ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

DID I HEAR a snap from the mSU WRETSLERS leg?
ouch

Poz was just standing up

Eek that didn't look good. No idea how that happened, Poz was just standing up but he wins by injury default and will wrestle for 3rd.

He was winning 4-3 and bottom to start the 2nd before the injury occured. He had a nice takedown at the end of the period to take the lead.

Hope the MSU guy is okay, never want to see that.

I thought i heard a snap when he stood up....nothing that poz did......Not good

For not competing at 2 weights and having virtually no points with 133, HW & 165, and an unknown at 125, Rutgers has looked fantastic.

Maybe the 5 week layoff and Sammy news got us all pessimistic. But they came to fight. They look a bit out of shape, but that was to be expected.

I think the future is bright. BTW, Chletsos looks real good. Could be a nice 33 lb'er.
We've got some real good recruits coming in and a young, talented squad.

By the way, what the hell happened to Wisconsin? They took a serious nosedive.

Are the 3rd place matches tonight or during this session?
I believe tonight. As every year I harp on this. When the hosting team has a wrestler going for a place the arena watches them and reacts to them. The majority of the crowd like we experience is the hosting school with a sprinkling of the other 13 teams fans. It takes away from the Championship matches. IMO they should be wrestled last and by themselves. It's a huge accomplishment it deserves it's own spotlight.

Reactions: Leonard23
Janzer is too big to wrestle 184 and too small to wrestle 197. I had high hopes for him as a recruit but he hasn’t developed the way I hoped.

125: Wrestled fairly to seed, 1 Big Upset
133: Wrestled to seed
141: Wrestled to seed (unfortunately I was expecting more, but a SV loss to Nick Lee is not a horrible loss)
149; Exceeded Seed (Big time)
157: None
165: Wrestled to seed
174: Wrestled slightly below seed (7th seed wrestling for 9th)
184: Wrestled above seed
197: Wrestled slightly above seed (10 seed, got 8th place)
285: Wrestled to seed

10th place in standings

Overall a decent tournament, not great in comparison to seeds

Note: Ohio State is in 9th

Penola was a Heavyweight last year (I believe)
Didn't he beat our 197 pounder in a match (who bumped up)

Nice the old slip off the shoe to get the takedown move. I like it Turley 2-0.

Can't there be a penalty point awarded for a shoe coming off?
I remember that happening before

This year is so screwed up...The EIWA Stealing so many bids is disgusting...If we were part of EIWA this year we would of been 10-0 with 8/9 Qualifiers. They calculated in Cornell. Princeton and UPenn when they didn't compete .EIWA Champ lost to Rider! Thats what happens when you have a female AD from Cal State Bakersfield calling the shots and NO Idea of NCAA Wrestling! Hofstra qualified 7 EIWA guys and they stink

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT