings has gotten Rutgers nowhere in the B1G and in previous conference affiliations.The end result has been status quo futility which is unacceptable.

What does this even mean? So discussing futility is somehow being more accountable?

Reactions: RUonBrain
Some real moronic logic in this thread

I have an idea

Instead of aroost raising $ on the Round Table for statistical analysis software, let’s ask him to raise $ for our basketball team for warmup up t-shirts.

Every game the players will wear a new shirt, and it will display our all-time B1G record in big bold font right on the front and back.

That way, EVERYONE will be sure to know our record, and the players will be accountable for their record!!

Good idea, right?!?!

Can’t get more ACCOUNTABLE than that!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT