ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten bubble watch

needmorecowbell

All American
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2007
Hillsborough, NJ
Rutgers, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin are all near the NCAA tourney bubble. Could the committee say, let’s look at the head to head records of this group? I know they officially don’t look at head to head but this could be a very unique situation. Rutgers (3-1) is currently first, Michigan (4-2) second, Wisconsin (3-2) third and Penn State(1-5) last. Either way, the committee has a lot to think about with the bubble teams.

Last edited:
Just WIN BABY! 🤷🏻‍♂️ But, yes I get it… Michigan needs more Q1 wins. If they beat us they gotta beat Purdue. Ain’t happening

Another way to separate those four: what is their record vs. the top of the conference?
Against the top four (Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, and Michigan State)
Rutgers is 4-4
Penn State is 2-3
Michigan is 3-4
Wisconsin is 0-5

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
Another way to compare teams is to consider how they did against the top of the conference.
Against the top four seeds (Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan State)
Rutgers was 4-3
Penn State was 2-3
Michigan was 3-4
Wisconsin was 0-5
It also points out how the unbalanced scheduling could hurt some and help others.

Last edited:
Also can look at how those four did against the top of the conference (the top four seeds).
If I did this correctly:
Rutgers 4-3
PSU 2-3
Michigan 3-4
Wisconsin 0-5
Also points out the unbalanced schedule with Rutgers and Michigan having more games, 7, against the top of the conference while PSU and Wisc only had 5. Of course the entire schedule is looked at and Rutgers OOC hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT